What kind of sushi on Summit?

dhmjdds

I am sure this has been covered somewhere before, but searching on "sushi" and "summit" gave me scads of stuff that doesn't apply. My question is about the sushi that is available in the evenings on Summit. We are taking our first Celebrity cruise this summer and I keep reading references to sushi.

We LOVE sushi, so this will be a great perk. Is it "real" sushi or just California rolls and cooked shrimp and stuff like that?

Thanks for any info.

Diane

we recently sailed the Solstice and their sushi offering in the evening featured two nigiri styles of sushi and two rolls each evening, with the offering changing each evening.

It depends on the ship. On the Connie a month ago they had eel every night, but it was always cold (should be heated on top of rice). They generally had a choice of three rolls and a couple of choices of regular sushi...tuna, yellowtail (once), smoked salmon.

I love sushi but the problem for me was the rice which varied a great deal..from mushy to chewy and not flavored with anything.

However, I did eat a sushi "appetizer" five of our nights and overall it was good enough for me to come back. The miso soup is very good and you add your own miso, seaweed and scallions.

The first time I tried sushi was on a Celebrity ship...and it's one of our favorite parts about Celebrity now! We always have late seating, so as soon as the sushi bar opens....off we go....and enjoy it on our balcony! Picture shown in this post is very representative of what you'll see....SO great - and a treat for us! Try it, if you've never had sushi....best way to try new things is "free" on a cruise! ;)

Diane -

The sushi was "real" and great. I even put spinach in the miso soup. After seeing that picture, I could go for some sushi right now. You wll enjoy the sushi which was every night I believe 5-6 p.m. I remember having spring rolls on the Constellation's stir fry station on my last cruise. I don't remember having the spring rolls with the sushi.

Diane -

The sushi was "real" and great. I even put spinach in the miso soup. After seeing that picture, I could go for some sushi right now. You wll enjoy the sushi which was every night I believe 5-6 p.m. I remember having spring rolls on the Constellation's stir fry station on my last cruise. I don't remember having the spring rolls with the sushi.

Hi Marlene, the sushi area is actually open from 5 to 8 or 9:D;):)

way more than 1 hour!

Do they have it set up at the aft area of the buffet--just before the outdoor bar area? On century it was nicely "decorated" for the sushi hr & had tablemats etc for enjoying the sushi break!

Archived