All things "Victory"

richbum

.. is there on one of the islands : St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Kitts

- a time difference between the ship and these islands that I should consider in planning our trips ?

No time difference between Ship Time and Island Time -not for Victory.

Victory's home base is SJ,PR

which is on the same time as all the Lesser Antilles islands it runs up and down.

I love this thread - I was just wondering how the 1st night works? As far as dinner - if we are doing the muster around 9 like I have read, how does that work with denner times? Also I know I asked this before, but I cant find it now - what time do we have to be back on the ship after we get back off the ship in San Juan? DId that make sense??? LOL

Thanks All!!!

7 days to go for me. You could say I am "on deck." :D

The ports of call section is indeed filled with invaluable info. I am not sure what interests you, but based upon what I have read these are popular tours and ones I have actually done:

St. Lucia- Cosol's Tour

Barbados- Silver Moon Catamaran snorkle with the turtles (there are a few companies that do this tour

St. Thomas-Airforce 1 (Papa Bear)- island tour and Coki Beach (you actually get your choice of beach)

Antigua- Eli's Circumnav Tour (they also have an Eco Tour which is popular)

Dominica- Bumping Tour

All of these you will find in the ports of call section and if you do a google or yahoo search, you should find their actually websites.

Happy Cruising

I will definitely second the recommendations for both Cosol's tour on St. Lucia and Papa Bear's tour on St. Thomas. On Dominica we actually did the river tubing, which was awesome! Happy planning! :D

I love this thread - I was just wondering how the 1st night works? As far as dinner - if we are doing the muster around 9 like I have read, how does that work with denner times? Also I know I asked this before, but I cant find it now - what time do we have to be back on the ship after we get back off the ship in San Juan? DId that make sense??? LOL

Thanks All!!!

Dinner is open seating in the dinning room for the first night.

aplmac, have I thanked you for your gorgeous pictures lately? It is definitely adding to my anticipation of sailing the Victory again soon! Last trip on her was to Canada, and I loved it, but this is going to be absolutely amazing :)

One question for those who have cruised this itinerary, were you able to put together a Meet & Greet that actually worked for people? We are having trouble deciding on a time and place since there is almost zero free time, but several in our roll call would like to give it a try.

Edited by dznymom

One question for those who have cruised this itinerary, were you able to put together a Meet & Greet that actually worked for people? We are having trouble deciding on a time and place since there is almost zero free time, but several in our roll call would like to give it a try.

We will be cruising on this itinerary July 5. We have a Meet & Greet planned after sail away from St. Kitts--4:30-5:30 pm. in the Irish Piano Bar.

Could be true. Our cabin was an aft cabin and we had the aft dining room, but what about when people traveling together have cabins both forward and aft and still want to sit together at dinner??? :p

Yea, I have to be the difficult one. :D

I've honestly never seen a strong correlation between where the cabin is located and which dining room you get.

I've never had a cabin further aft than midship but have been assigned to the aft dining room most often. I think I've only ever had the midship dining room twice (last two cruises - Fascination and Victory).

As for the Meet & Greet question from dznymom, ours was planned for sailaway from San Juan. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well and didn't go. One of our most active Roll Call members called those of us she could find and offered to do a sailaway on their aft wrap balcony later in the week, but then postponed it because she had picked the 2nd formal night. We ended up not going just because there is so little time between returning from excursions, getting something to eat, getting a little rest, and then you need to get ready for dinner!

It really isn't a very good itinerary for much of anything other than seeing the beautiful ports. But that's why I chose it!

We will be cruising on this itinerary July 5. We have a Meet & Greet planned after sail away from St. Kitts--4:30-5:30 pm. in the Irish Piano Bar.

Oh wow, I hate to wait until the last night, but that is the only day that ends at 4:00.... As NCTribeFan says, this cruise is all about the ports. I just find that the M&G adds to my enjoyment of my cruises. I have an AFT wrap, so maybe I will try to set up a time and see if anyone shows up! That way I can sit and sip while I wait and wonder :p

dz63, thanks for the suggestion and I will be watching for your review!

