Does Azamara read these?

renny

Does Azamara read these posts? If so, it would seem that the ship would offer - bottled water, brewed ice tea and free transport to city centers. I would be willing to trade in my "butler".

Does Azamara read these posts? If so, it would seem that the ship would offer - bottled water, brewed ice tea and free transport to city centers. I would be willing to trade in my "butler".

definitely would trade in the butler.....

hey when we did the baltic on the celebrity constellation 4 years ago, there was complementary transportation to all city centres....

Do you really think that all it would take to provide free bottled water, ice tea and free transfers to the city center is for A to read these posts?

I think it's more a matter of simple economics - it all adds up very quickly if you multiple anything by several thousand (except a 0, of course)....

We bring a 'sports' water bottle each with us and refill them (starting at the airport, once past security). The water in the jug in the cabin worked well for refilling our bottles in the morning prior to setting off on our port days.

If you have a lot of patience, you can brew your own tea and drop some ice cubes into it ... or take it from the drink dispenser (it's pretty good mixed with lemonade.):)

While free shuttles are nice (we had them on our Celebrity cruise in '05 but not on our Azamara cruise in '08), the cost would have to be covered by all passengers on board, many of whom aren't using the shuttles as they've either booked a ship's excursion or a private tour. I think the system of 'user pays' is a little more fair to all.

definitely would trade in the butler.....

hey when we did the baltic on the celebrity constellation 4 years ago, there was complementary transportation to all city centres....

Last year on the Constellation in the Baltics there was a fee for the shuttle ....... it's a pain!

We also sailed on Connie in the Baltics (08) and there was a per person fee to shuttle to the city. I didn't mind the fee, but I did mind being lied to upon disembarkation about how long the walk would be if we chose not to take the shuttle-- the distance was often 1/2 to 1/3 as far as they claimed. Though to be fair to Celebrity, I should note that DH and I are in our 20s, so they may have calculated walking times based on a different demographic. ;)

We bring a 'sports' water bottle each with us and refill them (starting at the airport, once past security). The water in the jug in the cabin worked well for refilling our bottles in the morning prior to setting off on our port days.

take it from the drink dispenser (it's pretty good mixed with lemonade.):)

I have to agree with everything you wrote because we do the same thing

It's very convenient just to have a shuttle to town and back for the entire time the ship is in port. The cost isn't much. It is especially nice in ports like Rouen where getting a taxi is tough. Many people took the shuttle to town, but could not get the shuttle to return. Many people had to walk back to the ship...a long walk. Keep the shuttles running continuously until it's time to sail.

Last year on the Constellation in the Baltics there was a fee for the shuttle ....... it's a pain!

The cruise line has to pay to have this service provided ... it doesn't come free to them. So who should pay for it? Should it be subsidized by everyone on board?

I know this thread is about what Azamara should provide in addition to what they already are, but just to keep things in perspective, I was pretty happy that the Specialty Dining was such a deal compared to other cruises that I have been on (along with the excellent quality of food). Eating twice at the SR's saved us $100. over what we would have paid on Celebrity.

I also found that Azamara went 'above and beyond' with port information via presentations by the 'enrichment lecture' speaker, through their printed material, and with the help of local reps who came on board at the port to answer questions and provide maps etc. to those looking for last minute help with DIY touring.

While I would believe that the senior officers read these boards, most of the decisions that we would like to be made (ice tea, ports, etc.) are not things that can be changed on a local level. RCCL corporate would have to make those decisions and I don't think any of those changes would be made without some heavy duty number crunching!

And, I personally have it on good authority, that Senior Officers on the ships DO read comments on these boards. They consider the feedback that they receive very carefully.

Hi Ed !

I agree. I feel that Azamara (both onboard, and shoreside) are working very hard to provide the best possible Cruise experience, and that passenger feedback is very important to them.

Can anybody comment on the enrichment lecture speakers on Azamara? I will be very excited if they are not just port shopping salespeople. :)

For which cruise..each cruise has different speakers..

Jamcruz1

As the saying goes "the devil is in the details." Sometimes it's the little details which can make a difference. There are lots of mass cruise lines out there. To truly distinquish oneself, it's the small details that stand out. We have never been on Azamara but have scheduled a trip for January. The last thing I want is a Royal Caribbean experience. I hope that cruise style has not impacted Azamara.

As the saying goes "the devil is in the details." Sometimes it's the little details which can make a difference. There are lots of mass cruise lines out there. To truly distinquish oneself, it's the small details that stand out. We have never been on Azamara but have scheduled a trip for January. The last thing I want is a Royal Caribbean experience. I hope that cruise style has not impacted Azamara.

Remember that Royal Caribbean came first and Azamara is only two years old. Having said that, I don't think you will see the hand of RCI laying too heavily on your cruise experience.

The good news is that the enrichment lectures have nothing to do with shopping. I don't think there's bad news.:)

For which cruise..each cruise has different speakers..

Jamcruz1

We will be sailing around the west coast of europe from Copenhagen to Barcelona-- I am hoping the fact that we are taking an unusual route won't decrease the quality of our speakers.

Similarly, the chap that we had on the Quest trip from Hong Kong to Singapore in January this year was excellent, and received rave revues from many of the passengers. He provided similar information to that mentioned by Ed above.

Nevernever

Actually, the enrichment speaker on our May 16th Italian Cruise was excellent.

Similarly, the chap that we had on the Quest trip from Hong Kong to Singapore in January this year was excellent....

Just curious if it was Jonathan Fleming? He was the Enrichment Lecturer on our Ancient Empires cruise ... and we were impressed!

Archived