How many FCCs should I buy?

Infi

I'll be sailing on the Star next month and am planning on buying FCC(s?) while aboard. I always sail with my teenage daughter and I'm obviously the one who does the booking for us. So, if I am planning on using a FCC towards one cruise, should I buy one FCC for the both of us, or two, one for each of us? Does it even matter? I know this may seem like a silly question, but I'm just really not sure of how they work and if you need one per person or not. I always read about folks on here buying at least two FCCs, if not more, so I'm wondering if I am missing something. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You can buy as many as you want to use for future cruises. So if you plan to take 4 cruises,in the next 4 years buy 4.

You have the option to buy for yourself or your cabinmate may also put down the FCC($100.00 each) If only you put down $100. then when you actually book the cruise your cabinmate only has to put down $100.00 as a deposit. I always put the $100. down for myself and don't book a cruise at that time. When it comes time for me to book the actual cruise and I see who my cabinmate is, they then only pay $100. until final payment is due. It is a win, win situation. If you decide not to cruise with Princess, your $100. is refundable and you also have 4 yrs. to use the FCC. Happy cruising.:)

I'll be sailing on the Star next month and am planning on buying FCC(s?) while aboard. I always sail with my teenage daughter and I'm obviously the one who does the booking for us. So, if I am planning on using a FCC towards one cruise, should I buy one FCC for the both of us, or two, one for each of us? Does it even matter? I know this may seem like a silly question, but I'm just really not sure of how they work and if you need one per person or not. I always read about folks on here buying at least two FCCs, if not more, so I'm wondering if I am missing something. Thanks in advance for any advice.

It will take ONE FCC for booking the first two passengers in the stateroom (plus $100 deposit for the second person). So, if you and your daughter plan to take another cruise, you will only need to purchase one for each cruise you have planned. And even with using only one, both of you will still get the shipboard credit, just as if you used to FCC's. Enjoy!

Yes, it just takes care of the deposit. $100 is about the lowest deposit I have ever heard of, so you are putting down the minimum rather than tying up a larger amount of your money. The deposit is refundable. The credit is good for 4 years and you get an onboard credit based upon the lengrh of cruise.

and to expand on toto's post, depending on what room category you book and on how long the cruise is, the on board credit is for a minimum $25 to (oh i don't remember! i think its) $150. that's free money!

Thanks so much for your replies, everyone. I understand the FCCs much better now. One last question - is the OBC given per person or per cabin? Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your replies, everyone. I understand the FCCs much better now. One last question - is the OBC given per person or per cabin? Thanks again!

Per person, for the first two passengers in a stateroom.

OK, so I have a follow up question. Unless your planning on booking multiple cabins on the same cruise, why would you buy more than one FCC?

One FCC gives you the lowest down payment on a cabin possible; $100 now plus $100 when your book. If you planned on 4 cruises in the next 4 years, wouldn't you just by a FCC on your first crusie for second, then buy a FCC for your third cruise while on the second one?

Why buy so many at a time? $100 get's you all the advantages there is to be had, It just ties up money unneccessarily....right?

Thanks to the OP and responders, I was a little unclear on this process also.

As a Brit can I ask what an FCC is?

Jane

FCC stands for Future Cruise Credit, and it works slightly different for us Brit's (in a good way). It basically entitles you to a lower deposit on your next cruise (£75 pp for UK, $100 pp for US) plus depending what cabin and length of cruise you book with it you get varying amounts of OBC pp in the cabin. Good part for the Brits is that we don't have to stump up the £75 pp in advance, unlike the Yanks who have to shell out $100 for everyone they purchase. We just get a letter stating that we are entitled to a lower deposit of £75 pp for the next cruise you book, it is also valid for 4 years.

You can get them from the FCC Consultant on board ship.

OK, so I have a follow up question. Unless your planning on booking multiple cabins on the same cruise, why would you buy more than one FCC?

One FCC gives you the lowest down payment on a cabin possible; $100 now plus $100 when your book. If you planned on 4 cruises in the next 4 years, wouldn't you just by a FCC on your first crusie for second, then buy a FCC for your third cruise while on the second one?

Why buy so many at a time? $100 get's you all the advantages there is to be had, It just ties up money unneccessarily....right?

Thanks to the OP and responders, I was a little unclear on this process also.

If you book your cruises early, you might run out of FCCs when you are ready to book another cruise. We usually try to book new ones on every cruise so we have an extra set. Though we could use just one per cruise, if we remind our travel agent.

If you book your cruises early, you might run out of FCCs when you are ready to book another cruise. We usually try to book new ones on every cruise so we have an extra set. Though we could use just one per cruise, if we remind our travel agent.

Yep. I just, at pretty much a moment's notice, used an FCC to book an obstructed outside on a bargain 7-day on the Crown Princess and got nearly 10% of the fare back in OBCs. But I decided to use only one of our two FCCs, figuring that the cruise is in December, and that leaves one to spare, just in case something else irresistible shows up before then. Sure, I plunked an extra 100 down, but that would, in the bank, be earning all of one dollar between now and then. Big deal.

Can anybody tell me what the OBC is for a 14 day full suite is. My TA said they will match it. Plus she will buy a few bottles of wine. I just want to keep her honest.

A 14 night is $100 per person. Unfortunately, it only goes up from inside to outside not taking into account balconies or suites.

Can anybody tell me what the OBC is for a 14 day full suite is. My TA said they will match it. Plus she will buy a few bottles of wine. I just want to keep her honest.

Off the top of my head, I think they max out at $150 pp, but I guess that's for more than 14 days. You might call Princess directly, but when I did this morning to find out about my booking, the guy there seemed evasive about OBCs. "Depends on the terms of the particular FCC you bought..." Surprised me.

Off the top of my head, I think they max out at $150 pp, but I guess that's for more than 14 days. You might call Princess directly, but when I did this morning to find out about my booking, the guy there seemed evasive about OBCs. "Depends on the terms of the particular FCC you bought..." Surprised me.

It does max out at 16 nights-that's when you get $150 for an outside.

Archived