Ultimate Packing List for the Newbies....

Janet Foster

I learned on my first cruise these are a must for me. Being on vacation I do not follow a diet or workout routine. Needless to say, with all to great food around all of my cute new cruise clothes were uncomfortable by the last day of the cruise. :D

Question: how big are the RCL sea passes as well as the cards they give you for onboard charges?

I am asking because the lanyards we bought are big enough to handle a card that's modestly larger than a credit card.

Question: how big are the RCL sea passes as well as the cards they give you for onboard charges?

I am asking because the lanyards we bought are big enough to handle a card that's modestly larger than a credit card.

They give you one card for both, the sea pass is your charge pass. It's the same size as a credit card.

I would qualify as a lighter packer - but here are items that I brought , and was glad to have.

Fold up hamper - great in room and handy for a trip to the laundry.

Pencil box/pouch filled with our misc supplies such as OTC medicine, highlighter, pen, a couple shout wipes, safety pins, needle and thread, zip ties etc. This way all this wasn't scattered around the room or suitcase and if someone needed something, it was "in the kit."

Small soft-sided cooler for port days.

Larger plastic souvenier type cup for drinks in the room and walking around.

Small clock tho we could have used our phone

I lost my prized ballcap to a wind gust. My son left his sunglasses who knows where. No high price sunglasses on our next cruise.

We brought our own soda on board, 12 pack each which was a significant cost savings. Not big drinkers but we did bring champagne on board as well.

Need sneakers, one pair sandals, and one pair dress shoes. If you like to mix it up, bring more, but this is enough. I did one dress with diff accessories, the rest casual. Two swim suits each. one to wear while the other is drying - but you could take advantage of the dryers aboard for this too.

There is no right or wrong way to pack, bring what you want, relax, and have fun.

whew...this is a long thread so I apologize if someone else already mentione this....but if we have a balconly room we have learned to bring windex wipes to clean off the glass. They always need a good cleaning so you have a better view through it when sitting down. There is always dryed ocean spray.

• 2 months later...

another thing you really shouldn't forget is your allergy medication and a marker so that as you use up a memory card you can mark what card number it is if you aren't downloading your photos onto your computer every night...

We always take a thing with lots of pockets that can hang on a door. All things such as camera, tablets etc can all fit in their own see-through pocket; keeps them in one place and leaves work top space clear

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One thing that I do as soon as I book my cruise is get a bag set aside that I can toss small things into that I may need. When I find something that I want to take that I am not using at the time it goes in the bag. Sometimes I find neat things that would be perfect to take along...well, it goes in the bag :D You get the point...lol When it is time to pack I just sort everything out, keeps me from having to "find" things and makes packing easier:D

In regards to the "Cruise Go Bag" posted above me, I love that idea because I've booked a year in advance and even just having a place where I put things that I ONLY use on the cruise just keeps me excited every time I see it.

I overpacked on our first cruise, but I don't regret it. Things that I think are MUST haves...I'm a tech geek, so a powerstrip for overnight charging. Extra memory cards so that you can just pop in a new card each day and not worry about having to dump the cards on a laptop each night.

The over the door shoe organizer thing....loved it!

A white board or something to write notes if you will not always be together throughout the day. Great way to ensure you meet up at a certain time or place with your spouse, kids or other family members.

I started to keep going, but I know that just about everything imaginable has already been mentioned in this thread, so......enjoy your cruise!!!!

My ice chest has rolling wheels and I actually take it on the plane with me as my carryon and pack all kinds of things in it. So it works for us.

We also fly SWA most of the time, they don't have a fee for luggage and I know they don't go into Atlanta so you do have that luggage fee to pay... I hate it..

I do the same thing with my rolling cooler, starts out as a carry on then works as a cooler or a beach bag with nice netted pockets on the side...pretty baby blue hibiscus...where is the shame in that?

• 2 weeks later...

We are still 52 days away from sailing on our first cruise, but half the fun for me is the packing, which I tend to start thinking about several weeks ahead of time, with many dry run packings before the final one. Here is the list I have compiled thus far. Keeping in mind, my dh and I hate lugging bags around when traveling and prefer to do Carry on only. I'm sure the list will get tweaked a bit before we leave.

Packing List – 2014 Western Caribbean 7 day Cruise

ME:

Wear on Plane: Yoga pants, t-shirt, Lightweight cardigan, tennis shoes

Packed Carryon:

3 mix and match swim tops, 2 black swim bottoms

1 cover up

Water shoes/sandals

3 bras

3 t-shirts

3-4 tank tops

3 pr. Shorts

3 pr. Socks

7 pr. Underwear

1 long black skirt

1 long black dress

1 short black dress

1 pr. Dress sandals

1 shawl

1 strapless bra

1-3 pr. Necklace/earring/bracelet sets

Toiletry Bag (fits in carryon):

Shampoo & Conditioner

Razor & Shave Gel

Makeup-foundation, powder, eyeliner, eye shadow

Deoderant

Toothpaste & Brush

Hair Pick

Personal supplies

Hair ties

Tylenol, motion meds

Kyss Bag: (Personal Bag)

Money

Passport & Driver’s License

DH’s Passport

Credit Card

Sunglasses

Camera, Case, charger, xtra cards

Itinerary folder

Hand sanitizer

Ear planes

Snacks/h20

Small journal/pens

Nook/suduko?

