Three adults in one room!!!!

karjoe

Hello all,

My wife and I have just recently been on the Emerald (got back last week) where we had a baja deck stateroom with balcony - it was absolutely what we wanted.....however when we got home and told our son about the cruise, he said he would like to come on the next one (Ruby..Aug 20th 09 - med). So we've booked baja deck again - midship. My question is - I can't think where they put the 'other' bed - I'm assuming it will be pretty cramped in the room......anyone had more than two in the same room and was it cramped....any suggestions..

Hello all,

My wife and I have just recently been on the Emerald (got back last week) where we had a baja deck stateroom with balcony - it was absolutely what we wanted.....however when we got home and told our son about the cruise, he said he would like to come on the next one (Ruby..Aug 20th 09 - med). So we've booked baja deck again - midship. My question is - I can't think where they put the 'other' bed - I'm assuming it will be pretty cramped in the room......anyone had more than two in the same room and was it cramped....any suggestions..

You will have to make sure that your balcony stateroom can accomodate a third passenger. If you look at the deck plans, it will show which staterooms will hold three or four, except for the extra bunks. But the bunk can be folded up during the day so you don't have it hanging over your head. The bed is a drop down from the wall bunk style, but the cabins will be identical to those that hold only two. Bathroom the same size, along with storage space.

So, imagine the last stateroom you had, with a bunk bed over the top of the other beds coming down from the wall.

The alternative to the bunk bed is to book a minisuite which will have a fold out couch. As you know the beds can be arranged as twins or a queen, so that gives you the option of having 3 'beds' and deciding who will get the couch bed.

Three adults in a regular stateroom can be a little cramped. Get a mini-suite with the fold out from the couch. Out 14 year old is adult size now and we would never try to cram everyone into a regular room again.

Have a nice cruise.

An adult in a pull down bed from the ceiling would be ridiculous. Too awkward, and he would have difficulty sitting up in bed.

Well, I managed to do so... (6ft4 / 220 lbs) The hanging bed is the same size as the other beds, it's just a few feet above the other beds....

My mom, my sister and I have all traveled together on Princess. The only time that we thought it was too cramped was on the Sea Princess. We were in an inside cabin that was at the end of a row of rooms. The door into the room was set at an angle and it took away some of the space - probably not much but it sure seemed like it since we had previously been 3 to an inside room.

I would much rather do 3 to a room than having to stay home or booking my own room. Sometimes the money dictates whether you can upgrade to a mini suite. My philosphy is that I don't spend that much time in my room, so it doesn't matter. Just my 2 cents.

Kari

Hello all,

DH and I sailed on the Ruby in Nov/Dec 2008. We were on the Baja deck, midship in a cabin that could accommodate 3. The third bed (bunk) came down out of the ceiling. That being said, depending on your sons age, it may be too cramped. It was small for DH and I, but it worked just fine. We learned to stay out of each others way while getting ready... lol.

As others have said, you may want to look into a mini-suite.

Originally, I booked a quad balcony for us and two kids (11 & 9). In retrospect, best move I made was spending an extra $500 for a minisuite. Minis are very comfortable and made it a relaxing vacation. I booked a Baja balcony for just my wife and me(12 day grand med next summer) and don't even like the fact that there is no sofa and the balcony is limited in size.

The three of you will be liviing in a small space for the cruise. Be sure you are all prepared to respect each others privacy.

There will be none, basically. As George Costanza would say, "There was no 'buffer zone'." :D

Anyway, we have sailed with 4 adults in one quad balcony room and it was fine. It is what it is, and what you make of it. We're a close family and we had a blast. Booking 2 rooms was out of the question, so we just made due. It was fine. :)

Hello all,

We will be on the Ruby in July, Baja #431/balcony for quad. My mom, 15 yr. son (almost 6') and I will be on the 12 day, Med. From the looks of it, we'll be out of our cabin more than we'll be in! I've have the mini w/balcony with just me and my mom. It was nice but we were on for 7 days and the itinerary wasn't as hectic. I've seen a thread here on CC with photos of the beds coming down what looks like the ceiling. It didn't discourage me. From what I've read, they put the bed up during the day and then they pull it down at night. We never have to mess with it. I'll be glad to share my thoughts upon my return so that you can feel better prepared.

Hello all,

I've just found a thread Pictures of Triple inside Statement just below this thread and "Kooljamming" has posted a photo link for "triple/quad" cabins. It still looks good to me. Remember the balcony is there, too.

Hello all,

Something like with bunks folding down. I have other pics in the Sapphire Princess album

2162641870101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Something like with bunks folding down. I have other pics in the Sapphire Princess album
Keep in mind that a balcony cabin will be quite different as the beds are across the cabin from the side wall, not the end, due to the balcony door yet the pull-out bed will be along the side wall as shown.

Keep in mind that a balcony cabin will be quite different as the beds are across the cabin from the side wall, not the end, due to the balcony door yet the pull-out bed will be along the side wall as shown.

I was trying to find a pic but many here have no idea how the bed folds down and from where. The balcony room with the bed coming down as above but from side wall.

How can we make Princess post actual pics of the cabins. Alot of people really would like to see what they are booking :-)

2640914000101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

• 9 months later...

In a balcony cabin with the third bed will the bed be in the way during the day? Will it affect head room? We don't have any use for the third bed so we're wondering if we should get a different cabin if it's going to be in the way.

In a balcony cabin with the third bed will the bed be in the way during the day? Will it affect head room? We don't have any use for the third bed so we're wondering if we should get a different cabin if it's going to be in the way.

It depends on the ship and cabin. Most recess into the ceiling or wall but I have seen some the just tilt up against the wall and stick out about a foot.

Archived