Is a balcony worth the cost?

GAMOM4

To me it's not important. It's just a place to sleep and shower so I would rather save my money for other things.

We are not in our cabins much. Other people can't cruise without them as they like to sit out and have their morning coffee or read a book.

It's all what's important to you.

Bill

There must be a correlation between amount of time spent in a cabin and the type of cabin.

We are balcony fans. We love spending time out on the balcony, early in the morning, in our pj's and bathrobes, watching the ocean go by. We have breakfast out there together, we sit and read books, or we just hold hands. It is a great place to be after a long day of shore excursions. And there is nothing like the sound of the ocean at night.

We do spend a lot of time in the cabin because of the balcony.

There must be a correlation between amount of time spent in a cabin and the type of cabin.

We are balcony fans. We love spending time out on the balcony, early in the morning, in our pj's and bathrobes, watching the ocean go by. We have breakfast out there together, we sit and read books, or we just hold hands. It is a great place to be after a long day of shore excursions. And there is nothing like the sound of the ocean at night.

I am tearing up...seriously! That was beautiful;)...and I agree. The sound of the ocean is incredible while sleeping...worth every dollar!!

I'm sure you are right but for me I wake up in the morning, go out on the balcony, look around for 2 minutes and then I hop in the shower.

I don't drink coffee so I don't sit out there drinking morning coffee. I don't sit out there during the day because after 5 minutes I have to get up and do something. I know it's vacation but I can't just sit around doing nothing. I have too much nervous energy.

Just a waste of money for me. I know I'm in the monority on this one.;)

Bill

I've been cruising since I was 19, I'm 62 now, and on our spring break cruise this past April I enjoyed a balcony room for the first time. It was my SIL's lst cruise and she didn't think she would feel comfortable in an inside room. While it was nice to have the balcony on this particular cruise (I had hurt my back pre-cruise, and had to spend a lot of time in the room in bed - still had a great time though), I would not spend the extra money for it. Except for this cruise, because of my back injury, we are hardly ever in our cabin, so it wouldn't be something that I would consider a necessity. Having said that however, if you can afford it, it really is nice. I'm with the CCers that say they'd rather use the extra money it costs for a balcony room for an extra cruise.:D

To each his own but a balcony is a must for us. We like morning coffee on the balcony, eat room service on the balcony, watch the ship enter and leave ports.

I think once you have a balcony, you do not want to go back to a stateroom without one.

We did an inside once. Since then, mini suites, balconies. I enjoy sitting on the balcony without having to be up on deck with everyone else. We were lucky on our Med cruise which was on the Freedom and had Cat 12. It was very nice, got rather spoiled but reality has now brought us back to balconies and mini suites. Some of my best pictures are from my balcony.

DJ127

I am tearing up...seriously! That was beautiful;)...and I agree. The sound of the ocean is incredible while sleeping...worth every dollar!!

Yeah, I'm a sap. My husband is used to it though. He is so sweet, because he brings the coffee and breakfast while I sit and watch the ocean.

I'm sure you are right but for me I wake up in the morning, go out on the balcony, look around for 2 minutes and then I hop in the shower.

I don't drink coffee so I don't sit out there drinking morning coffee. I don't sit out there during the day because after 5 minutes I have to get up and do something. I know it's vacation but I can't just sit around doing nothing. I have too much nervous energy.

Just a waste of money for me. I know I'm in the monority on this one.;)

Bill

And this is why it is good that cruise ships have all kinds of cabins.;)

That is one reason we love cruising so much...we have the sea days for when we want to chill and we have the port days for when we are tired of chilling and want to do things.

We agreed that neither of us are all-inclusive types. We would get bored after a while. My husband can handle two days; I might get three before going nuts.

We had to get a balcony for our first cruise. My husband wouldn't go on the cruise without it. He has to be able to drink his coffee in the morning on a balcony. He won't go to a bed and breakfast that doesn't have a deck or balcony for him. Gotta keep the King happy!;)

We went ahead and changed from an inside lido deck stateroom , to a lido deck balcony cabin on the Dream .

My mom suggested that we remove the divider , but I had to say no to that , as the wife has ideas that I can't discuss on here , lol .

I can't wait to go to sleep at night with the door open , I am sure we will enjoy it , the waking up , knowing it is daylight , rather than wondering what the weather is like .

We just took our 3rd cruise in April, 2009. Cabin 1066 on Liberty and it was wonderful. Yes, I think it's worth the extra money. Our first 2 cruises we had inside cabins. I don't think you'll regret a balancy.

No matter which cabin you decide on, have a wonderful cruise!

Archived