Well.... Oil finally topped $70

I noticed tonight, the 3 day cruises increased by $30, wouldn't be nice of them if they raised the fare to cover the fuel cost?......but i doubt it!

I noticed that a number of 3 day cruises went down $30.

I noticed that a number of 3 day cruises went down $30.

The west Coast 3 days cruises that i was looking at were $239 yesterday morning and $269 lastnight, couldn't figureout if they raised them just because it was Friday night or because fuel had just hit $70 barrel.:confused:

The raise did not result from the price of oil...it was a product of "controlled capacity". In other words, only a certain number of rooms per cruise are made available for the lowest price. Once those are sold, then the price on the next group of rooms. Airlines do exactly the same thing.

David

Also, the day has to end over $70.....it didn't. Now Monday.......

But hopefully it won't trigger things.

Where does it say oil has to close over $70 for the policy to go into effect?? Just a FYI, it doesnt say anything about the closing price. Its says if oil goes over $70 they can add it.

Lets stick to the facts without saying Carnival said it has to close over $70 a barrel which they didnt say.

It went over $70. You might want to go and reread what Carnival says.

Where does it say oil has to close over $70 for the policy to go into effect?? Just a FYI, it doesnt say anything about the closing price. Its says if oil goes over $70 they can add it.

Lets stick to the facts without saying Carnival said it has to close over $70 a barrel which they didnt say.

It went over $70. You might want to go and reread what Carnival says.

The posters that said this were most likely referring to the original wording in the conditions set forth under which the fuel surcharges would be taken off. This stated at the CLOSE of the NYMEX.

Incidentally, almost all legal jargon that refers to any specific "trigger" within any stock price refers to its CLOSING PRICE for the day..

The company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

I am not trying to start nor finish anything but this was the only reference on Carnival's site to their fuel surcharge. Maybe someone else can find a better reference. It doesn't say when, where, how long, etc. Just what I copied and pasted above.

The posters that said this were most likely referring to the original wording in the conditions set forth

under which the fuel surcharges would be taken off.

This stated at the CLOSE of the NYMEX.

Incidentally, almost all legal jargon that refers to any specific "trigger" within any stock price

refers to its CLOSING PRICE for the day..

Agreed.

In the long-term history of All Things Stock Market ..it is the closing price that matters.

What happens intra-day is largely immaterial.

All Carnival says is oil has to top $70. The facts are oil has now topped $70 a barrel, so Carnival can add the surcharge period, anything else is just someone's opinion of when Carnival might actually do so. No one here knows, so we are all just giving opinions. Maybe we can have a contest, closest to the day or prize for the day to the winner? Its just fun to speculate about to me.

I dont even think the first time oil closes above $70 Carnival will add it. Its also doubtfull Carnival will announce it and it goes into effect the next day, they would need some lead time to implement it and collect it (for those who keep asking Im cruising in 2 days, should I worry). Anyway, thats my opinion. Im just hoping the lead time extends to the end of Sept when/if they do add the surcharge. I think its likely Carnival waits to see if RCL decides to add it on June 15th, since they are using June 14th I believe as the benchmark date. Let RCL stick out their neck first might be what Carnival is thinking.

Archived