HUMP BALCONY PRO'S & CON'S (Radiance Class)

We have booked our first hump balcony cabin for 2010. We have had aft cabins for 5 past cruises (loved them) and have two more aft cabins booked. This time I wanted to try something different. How can I say that afts are my favorite if I've never tried the hump? :rolleyes:

We have reserved cabin 9092 on the hump of the Radiance of the Seas! :)

The pros and cons of the hump and any pictures will be much appreciated. Tks!!

We have booked our first hump balcony cabin for 2010. We have had aft cabins for 5 past cruises (loved them) and have two more aft cabins booked. This time I wanted to try something different. How can I say that afts are my favorite if I've never tried the hump? :rolleyes:

We have reserved cabin 9092 on the hump of the Radiance of the Seas! :)

The pros and cons of the hump and any pictures will be much appreciated. Tks!!

Only advantage is you are closer to concierge lounge if you are Diamond Plus.

I really think the only difference you will find it the location to the elevators. It is a lot easier to get to other places on the ship when you are litterally just steps away from the elevators and steps. You will enjoy not having to walk all the way to the back of the ship.

I've tried a hump and a balcony closer to the front, and my next one will be an aft. So far the hump was better than the other balcony just because of the location. We went on the Liberty and that was a long walk!

Thanks for the info! We love larger balconies so we hoped being on the hump would be the best of all worlds. No long walk to the aft and still a balcony big enough for at least one lounger. :) I have read also that most people are not bothered by noise.

Thanks for the pictures. I only found a few myself.

One of the pictures I found does look like the balcony may be a bit dark but it certainly is big!

Yes that was my concern too, but my ds and gf are staying in an inside cabin so we thought we would get this cabin so they could come a sit on the balcony when they wanted. THat is of course we are not freezing. :D I had asked at the time I was booking if it was tomb-like and everyone said it was one of the most coveted cabins. So I went for it.

Have a great cruise and I hope you enjoy it.

Interesting...those are our photos. LOL. :D The first one is 9076, the second is 9092. :)

I thought that first one didn't look like 9092, but I thought it was labeled that way:confused: Thanks for clarifying it up. :) It's amazing what google will come up with isn't it??? lol Did you enjoy 9092? And was it tomb-like?

:D That is my mother and her friend in 9076. We liked 9092 very much. It doesn't get a lot of air movement because it is closed in and back of the hump.....so it was perfect for our very cold Alaska cruise. We had 8088 for a canal cruise. It was a little too warm. We watched a bit from the balcony and then went over to the starboard side promenade deck...where it was in the shade. :)

Thanks for the pictures. I only found a few myself.

One of the pictures I found does look like the balcony may be a bit dark but it certainly is big!

I am an after myself but had a friend that had a hump and though the balcony was large it was quite dark. I felt it looked depressing but to each his own. :D

Our favorite Raniance class balcony is 9576 (other side of ship opposite 9076). It is a bit less exposed to the Centrum in hallway position than 9076, has the the larger than standard balcony, but no "cave-like" feel. Also, very quiet...no elevator or Centrum noise.

Thanks for the information on this cabin. We have 9078 booked for November, it is the other side of the elevator. I am looking forward to a larger balcony.

We have 9078 booked for our next three cruises on Jewel of the Seas. It is one of our favorites because of its location and larger balcony. :) No noise problems that I can recall from our previous stays in that room. but things have pretty much quieted down throughout the ship by the time we are ready to retire for the evening.;) Enjoy!

Archived