Photos that take your breath away

I want to add the picture so that you can see it on the thread like yours, and not a mini thumbprint version.

You need to upload your photos to places like Cruise Critic Photo Gallery or to image sharing websites like imageshack, flickr, Picasa web etc... so they end up like the photos posted in this thread.

Hope this helps :)

Some great photos so far.

Just a couple of my favourites.

Mt Tavurvur - Rabaul - "Oriana" this year.

dscf0215n.jpg

Another great photo of Rabaul :)

PD at Isle of Pines

iop4he2.jpg

Where on the Isle of Pines did you do that photo?, that’s such a great photo :D

Since she's all white, no it wasn't in 2007 - it was in 2008 after she'd been repainted. In fact it was Saturday 29th November 2008 to be exact.... Leaving Brisbane on the 21 night cruise to the southern states and New Zealand.

The storm clouds in the background followed her all the way down the river and out to sea. About 5 mins after I took that photo we got caught in the storm!

sorry about that was only asking because in 2007 and wrong ship we were on the pacific star at this time of the year in 2007 leaving brisbane. all good great pic any way must be like that every year at that time

Navigating the Havannah-Boularis Passage just after sunrise - PD 2007

dscf0185ag.jpg

AMAZING PHOTOS!!!

The scenery looks fantastic in this photo!!

I don't know much about cameras etc, but if you don't mind me asking, what sort of camera do you use? Is this taken with a normal digital camera or a more high tech one? Do you know how many mega pixels?

Sorry for all the questions...your photo looks amazing, hope to be able to take some like yours!!

You need to upload your photos to places like Cruise Critic Photo Gallery or to image sharing websites like imageshack, flickr, Picasa web etc... so they end up like the photos posted in this thread.

Thanks for the help!

I have uploaded my photos onto Cruise Critic Photo Gallery.

Would you mind telling me what I need to do next?

Sorry for the trouble...can't seem to work it out!!

Thanks for the help :)

Great shots Decco, can you see me ;), I was on the Millenium on that cruise:)

Jillybean:)

Were you really? In the bigger image there are people standing on the decks, and on their balcony as we passed, and they are quite clearly visible. If you like I could email you the original and you might be able to find yourself there. :)

Just a couple of my favourites.

Mt Tavurvur - Rabaul - "Oriana" this year.

dscf0215n.jpg

PD at Isle of Pines

iop4he2.jpg

About to dock at Pt Kelang, Malaysia - Pacific Sky 2006

skybridgept4.jpg

Navigating the Havannah-Boularis Passage just after sunrise - PD 2007

dscf0185ag.jpg

Dennis, what wonderful photos. The one of the Havana Boularis passage is stunning. We've cruised there it's beautiful, so tranquil.

Thanks for the help!

I have uploaded my photos onto Cruise Critic Photo Gallery.

Would you mind telling me what I need to do next?

At the bottom of each of the photos they is a box called "Direct link:" right click on that link, then click on copy,

Go back to this thread and click on reply & then in the message box where you normally write your post click on this icon:

how_to_link_to_a_image_picture_icon.gif

A box will pop up & then in that box right click & go paste (Make sure you don’t have two “http://” in the link url)

Click on “OK” that will put in the image code so your image will show up.

At the bottom of each of the photos they is a box called "Direct link:" right click on that link, then click on copy,

Go back to this thread and click on reply & then in the message box where you normally write your post click on this icon:

how_to_link_to_a_image_picture_icon.gif

A box will pop up & then in that box right click & go paste (Make sure you don’t have two “http://” in the link url)

Click on “OK” that will put in the image code so your image will show up.

Thank you very much for your help!!! :)

Where on the Isle of Pines did you do that photo?, that’s such a great photo :D

G'day KK,

I took a wander along the road and just kept looking back.

Eventually I got the alignment and scene I was after.

Roughly in the area shown within the red lines on the pic below.

iop3ay.jpg

AMAZING PHOTOS!!!

The scenery looks fantastic in this photo!!

I don't know much about cameras etc, but if you don't mind me asking, what sort of camera do you use? Is this taken with a normal digital camera or a more high tech one? Do you know how many mega pixels?

Sorry for all the questions...your photo looks amazing, hope to be able to take some like yours!!

No, its not an over the top DSLR [i've resisted one of them - so far. :p]

Its one of several Fuji Fine Pix "S" series of cameras I have owned over the years.

This one was an S5800 I think.

The Fuji S series is generally regarded by many photographers as the best digital camera around without going to a DSLR

You can get one for less than $500 [even less if you buy it a month before you leave and get the GST back through the TRS scheme].

There is a bit of "post production" in all of my photos - I use Adobe Photoshop.

Digital photography is great in that it lets you set the camera to "auto" if you are feeling lazy, then adjust your brightness, contrast and a few other things at leisure when you get home.

In the bad old days of film you had to think it through there and then on the spot.

If you didn't get it right you had to spend time slopping round with acid and stuff in the darkroom. :mad:

Now, if you're stuck outside in the heat or cold of the day, just take the photo and adjust it back home.;)

And you don't have to go to the expense of buying Adobe Photoshop - there are several good freebies around that you can learn on.

Give this one a try I use it regularly if I want to make a quick correction

http://www.irfanview.com/

Just select a photo from your hard disk - open it in Irfanview and fiddle around with it.

You'll be surprised at the fun you'll have experimenting - and the good results you'll get after a while.

Hope this helps.:)

No, its not an over the top DSLR [i've resisted one of them - so far. :p]

Its one of several Fuji Fine Pix "S" series of cameras I have owned over the years.

This one was an S5800 I think.

The Fuji S series is generally regarded by many photographers as the best digital camera around without going to a DSLR

You can get one for less than $500 [even less if you buy it a month before you leave and get the GST back through the TRS scheme].

There is a bit of "post production" in all of my photos - I use Adobe Photoshop.

Digital photography is great in that it lets you set the camera to "auto" if you are feeling lazy, then adjust your brightness, contrast and a few other things at leisure when you get home.

In the bad old days of film you had to think it through there and then on the spot.

If you didn't get it right you had to spend time slopping round with acid and stuff in the darkroom. :mad:

Now, if you're stuck outside in the heat or cold of the day, just take the photo and adjust it back home.;)

And you don't have to go to the expense of buying Adobe Photoshop - there are several good freebies around that you can learn on.

Give this one a try I use it regularly if I want to make a quick correction

http://www.irfanview.com/

Just select a photo from your hard disk - open it in Irfanview and fiddle around with it.

You'll be surprised at the fun you'll have experimenting - and the good results you'll get after a while.

Hope this helps.:)

Thank you Dennis for your advice!

Will have a look into the software.

I have a Pentax 8 megapixel camera...the main thing that I love is that is waterproof so perfect for cruising.

Thank you for your help, would love to see more of your photos if you post any.

Happy Cruising!! :)

Thanks Dennis for posting the info about your photos, they are fantastic. I use a professional model DSLR and dont get results like that.:rolleyes:

I have Adobe, but you almost need a uni degree to be able to use it, I am going to have a look at the program you suggested. Might be able to work that one out. ;)

Bora%20Bora%20Cruises.jpg

2784-1.jpg

Thied - Brilliant photo, sure makes me want to be there.

My photo is not great but don't you just love that feeling you get when you glimpse your first sight of the ship after you check in, that takes your breath away

AKRyndamVanc.jpg

Archived