A few SD questions?

artlee

another example of SD giving you exactly what you want -- on each fall crossing I've made on SD II- the Captain or Miami or the CAD (not sure who,but thank you whoever) makes sure the Vols score is included in the onboard news (of course, I could have done without the BAMA scores the past couple of years:eek:) . . . and there is nothing like hearing Rocky Top in the middle of the Atlantic ocean!! :D

FT

Hey FT, just 2 things: ROLL TIDE! and wait till this year.

Jim.

Jen...saw you are a Chesney fan. Not a big fan, but have worked on a number of his videos. Just finished one a couple of weeks ago "Out Last Night".

That's very cool volntitan:D

FT puts me to shame in term of being a Chesney fan. I've only seen him in concert three times over a three-year period:rolleyes:

As a Vols fan you are in good company here on the SD board.

Jim.

Play nice Jim:D

you are my world of information. Thanks once again.

Glad to be of service Art!

As FT has said in several posts ... no kickbacks or preferential treatment here. Just a very satisfied and loyal SeaDreamer:p

Jim.

And you wonder why ZQVol and I haven't sailed with you again . . . .:rolleyes: I was going to be nice and not mention the scores for the 5 years before that . . . give Lois my best . . . I hear Chicos is having a great sale. :D I hope to see her soon on SD

FT

Jim.

That is not a very nice thing to say, may you have dreams for weeks with Rocky Top playing in your head!

That is not a very nice thing to say, may you have dreams for weeks with Rocky Top playing in your head!

You two be nice or I will have to stop buying Jack Daniels. The economy of Tennessee will suffer!

Would like to not bring a dinner jacket. Will that be tacky? Don't want to be one of the few without. Would prefer a nice pair of slacks and shirt -- plus a lot easier pack.

I do as DJ'sDH, Zqvol and others do, pack a navy sportcoat. I like it in the dining room and as has been mentioned, on deck on coolish nights. You can wear it with polo shirt or collared, slacks or bermuda shorts. Flip flops are up to you. Have fun.

Jim.

So would you risk booking a cruise with SD if there was no insurance covering you in the case they went bankrupt? I know there has been discusion of the parent company having financial problems, which the boss said would not affect SD. But still... there has to be some risk involved and the intial company used by my TA will not cover SD for this issue. Care to weigh in on this?

art

So would you risk booking a cruise with SD if there was no insurance covering you in the case they went bankrupt? I know there has been discusion of the parent company having financial problems, which the boss said would not affect SD. But still... there has to be some risk involved and the intial company used by my TA will not cover SD for this issue. Care to weigh in on this?

art

have you tried other coverage? - I always buy ours separately since we have to get a policy that covers work related cancellations. When last I checked, there were a number of carriers still covering.

FT

I always purchase trip insurance ... you may want to check out insure my trip dot com. We have used them for all of our cruises (including those not on SD) since we never know what issues we might face with family and job situations.

Remember that TA's work on commission (including trip insurance) so that does weigh into their recommendations on who to use for coverage.

FT and DJ's DH are in similar situations as it relates to work related cancellations so I make sure to find a policy that covers our needs.

When I read your question to DJ's DH his response was ... "I don't worry about the solvency of SD, I worry about my ability to get away on a SD cruise because of work responsbilities and issues."

I have an opening book on SD for Oct. 2009 that I may roll into 2010 and I am definitely not worried about losing that deposit (actually I am trying to figure out how to cruise in fall of 09 and 10).

As always, you mileage may vary...

ok, I am booked and with insurance!!!!!!!!! Pretty soon I will be writing glowing reports like the rest of you. Now, can anyone help me get thru the many months until December?? Ugh!

ok, I am booked and with insurance!!!!!!!!! Pretty soon I will be writing glowing reports like the rest of you. Now, can anyone help me get thru the many months until December?? Ugh!

Congrats Art!

Now the waiting begins:p

congratulations --- I hate to tell you this, but the anticipation and excitement gets even stronger . . . the last two weeks are a killer, especially if the weather is bad . . . have fun and we'll anticipate your glowing report.

FT

• 1 year later...

Are the water toys an extra cost, or just part of the experience? Looking into making the move from the typical line to SD. Sounds perfect for us. Age 62 - married 41 years. Just came off NCL Diamond Suite - spent most of the time in the suite/on balcony. Will I miss the balcony on SD??

Thanks Ken S

Are the water toys an extra cost, or just part of the experience? Looking into making the move from the typical line to SD. Sounds perfect for us. Age 62 - married 41 years. Just came off NCL Diamond Suite - spent most of the time in the suite/on balcony. Will I miss the balcony on SD??

Thanks Ken S

No charge for water toys!.

Will you miss the balcony? Most people don't miss them. There is a lot fo open deck space on SD. You can always find a quiet corner to sit out and do nothing except be pampered. Do keep in mind that the cabins are cabins and not suites so be prepared. Most people spend most time out of the cabin and very little inside except to sleep and dress.

I'm glad someone posted to this thread. Maybe some of the SD experts can share some tips and secrets to a great cruise. I read somewhere the chocolate martini is not to be missed :). What else should we be on the lookout or ask for?

I'm glad someone posted to this thread. Maybe some of the SD experts can share some tips and secrets to a great cruise. I read somewhere the chocolate martini is not to be missed :). What else should we be on the lookout or ask for?

Yes! Yes!! We're leaving in only 3 1/2 weeks for our first SD adventure, and would love all tips. I've cruised many lines, but one of the most useful threads I've read on CC is on that X brand (Celebrity) titled, "Celebrity secrets they don't tell you about."

So, what say, SD veterans? Can you tell reveal the secrets you've discovered? ;)

PS Specifically, can you tell me if Glenlivet is included without a surcharge? If not, my husband is going to be annoyed, me thinks.

Archived