Other Suggested Items (Distributed in both carryons):

Walkie talkies

Sticky notes

3m hooks

Handi wipes (for shore excursions)

3 outlet plug

DH:

Wear on Plane: Jeans, t-shirt, light jacket, tennis shoes Wallet w/I.D. & Money

Packed Carryon:

2 pr. Swim trunks

Sandals

7 shirts (5 dry fit nice polo-2 t-shirts)

3 pr. Shorts

4 pr. Socks

7 pr. Underwear

1 pr. Black dress slacks

1 dress shirt & tie

1 pr. Dress socks

1 pr. Dress shoes

Toiletry bag (fits in carryon):

Shampoo

Deoderant

Shaver

Toothpaste & Brush

Ear Drying aid

Sunblock

Aloe Vera

Clippers, nail file, bandaids, triple anti-biotic cream

I hope you don't mind me adding a few suggestions that are very small to your list. We also do carry on only even when going on a 10 day or longer cruise. I take ear plugs for sleeping just in case we have selected a noisy cabin area. One cruise, we had the cleaning lady waking us up at 7:00 am daily with her loud voice. I also take lysol wipes in a small sandwich ziplock bag to disinfect the room. One last thing. we take older suits for the hot tub and ocean. We have been on cruises where the chemicals in the hot tubs have bleached out our suits.

Gr8 list, having trouble accessing fingerhut.com can anyone post a pic of this shoe organizer so I can see what I am looking for in our country much appreciated

Try a camping shop these are normally sold as tent tidies in the UK light and versatile

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

One thing I like to bring is a powered USB hub that I disconnect from my PC before a cruise. You only need to plug one adapter into the ship so there is no need for a huge power strip. Mine provides 4 usb ports to charge My wife & my cell phone, Nook, and Cameras.

My latest bargain from the dollar store: a shallow foldable box. We put it on the desk or in a drawer. We put anything loose in there rather than on the vanity, night table, etc. We always knew where to find seapass card, watch, pen, etc. It is made of a fabric/paper type material so is very lightweight and folds all the way flat. We also take a pop-up hamper for dirty clothes, also from dollar store.

We are still 52 days away from sailing on our first cruise, but half the fun for me is the packing, which I tend to start thinking about several weeks ahead of time, with many dry run packings before the final one. Here is the list I have compiled thus far. Keeping in mind, my dh and I hate lugging bags around when traveling and prefer to do Carry on only. I'm sure the list will get tweaked a bit before we leave.

ME:

Wear on Plane: Yoga pants, t-shirt, Lightweight cardigan, tennis shoes

Packed Carryon:

3 mix and match swim tops, 2 black swim bottoms

1 cover up

Water shoes/sandals

3 bras

3 t-shirts

3-4 tank tops

3 pr. Shorts

3 pr. Socks

7 pr. Underwear

1 long black skirt

1 long black dress

1 short black dress

1 pr. Dress sandals

1 shawl

1 strapless bra

1-3 pr. Necklace/earring/bracelet sets

Toiletry Bag (fits in carryon):

Shampoo & Conditioner

Razor & Shave Gel

Makeup-foundation, powder, eyeliner, eye shadow

Deoderant

Toothpaste & Brush

Hair Pick

Personal supplies

Hair ties

Tylenol, motion meds

Kyss Bag: (Personal Bag)

Money

Passport & Driver’s License

DH’s Passport

Credit Card

Sunglasses

Camera, Case, charger, xtra cards

Itinerary folder

Hand sanitizer

Ear planes

Snacks/h20

Small journal/pens

Nook/suduko?

Other Suggested Items (Distributed in both carryons):

Walkie talkies

Sticky notes

3m hooks

Handi wipes (for shore excursions)

3 outlet plug

DH:

Wear on Plane: Jeans, t-shirt, light jacket, tennis shoes Wallet w/I.D. & Money

Packed Carryon:

2 pr. Swim trunks

Sandals

7 shirts (5 dry fit nice polo-2 t-shirts)

3 pr. Shorts

4 pr. Socks

7 pr. Underwear

1 pr. Black dress slacks

1 dress shirt & tie

1 pr. Dress socks

1 pr. Dress shoes

Toiletry bag (fits in carryon):

Shampoo

Deoderant

Shaver

Toothpaste & Brush

Ear Drying aid

Sunblock

Aloe Vera

Clippers, nail file, bandaids, triple anti-biotic cream

This is just the list I am looking for! I want to do my up coming trip with just a carry on. Have you done this before? How did it work for you guys?