pacific dawn quarantined (Merger of all swine flu threads)

thied

I agree:p

:D:D:p:D

Little bit of info that was overlooked in the post on Ocean Dream....she is better known to us here in Australia as the PACIFIC STAR.....my fav little ship.....good to see it's the crew and pax with the problem not the ship...:D she was a comfy ship.........cheers shiona

Hi all, its great to be on a cruise again d912 ,20/06/09, and a new ship to us. Was late getting away Princess had provided some sandwiches, water, coffee etc for those waiting , boarded about 8pm, Captain announced that he expected to make time up and arrive on time. As it turned out we didn’t and were late . the seas are pretty good, the big tv is pretty cool but load, the pool is small, but a very nice ship , the food was great, Production show was "Tribute, Comedian Ugly Dave Gray at the same time. We had a good time even though some people were sea sick but we found the sea find, in all it was a good cruise for a sampler as they say but not a big difference to P&O just a newer ship. it was nice to try princess

• 3 weeks later...

on out last cruise 02/07/09 we didnt go to the isle of pines because people on the island,s we visit on the cruises are scared and i dont blam them as these ialands were free of any disease up to the 1700,s and we should respect there wishes and other peoples wishs and there respect for these flu that are about. om our flight to sydney we had a passenger that is a organ transplant person and was wearing a mask and people were horrable to her as in coffing over her as we saw them perpesly walking passed her and pertending to coff over her, why i can say this as we new her and she was the only person on the flight wearing a mask, and if you were lisening to 4bc today she was being interviewed ton on there .

I am konfused heer why when peeple tell you Thied that they dont want to heer all the things about the swine flu do you keep going and ignaw all of them:confused::confused:

I agree. I think we have all heard enough about swine flu. :):)

I am konfused :confused::confused:

You are not the only one confused.

Radio reports this morning have been running a story about 5 people in isolation on a cruise ship in Papeete, Tahiti. They reported it as the Pacific Dawn, which was on its way to Hawaii and then up to North America.

No wonder we dont know what is going on.:eek:

may be if people were a little more interest and take a little more care in helping to stop spreeding it around buy useing mask,s, then may be we can go on cruises with out getting sick and missing ports, from what i have read and posted the travel industry as and is looseing millions of $, due to swine flu and the economy down turn, just in the last three months air travel have droped 2.5% per month inthe last three months. and some many great prices from all the cruise lines world wide, from what i have read we are getting the cheepest prices we have ever had world wide, as i said in another thread about a friend of ours, that was flying to sydney with us for mecical treatment, was wearing a mask, so in all if people took more care . we may not have had such a big swine flu out brake. i have seen some really stupid thing done on planes and cruise ships like wearing of pigs noses and pigs heads, and they wonder why they get into trouble.

may be if people were a little more interest and take a little more care in helping to stop spreeding it around buy useing mask,s,

Now I'm confused. You suggest that people should use masks, however in another thread you mention being on a plane with a friend who was the only person wearing a mask. Presumably you weren't wearing one and yet you suggest that everyone else should.

You are not the only one confused.

Radio reports this morning have been running a story about 5 people in isolation on a cruise ship in Papeete, Tahiti. They reported it as the Pacific Dawn, which was on its way to Hawaii and then up to North America.

No wonder we dont know what is going on.:eek:

They probably meant the Dawn Princess. She is in French Polynesia on her world cruise.

Evon.

Now I'm confused. You suggest that people should use masks, however in another thread you mention being on a plane with a friend who was the only person wearing a mask. Presumably you weren't wearing one and yet you suggest that everyone else should.
yes i think if you have a cough and are traveling at leest on a plane you should wear a mask, and not make fun of people that do wear these masks ( not saying that you or anyone else here is making fun of it) and yes i did wear one on the plane.and its only my opinion, and every one has one so we will leave it there i think.

they may have got the the name of the ship wrong.

Five passengers on board the cruise ship Pacific Dawn are in isolation because of swine flu as the vessel is on a stop-over in the French Polynesian capital, Papeete.

this may happen to more islands, as isle of pines has stoped two cruise ships lately.

Swine flu fears have prompted one small island mayor to ban cruise ships from Australia, which has thousands of swine flu cases.

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=47767

I tink I have a problum with my conexion as sum of posts that were heer I cant see now. Does anyone have this problum also:confused: still all the swine flu posts here still

Hi,

Welcome to this board. I have read our posts but haven't welcomed you before. :):)

If the Moderator feels that a post breaches the guidlines of this forum he will remove it. I don't know which posts you are referring to, but some impolite posts are removed. We also can't discuss travel agents by name. :)

Evon.

Archived