All Things Galveston Island, Texas!

Texas Teen

I have a very good friend that is from Palacios...actually two friends. Both of their families own shrimping businesses. Lots of good shrimp down there. It is pretty right there on the bay, but not a whole lot going on if you want a busy life! We were on a retreat at "Palacios by the Sea!" We have been going there for years.

I have a very good friend that is from Palacios...actually two friends. Both of their families own shrimping businesses. Lots of good shrimp down there. It is pretty right there on the bay, but not a whole lot going on if you want a busy life! We were on a retreat at "Palacios by the Sea!" We have been going there for years.

Thanks for response.

Glad to hear someone else enjoys and appreciates the area like I do.

I probably do not know the shrimpers. I spent most of my time out in countryside on Caranachua Bay. I live in Galveston with Houston at my back door for the busy life. I did live down there for a few years though and enjoyed the piece and quite. By the Sea is a nice place.:)

I love the Palacios area too. Unfortunately, we have the houses rented so now we have to stay in a hotel.

The place by the sea is beautiful. Did someone new buy it? I thought for some reason it sold lately. One of our houses is the red tile with yellow brick on the corner of 8th street. it is a great historical home. The other is also historical and is by the funeral home on the end of the boardwalk.

We always stayed in the one on 8th. Nothing was better than sitting on the porch watching the boats come and go. It is beautiful there.

The area is great because we would do day trips to Galveston and Port

Arkansas.

I love the Palacios area too. Unfortunately, we have the houses rented so now we have to stay in a hotel.

The place by the sea is beautiful. Did someone new buy it? I thought for some reason it sold lately. One of our houses is the red tile with yellow brick on the corner of 8th street. it is a great historical home. The other is also historical and is by the funeral home on the end of the boardwalk.

We always stayed in the one on 8th. Nothing was better than sitting on the porch watching the boats come and go. It is beautiful there.

The area is great because we would do day trips to Galveston and Port

Arkansas.

I don't think it's been sold...I believe the same group owns the retreat center. It is very relaxing being right there on the water, however, it was windy and cold when we were there so not much hanging out by the bay!

RCCL itineraries for 2011 season will be announced as below:

>

> Northeast – Bermuda, Caribbean, Canada & New England - 3/8/2010

Been looking for the itineraries for 2011, but can't find them on the web or RCL's website. Have you found them yet? Another thread said 10 out of 22 RCL ships will be in Europe over the summer of 2011.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if they allow small campfires on any of the beaches at Galveston?

Here is a link to the City of Galveston's beach brochure...it has a ton of information regarding Galveston beaches. It also states that camping and campfires are prohibited on all Galveston Beaches.

http://www.cityofgalveston.org/pdf/finalbrochureoutside.pdf

from another thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfganghowell viewpost.gif

We were on the same cruise as Cindy and heard the same information from several crew. Supposedly Voyager is going to San Juan in spring 2011 and Freedom will come to Galveston in fall 2011. We also heard this from someone who is friends with a Port Authority person in Galveston. They are dredging the channel to "make room." Should find out next week.

:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galveston Port and/or a regional Galveston/Houston approach and/or the region along they entire Gulf Coast

will be posturing for the future opportunities that will come available

when the Panama Canal project is completed of widening and deepening the canal

for bigger ships.

The port in Galveston will certainly be ready.

With an election coming up in Galveston this posturing is a big platform

matter. New intrastructure, marketing of Galveston and new worldwide relationships.

The Panama canal project is a definite plus for Galveston cruise business along with the new and broader import/export business.

Yes, I made a post like this in the RCCL forum a few days ago...

There are too many rumors about what will happen to Galveston in 2011 to believe anything! I've heard: Galveston will get a Freedom Class ship, Galveston will get a full time ship, Galveston will get no ship in 2011, Galveston will get Voyager again in November 2011, Voyager is staying in Europe full time, Voyager is going to San Juan, etc. I will just have to wait until Royal Caribbean releases their schedule to believe anything. :(

Yes, I made a post like this in the RCCL forum a few days ago...

There are too many rumors about what will happen to Galveston in 2011 to believe anything! I've heard: Galveston will get a Freedom Class ship, Galveston will get a full time ship, Galveston will get no ship in 2011, Galveston will get Voyager again in November 2011, Voyager is staying in Europe full time, Voyager is going to San Juan, etc. I will just have to wait until Royal Caribbean releases their schedule to believe anything. :(

To make matters even more confusing are the additional rumors about what CCL will do. I've read that CCL is considering moving the Magic here after its inaugural Europe season and the conquest goes to NOLA maybe.

To make matters even more confusing are the additional rumors about what CCL will do. I've read that CCL is considering moving the Magic here after its inaugural Europe season and the conquest goes to NOLA maybe.

Lets hope for Freedom in Galveston!

Should be known soon!!!:D

From creditable sources

itineraries will be released on Wednesday.:D

Vogager will definitely be returning to Galveston for an expanded stay period,

arriving earlier in the fall of 2011 and staying later thru Spring 2012. :D

From creditable sources

That's good...a good friend of mine who is a TA had told me that Voyager would be coming back for the 2011-2012 season but didn't know any itineraries. Looking forward to seeing a longer season!

From creditable sources

Originally Posted by Pacruzer viewpost.gif

SAILING ITINERARY

SAILING ITINERARY

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity

Sun 06 Nov 2011 Barcelona, Spain 4:00 AM 10:00 PM Boarding

Mon 07 Nov 2011 Cartagena, Spain 2:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked

Tue 08 Nov 2011 Seville (Cadiz), Spain 4:00 PM 4:00 AM Docked

Wed 09 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Thu 10 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Fri 11 Nov 2011 Ponta Delgada, Azores 12:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked

Sat 12 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Sun 13 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Mon 14 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Tue 15 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Wed 16 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Thu 17 Nov 2011 Nassau, Bahamas 2:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked

Fri 18 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Sat 19 Nov 2011 Cruising 5:00 AM 5:00 AM Cruising

Sun 20 Nov 2011 Galveston, Texas 11:00 AM 5:00 AM Outbound Transfer

Confirmed by Royal's Website: Galveston will not be getting a Freedom Class ship for the Winter 2011/2012 Season! Freedom will stay in Port Canaveral, the Independence will stay in Southampton, and Liberty is moving to Fort Lauderdale after her season in Barcelona.

I rumor I heard (from someone at Carnival) Conquest will be replaced by the Splendor (moving to New Orleans). Still not showing anything past August 2011. Only time will tell.

I lived at Kemah when I was a kid, man I loved going to Galveston every other weekend or so. The ferry was my favorite. I last visited In the late 90's, so It's been a while, and I'm sure lots has changed, especially since the hurricane. Whats the cruise terminal like there, and Is there a good spot to watch the cruise ships come and go. I will probably be going to Galveston toward the end of this year, and want to see Voyager of the seas leave port, I would like to see her up close If possible. I would like to see the Carnival ships as well.

Archived