Oh wow, I hate to wait until the last night, but that is the only day that ends at 4:00.... As NCTribeFan says, this cruise is all about the ports. I just find that the M&G adds to my enjoyment of my cruises. I have an AFT wrap, so maybe I will try to set up a time and see if anyone shows up! That way I can sit and sip while I wait and wonder :p

I understand that after the muster drill there is sail away party on the Lido Deck (midship) until 1:30 am. The sail away party includes dancing and live music from Tequla Shot.

This could be a possible meeting spot for a "meet and greet" that is right at the beginning of the cruise.

Last time we sailed on CArnival on the conquest we were able to have our balcony doors opened while in port. Does the Victory allow this also?

As long as they are not cleaning the outside balcony deck and you are in your cabin, it is not recommended if you won't be in your cabin.

aplmac,

do you use any filters for your daylight shots at sea?

I have ordinary UV filters on my lenses

(except for the fisheye which can't accept a front-mounted filter)

-these UV's more for protection against salt spray, fingerprints etc.

but they do also have some small effect reducing haze and other minor atmospheric effects

As long as they are not cleaning the outside balcony deck and you are in your cabin, it is not recommended if you won't be in your cabin.

Thanks! We like to have this while in port, during sail away and in the morning for coffee on our balcony. Im glad they are able to do this for us again.

We had our M&G right after sail away...up on the lido deck portside.

Don't know if you have ever had a aft wrap before...you are going to love it. We had 6461...it was awesome.

Thanks to everyone for their posts and the PHOTOGRAPHS! I spend my lunch reading these boards (this thread in particular). Our cruise is not until December 13th, over a 170 days to go, but this thread helps me daydream and plan a great vacation.

All your input, especially about tours, is appreciated. The cruises we have been on, we usually booked through the ship or just wandered around by ourselves. I have copious notes on the different islands.

Thank you to all!!

Joy

"got out of town on a boat to the southern islands....." my ringtone

(Southern Cross)

We are leaving in 29 days on the Victory - :D I am looking at excursions at each port - or at least "don't miss" spots for each. Does anyone have any recommendations??

We are leaving on the Victory in two weeks!

deg--did you plan all of your excursions yet?

Do you want any more ideas?

This is what we have booked for our upcoming Carnival Victory cruise.

St. Thomas--Sightseeing and Beach with Airforce 1 Papa Bear

Dominica--Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours

Barbados--Harrisons Cave, Sightseeing and Accra Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours

St. Lucia--West Coast Delight Island Tour and Jalousie Beach with Spencer Ambrose

Antigua-Best of Paradise Island Tour with Gordan

St. Kitts--Zipline Safari with St. Kitts Tour Store

Edited by dz63

Joy

"got out of town on a boat to the southern islands....." my ringtone

(Southern Cross)

Joy, your ringtone is the name of our CC Group Cruise, as you can see in my signature. :) Where did you get your ringtone?

Judy!

I love your signature! I was driving home one day and had Jimmy Buffet playing. The song came on just about the time I was thinking about our trip. thought that was a good omen. I have been humming that song for days now...driving all crazy!

I make the ringtones myself. Upload the song to a "make your own ringtone" site. I use makeownringtone.com or myxer.com On the makeown site, you upload a song, set the markers where you want your ring tone. Mess around with filters, follow instructions and bingo bango bongo....ringtone. It is easy. I have never had a virus or problems with phone. I use it all the time....daughter's ringtone is a St. Louis Cardinal baseball song, brother's is St. Louis Blues Hockey song...etc

Any open cabins in April?? Maybe I can convince husband to go again in April! : )

Joy

Joy,

That is our group banner, just book that cruise and you can have one too! :) Here is a link (I hope) to our group thread, Paulie has a link in his signature with pricing info, we DO have cabins left, and the more the merrier! Drop by and say hello, and I hope you can convince him to join us on this cruise, as Paulie says in the intro, we are laid back and welcome anyone! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=884876