New Itinerary

brian_uk

I love this thread!! Haven't come up with my ideal itin yet but I'm working on it. Trying to find ports that no-one does now. Interesting to see that some of you have come up with the itin that Princess is doing along the west coast of Africa. We are already booked on that one because of the ports. Places we've never been and will love seeing.

Got to run. Check back later.

My second entry, also a suggested repositioning of Insignia, on or about March 21, 2011, a 35-37 repo from Buenos Aires to Istanbul, as follows:

Buenos Aires

8-9 sea days

Cape Town ( two overnights)

Sea day

Port Elizabeth

Sea day

Durban

3 sea days

Zanzibar

3 sea days

Victoria, Seychelles

2 sea days

Male, Maldives

3-4 sea days

Petra

Luxor ( overnight)

Transit Suez Canal

Port Said

2 sea days

Istanbul, arrives end of April.

Dear Mr. Del Rio,

I often thought why offers Oceania not a World Cruise?

This should take between around 105 an 120 days, westbound, starting in the middle of January till end of april or beginning of may.

My dream itinerary starts in Miami, go down through the Caribic and the east cost of South America and then crosses the Atlantic to South Africa, go up to Asia down to Australia and new Zealand and then through the pacific with the islands to the west coast of the USA, down to Mexico through the Panama Canal for a crossing to spain and ends in the Mediterranean.

This cruise could be segmented in 6 or 8 legs to sell individually.

So what do you think?

Regards

Dennis

This would be a nightmare scenario

Tilbury, Essex A Container depot 45 miles from london

Southend, Essex An old fashioned Seaside with mud flats so no Tenders or Docks

Skegness, Lincoln The Camping home of the UK. nothing can be seen because caravans

Sunderland Home of Shipbuilding and Nissan car plant

2 days at Sea to recover

Holyhead Where car ferries cross to Ireland

Weston Super Mare (or nighmare) a Seaside Town

This is making me ill............most passengers would have ecaped by now

I cannot go on

Brian

Brian, That itinerary reminds me of an old Rodney Dangerfield routine, where he spoke of a hotel that was so bad that first prize was a week's free stay and the grand prize was only a weekend.

This would be a nightmare scenario

Tilbury, Essex A Container depot 45 miles from london

Southend, Essex An old fashioned Seaside with mud flats so no Tenders or Docks

Skegness, Lincoln The Camping home of the UK. nothing can be seen because caravans

Sunderland Home of Shipbuilding and Nissan car plant

2 days at Sea to recover

Holyhead Where car ferries cross to Ireland

Weston Super Mare (or nighmare) a Seaside Town

This is making me ill............most passengers would have ecaped by now

I cannot go on

Brian

This should be a whole other contest...with the winner "getting" to sail the itinerary......on Carnival!

I can give you my local entry:

1 Long Beach

2 Ensenada

3 At Sea to recover

4 Long Beach

Wait...Carnival already does that one!!!

Have been "lurking" watching and reading what has been happening...and so happy that FDR and Laura worked it out for you all...I did actually receive a response from FDR once...pretty cool!

A very fun idea and I also love the ports suggested...as in the cruise to the worst ports??? :rolleyes: LuAnn

As the post with FDR's "rules" is missing, I just want to remind future posters that the new itinerary should have at least 50% or more new ports to qualify as "new".

I don't know if this still applies, but here is part of FDR's original post:

" NEW will be defined as an itinerary having at least 50% of the ports as being inaugural ports of call to Oceania or, NEW will also be considered if the combination of ports making up the itinerary are truly unique and not offered by Oceania in the past. "

I don't know if this still applies, but here is part of FDR's original post:

" NEW will be defined as an itinerary having at least 50% of the ports as being inaugural ports of call to Oceania or, NEW will also be considered if the combination of ports making up the itinerary are truly unique and not offered by Oceania in the past. "

That sounds more like it - thank you for posting it (I don't want to misquote FDR).

Steve Bruin's West African itinerary #16 is incredible. I have been to most of the ports. They are a wonderful mix of cultures and will be a wonderful mix of experiences. The thought of this makes me salivate.

Steve Bruin's West African itinerary #16 is incredible. I have been to most of the ports. They are a wonderful mix of cultures and will be a wonderful mix of experiences. The thought of this makes me salivate.

We are doing a similar itinerary next May on the Ocean Princess except it leaves from Capetown and finishes in Dover. It has a wonderful itinerary and we vist so many unusual ports. It is a 31 day cruise and it has been booked out since December.

