Live from the Golden May 16 Alaska

vickie_bernie

Vickie,

Thanks for offering to answer questions we have!! I am on the Golden to Hawaii in November. I am very interested in what the new Crown Grill looks like. And I curious if they have started the Elite/Suite reception on the Golden.

Thanks again and have a wonderful cruise!! :D

DH and I will be on the Golden in Alaska in Sept. Could you find out what the charge will be for glacier viewing in the Sanctuary? And also what is included in the price? I've read a Princess press release that they will be having glacier viewing in the Sanctuary where they will provide blankets, ear muffs and binoculars, and would be serving rockfish chowder, mimosas, and bloody marys. They will also have naturalists there to explain the sights and answer questions. It sound like the place to be while cruising Tracy Arm. Thanks in advance.

Viki,

We sail on the 5-30-09 and this is my second cruise to Alaska. What I am really interested in is the Golden's updates. We cruised on the Ruby in January and What a ship. It was the first time I had ever sailed on a NEW ship where everything still had the "new ship" feel. The mattress was a dream, the sheets and comforter was crisp and cool and the towels had thickness to it that only new towels have. We have also sailed on the Golden's sister ship the Grand but has was 6 years ago but we really liked the size of the ship. It is big but it doesn't feel that way.

We chose the Golden because she was headed for a retro fit of many of the same upgrades that the Ruby has. Here is my question.. Let us know about the mattress and the TV (my DH's question.. on the Ruby there were flat panel).

I will be looking forward to your posting and have a wonderful cruise next week. Two weeks from tonight we will be in Seattle instead of Baltimore!!

Looking forward to sailing with you :D on the boards.

I'm interested in knowing if in the new Piazza or International Cafe (I think it's called) there are any sugar free desserts.

If you happen to notice, I'd love to know.

Thanks

I'm looking forward to following along with you -- especially since I'm a warm weather cruiser, too -- just can't imagine going on a cruise to look at ice (unless it's in a gin & tonic!), so will be eager to hear your take on cruising to Alaska. I'm also eager to hear about the new enhancements to the Golden. Thanks for taking us with you!

You took the words right out of my mouth or shall I say my fingers. We have friends who have been trying to convince us on talking an Alaska cruise with them, but I'm just not sold yet. I love my warm weather, beautiful shades of blue water, lovely island scenery, sunny days and whatever else you get to enjoy fron a Caribbean Cruise.

Vickie,

I am looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts. We will be on Golden again in a couple of weeks. We were on her two years ago around Cape Horn. I'll bet she must seem like a new ship.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Fran

Hi Vickie- DH and I were on the Golden (east coast) in October 2003. This was our first time on Princess and are excited about our July Alaska trip on her with friends! I was excited that she was going in to drydock for great improvements. I am looking forward to your "reports" about Vines, The Sanctuary, etc. Happy Sailing! Nini

Hi,

i have a cruise planned on the Golden Princess. Are you able to find out if cabin 408 on the Emerald Deck has a real poor view. The deck plan looks like the view is not that obstructed.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Vickie

When I read the title I thought "Wait, isn't it still the 14th?"

Anyways, it'll be fun to follow along with you. We also have never even thought twice about Alaska, but then we've got huge airfares to get to your side of the world.

Say hi to Bernie and have a great time! (I know you will because you make all of your trips great)

Well, fancy finding you here!! Our aifares are 'hugher' than yours from wherever in the US to either Seattle or Vancouver $700 each!!

HOWEVER, it is so, so worth it for Gwenda and I..................

Colin

PS - 20 days now and counting!!

We are now onboard.

I have to say that the pier was nothing like last week. IT was a breeze, there were no large queues anywhere and it took about 30 min to get on board. We arrived at the port at 11:30.

Our cabin is great, very large and the view is wonderful, nothing obstructing it at all.

Ship looks beautiful; however there is no access to the Princess theatre via the 6th floor - construction still happening.

Had lunch at HC yummy and met up with some friends from the roll call.

We are now onboard.

I have to say that the pier was nothing like last week. IT was a breeze, there were no large queues anywhere and it took about 30 min to get on board. We arrived at the port at 11:30.

Our cabin is great, very large and the view is wonderful, nothing obstructing it at all.

Ship looks beautiful; however there is no access to the Princess theatre via the 6th floor - construction still happening.

Bon Voyage!!!

We are now onboard.

Drat! I guess the Window Suites are still under construction...

Oh, well... I guess they'll still be VERY new for our Sept. sailing.

Thanks for trying...

B

We are now onboard.

Vickie, That is great news about the pier! I am watching the web cam now, It looks like you haven't left yet. Bon Voyage have a fantastic time!:D

Hey Viki! Enjoy your cruise! We are sailing on the Golden on Aug 22 and are very excited about her recent refurb. I would love to hear what, if any, thing has been done to the cabins and common areas on the cabin decks. (We will be on the Caribe) Also, if you get a chance to dine in the new Crown Grill how you like it. Have fun this week.

I am glad embarkation today went well today. I wonder how disembarking was for the people on the May 9th cruise?

We just got off this morning. Disembarkation wasn't as well organized as it could have been. The staff was great but the bags were not well arranged and people were going around in circles several times trying to find bags. Also, the lines for the buses to the airport were very long---one Princess employee told me there weren't enough buses. We ended up taking a taxi.

Other than the embarkation problems, it was a FANTASTIC cruise.

We just got off this morning. Disembarkation wasn't as well organized as it could have been. The staff was great but the bags were not well arranged and people were going around in circles several times trying to find bags. Also, the lines for the buses to the airport were very long---one Princess employee told me there weren't enough buses. We ended up taking a taxi.

Other than the embarkation problems, it was a FANTASTIC cruise.

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you had a FANTASTIC cruise!

Archived