Two beds in balcony room

bigred4770

I've never had an inside, and usually cruise with my DH so the beds are together, but when I cruised with my mom I snapped this picture. I think there was plenty of space between the beds.

2473092370064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We took our two adult kids on the Liberty a couple years ago and we had two balcony cabins. They had their beds separated and there was plenty of space between the beds. The balcony cabins have the beds turned sideways and a couch and the room seemed very spacious.

I noticed in one picture that the space between the two beds in a balcony room is small compared to an inside. Has anyone experienced this or was it just bad photography

Actually, they are the same exact s.f. Inside cabins on all ships are 185 s.f. and the inside of a regular balcony cabin is 185 s.f. Both exactly the same. Photo must play tricks with the size perception. (with the regular 35 s.f. balcony added on then the combined space is exactly the same size as a 220 s.f. OV on Conquest class ships).

When staying in an inside room, the beds are against the wall on both sides, so the space between them is more than in the ocean views, simply because the beds are not against the walls. The space in the ocean view is much better regardless. We have always had ocean view rooms and recently stayed in an inside to save money. That will be our first and last time.:)

Each cabin has two small night-stands (maybe 12"x12") with a lamp on them. In the inside cabins, these are both placed side-by-side in the center, with beds against the walls. So twice as much space in center. (Or beds connected, with each night-stand against wall.)

In my Ocean-view room, we had the fall wall, my bed, night-stand, daughter's bed, and her night-stand. Then sofa made into third bed for other daughter. Her lamp was attached to wall.

For interior cabins, I think beds 3 & 4 are bunks that come out of the ceiling. Can be difficult with ladders, depending on if beds 1 & 2 are connected or not.

Our family of three females fit very nicely in our Ocean-view cabin. Plenty of storage. The sofa has two large drawers underneath.

Kathy

We have a 3-person balcony cabin on the Splendor where the 3rd person sleeps on the sofa. Can a normal sized adult be comfortable on the sofa bed? Our son is 5'11" tall and will be the 3rd in our room. I'm thinking it might be better for me to sleep on it (at 5'3", not quite so tall). What do you think?

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises, both times on the Valor, both times in balcony cabins, both times with beds separated.

The first time, the 2 night stands were placed between the 2 beds so there was more room between the beds. It was a 2-person cabin, the sofa had 2 drawers underneath.

The second time, there was one night stand next to the window, and one between the 2 beds. It was a 3-person cabin and I slept on the sofa bed. The sofa bed did not have drawers underneath.

The sofa bed seemed to be the same size as the regular beds but there was not much room between the end of the sofa bed and the regular bed, so if you have a tall person who might have their feet sticking out at the end of the sofa bed, the feet may be in someone's face. I cannot be sure on this as I am not a tall prson.

Upon first appearances the sofa bed looked sunken in places and I thought it would be uncomfortable, but it wasn't and I slept well.

We took an over-the-door shoe organizer and hung it over the bathroom door (cabin side). With 3 women, we found it to be very useful and helped to keep the room and bathroom somewhat clutter-free.

I noticed in one picture that the space between the two beds in a balcony room is small compared to an inside. Has anyone experienced this or was it just bad photography

The beds are closer together in the picture becasue there is space on both sides of them for the balcony and sofa. In an inside there is more room between the beds because they are pushed out to the walls and there are no spaces between them and the walls.

DH and I just returned from a cruise on the Triumph. We had a balcony room on Deck 6 with one bed. There were no nightstands in our room, and no space for them. I had to put my book and reading glasses on the floor....and then remember they were there so I wouldn't step on them in the morning :(. If the beds had been separated, I think there would have only been enough room to walk sideways between them.

Marcia

Archived