Jennie

We are doing a similar itinerary next May on the Ocean Princess except it leaves from Capetown and finishes in Dover. It has a wonderful itinerary and we vist so many unusual ports. It is a 31 day cruise and it has been booked out since December.

Jennie

It just goes to show you (and Oceania) that unusual itineraries are very much in demand (even with Princess who, have lots of ships/itineraries).

We did this on the ?Pacific Princess (R ship) from Ft. Lauderdale to Brazil to Senegal and down to Cape Town - great itinerary.

I finally have an itinerary to enter.

Departing from Vancouver. This is based on the rumor that one of the current ships will move to the Alaska route. Could also depart from San Francisco or Los Angeles, after a trip around SA or through the Panama Canal.

Several sea days to Hawaii. Say three days there, visiting the islands of Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii or Kauai.

Then several more sea days to Tahiti, visiting Papette, Bora Bora, and Moorea.

Perhaps a stop in Rarotonga and then to Sydney, all set to start the season there.

I'm thinking this might be a 16-18 day cruise. In any case, it's one I would love to take. A nice mix of the sea days that we love and new ports to visit. I have been to Hawaii, but I don't believe Oceania has. If you start from Vancouver, I think all the ports are new except for Sydney.

Mo

Just went back and reread the entire thread and realized there are a few itineraries similar to the one I posted above. There are differences however, and I still like mine the best! And I'm not telling you how long I spent figuring it out.....

Not sure it's possible to come up with a truly unique one at this point. Probably would have been better to have them entered blind for the contest. But, not so interesting to read. Will have to think on a second one.

Mo

I don't think you could do your West Coast to Sydney itinerary in 16 to 18 nights.

We did a San Francisco to Sydney cruise, Sky Princess, 9-00 via Hawaii, the Marianas, and through the South Pacific, and it was 27 nights.

Most itineraries I've seen West Coast to Sydney are in the 4 weeks (28 night) range, give or take a night or two

Well Frank I guess you got what you wanted....a myriad of Routes from the sublime to the plain ridiculous.

I guess this all started when I said I was bored with the same old, same old and you challenged me to come up with a new itinerary which I was prepared to sail.

I put forward my ideal Med Cruise and stick with that.

Jean and I love the Med and I think I highlighted a few Ports that you have not visited before and an itinerary that would make me come back to O. Lisbon, St Tropez and Antibes are special locations with things of interest at that stop, rather than say Livorno or Civitavecchia where further transport is needed to get anywhere. I think the routes are sustainable over a Summer Season rather than just one off itineraries....and clearly the Med is one of your biggest destinations as there is just so much to see and differences in so many locations.

I wish you and your team well in the judging

Brian

Many thanks to all of have participated in helping us develop new itineraries, with special thanks and recognition to Brian UK who was the catalyst and inspiration.

I do think we will be able to incorporate some of the ideas shared on this board, though, many of you will be surprised at the distances between ports, the availability of ship support services at some of the suggested ports,etc.which make some of your ideas just not feasible.

Please remember that our challenge ends on June 30th, so I urge everyone with any ideas to please come forth before the deadline.

FDR

Here is my second entry. I was just thinking how nice this would be in the middle of the winter.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dominica

Grenanda

Margarita Island, Venezuela

Paramaribo, Suriname (or Georgetown, Guyana)

Trinidad

St. Lucia

Martinique

San Juan

This has been fun. We hope we will see some of you on the Miami to LA Panama Canal cruise in January.

Terry

We're a little tardy with our first suggestion, but we have a good excuse.....we were cruising on the Nautica!

For your consideration, a new spin on the Med to Baltic itinerary:

Atlantic Hideaways

Day 1 Barcelona, Spain

Day 2 Tangier, Morocco

Day 3 Casabanca, Morocco

Day 4 Casablanca, Morocco

Day 5 Lisbon, Portugal

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 Glengarriff, (West Cork), Ireland

Day 8 Dun Laoghaire (for "the Irish Riviera")

Day 9 Oban, Scotland

Day 10 At Sea (rounding the north coast of Scotland)

Day 11 Queensferry, Scotland

Day 12 At Sea

Day 13 Gothenberg, Sweden

Day 14 Oslo, Norway

Day 15 At Sea

Day 16 Southampton

Thanks for an outstanding opportunity to vent our wish lists! :D

Archived