Does Azamara read these?

renny

We are travelling next month on the Quest's Mediterranean tour. We only have one sea day out of 15! How does the Quest handle the lectures when you are out all day? Do they tape them so we can watch later in our cabin on the TV, or will they be scheduled at night (possibly conflicting with our dinners)? Any help with these questions, or with possible insight as to who the lecturer(s) might be would be greatly appreciated.

On the Asia trip , Jonathon Flemings talks also appeared on the ship tv - I used to listen to them as I was getting ready in the evening and that set me up for the coming days they were so informative

• 2 weeks later...
Does Azamara read these posts? If so, it would seem that the ship would offer - bottled water, brewed ice tea and free transport to city centers. I would be willing to trade in my "butler".

Yes! Someone from Azamara does review the #1 Cruise website in the United States.

Not only do they read Cruise Critic ( on both of the ships and in Miami as well) but if you write a letter, either complimenting some one or something, or to discuss a problem, it will be read and you will get a response.

Azamara and Celebrity both are very much aware of their customers and want to know what they like and don't.

Hi all,

Marshall Stern and I will be Enrichment Speakers for the Quest July 12th sailing. We worked a Celebrity transaltlantic crossing this past spring, but this is our first Azamara cruise.

The lines usually do have speakers talking about the ports/areas being visiting, but Marshall and I are more on the fun side of these lectures. We usually teach workshops on improv comedy (we've been teaching/performing improv for nearly twenty years for groups and schools all over the US and Europe, including Second City) and what we call "Zenprov" which covers more spiritual topics like mediation, finding peace, stillness and silence, being present, etc.

Hope to see you on a cruise!

Nancy

Bottle water is over rated

while that MIGHT seem to be the case and until April 24th of this year when I contracted

SEVERE food poisioning.. I would of agreed with you and thought I'll just pick it up in port.

it turns out Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria much of their bottled water has MAGENSIUM added for your health benefits...thats in size 2 font by the way on the bottle in a language/alphabet you probably don't know (Greek, Cyrillic)

The magensium is in a heavy dosage compared to what you find here in the states

I know AZ goes to these countries.

MAGESIUM is a LAXATIVE

So, yeah I would be more than happy to have bottled water that I got from the ship and was able to have translated by a crew member before I drank it..

Do you really want to start your day with MAGNESIUM before you go out on a bus..

and THEN have to deal with Turkish Toilets?

So, to wrap it up..24 days land traveling with food poisioning from eating A LOT of now suspected unpasteurized yogurt for the 1st 4 days, drinking magnesium filled water until day 20 and having to use Turkish toilets 90% of time.

oh, and just to add the icing on the cake...but you as a cruiser wouldnt have to deal with this..since you can see the ship doctor

in Bulgaria.there was very little English spoken and everything in Cyrillic, I showed the pharmacist my "just in case Cipro botte" that was empty to refill.

she hands the Bulgarian Cipro to me and

says no blackmarket maybe.

so when we returned from this trip on May 8th I was still sick for another month.

and that my friends is how we came up with our cruise with AZ next year...

Exotic, sophisiticated, unpack once, I can enjoy my meals, pack food off the ship in EVERY port and have medical care if ever needed.

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Our_2010_Adventure.html

We bring a 'sports' water bottle each with us and refill them (starting at the airport, once past security). The water in the jug in the cabin worked well for refilling our bottles in the morning prior to setting off on our port days.

There is a change in the wind with regards to bottled water. Perhaps all cruiselines should give everybody a reusable sports bottle on boarding, and just provide stations where they can be refilled, including somewhere close to the gangway. If this wouldn't work for hygiene reasons, then have a system where you can turn in your reusable bottle and get a new one, whenever you need it. Disposable plastic water bottles are becoming anathema in many places.

As for the shuttles, I'm spoiled by a cruiseline which does this--they should be free, period.

They handed out large bottles of mineral water on at least two excursions on our Mediterranean cruise, and we received free tickets for a bottle at some leather store in another; being our first cruise with Azamara, is this a new thing?

Regardless, I'm sure Azamara is indeed watching and reading Cruise Critic!

Archived