A few SD questions?

artlee

We are waiting for the contractor to come back with his final numbers on a project here at the house. It's a project that I have been promising DJ's DH we would do for the last two summers but I have been able to put off until now. I kind of owe DJ's DH after the last cruise and the jewelry:p

It all depends on what those numbers look like:rolleyes:

Between Chico's and the jewelry stores, It might be dangerous if you and Lois ever get together. DJ's DH & I will need quite a few painkillers, I am sure!

On the large ships, I did not feel much motion at all. On SD, despite extremely smooth seas, motion lulled me to sleep each night and, with the help of Bonine, I did not get sick.

The motion on SD is definitely different that the motion on the larger ships. I actually don't mind the motion on SD as much as I do on the larger ship for reasons that I am sure Jim Avery will be able to explain given his time on the water.

We hit 18-foot seas when we cross the Gulf of Mexico on a Holland America ship some years back (in February) and that was the only time I was ever seasick.

We had some rare sea condition in March 2007 on SD with one swell that was close to 20 feet. For more on this adventure here is a link to that review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=736202&highlight=.

I was fine while DJ's DH was a little green.

Regardless, if you are prone to sea sickness follow edhenry's advice and take Bonine after dinner.

We will be going on SeaDream to the Mediterranean in early July. Can't wait. We did a very short (2-3 days) cruise a couple of years ago and had a great time. The only dissappointment was the beer selection. I am a "beer guy" and really only alcohol I drink. I know that they are a small ship, but when we went to the Caribbean they only had like 3-4 types of beer....Couple of domestics, Heineken (ick) and Carib. Call me a beer snob, but none really "float my boat", so to speak. Does anyone know if on longer cruises they have more premium beer or if you can request anything special?

We will be going on SeaDream to the Mediterranean in early July. Can't wait. We did a very short (2-3 days) cruise a couple of years ago and had a great time. The only dissappointment was the beer selection. I am a "beer guy" and really only alcohol I drink. I know that they are a small ship, but when we went to the Caribbean they only had like 3-4 types of beer....Couple of domestics, Heineken (ick) and Carib. Call me a beer snob, but none really "float my boat", so to speak. Does anyone know if on longer cruises they have more premium beer or if you can request anything special?

Let Miami know what you prefer and they will do their best to get it on board. Keep in mind though that they may be limited based on where they are provisioning for your cruise.

Thanks! I'll do that. Is there a certain email address I should write to?

I usually just call Miami with my requests: 800-707-4911. That way I know they have the request and it has been noted on my reservation:D

Maybe I'll do that. I feel kind of silly though calling to ask "what kind of beer do you have on the cruise?". Very small in the grand scheme of things. But very excited about going on a longer cruise so we can get to know the crew and passengers better.

Maybe I'll do that. I feel kind of silly though calling to ask "what kind of beer do you have on the cruise?". Very small in the grand scheme of things. But very excited about going on a longer cruise so we can get to know the crew and passengers better.

No need to feel silly.

One of the great things about SD is that you can ask those sorts of questions and make requests and the person on the other line wants to make sure you have an excellent experience on board.

Trust me, if they know your beer preference they will make sure to have it on board if possible! Just ask DJ's DH, TOYBAR and ctbjr:D

Well DisneyJen and other new friends. We have decided to change our plans and go on SD. Need to wait for next Friday - payday -- and the deed will be done. Thanks to all for your help in the decision making process. Now we need Dec. 4th to hurry and get here!

art

Well DisneyJen and other new friends. We have decided to change our plans and go on SD. Need to wait for next Friday - payday -- and the deed will be done. Thanks to all for your help in the decision making process. Now we need Dec. 4th to hurry and get here!

art

Congrats Art!!

Glad that we all could be of help to push you to give SD try. I don't think you'll be sorry:D

Now comes the hard part ... the waiting:p

Would like to not bring a dinner jacket. Will that be tacky? Don't want to be one of the few without. Would prefer a nice pair of slacks and shirt -- plus a lot easier pack.

Would like to not bring a dinner jacket. Will that be tacky? Don't want to be one of the few without. Would prefer a nice pair of slacks and shirt -- plus a lot easier pack.

No jacket required for dinner in the Caribbean.

In the past DJ's DH has taken his trusty navy blazer. In March he didn't even pack it (and we were on our 9 night 25th anniversary cruise:p).

No jacket required for dinner in the Caribbean.

In the past DJ's DH has taken his trusty navy blazer. In March he didn't even pack it (and we were on our 9 night 25th anniversary cruise:p).

I took mine and I wore it once, not for the looks but I was cold on deck one night.

Glad to hear you are going on SeaDream. We have been once for a very short trip. This time is a longer trip and we can't wait. As the great Tom Petty says "The Waiting Is the Hardest Part".

Jen...saw you are a Chesney fan. Not a big fan, but have worked on a number of his videos. Just finished one a couple of weeks ago "Out Last Night".

Glad to hear you are going on SeaDream. We have been once for a very short trip. This time is a longer trip and we can't wait. As the great Tom Petty says "The Waiting Is the Hardest Part".

Jen...saw you are a Chesney fan. Not a big fan, but have worked on a number of his videos. Just finished one a couple of weeks ago "Out Last Night".

WOW!!! I went to 13 of his concerts last year and am headed to several more this year.

Can't wait to hear how your Med trip goes. We're hoping to do a Turkey - Greek cruise next summer if the darned economy cooperates.

FT.

He is a very nice guy. Short. Kind of quiet. Seems not to be overly comfortable being famous. I've talked with him a couple of times because I am a huge UT Vols fan

another example of SD giving you exactly what you want -- on each fall crossing I've made on SD II- the Captain or Miami or the CAD (not sure who,but thank you whoever) makes sure the Vols score is included in the onboard news (of course, I could have done without the BAMA scores the past couple of years:eek:) . . . and there is nothing like hearing Rocky Top in the middle of the Atlantic ocean!! :D

FT

Archived