Balcony room at back of ship?

If you have a"'true aft" cabin, then your balcony will be MUCH deeper than any cabin on the side of the ship. However, on the Voyager class ships, the balcony rail isn't at the very end of the hull---you'll have to look past the superstructure of the ship. Not a big deal, really.

Aside from a really looooong walk to you cabin, you got a great location!

We had an aft cabin on Brilliance of the Seas. It is a really long walk but the view is GREAT from the aft balcony. We had some rough seas and I seemed to feel the motion more, usually go for mid-ship.

Have fun!!

We usually do the midship thing too...close to the elevators, but we thought we'd try something different this time. The TA told us it was a really good room. I always love looking out the back of the ship anyways. As far as the motion, it doesn't bother us...the more, the merrier. I love being 'rocked' to sleep. And with all the eating involved, a little extra walking may be just what we need. :rolleyes:

We had 8390 and 8392 last summer. Unbelievably large balcony...you will love it! We never had a problem with rough seas. We also had heard that we could have soot on our balcony in the morning...nope! Just a VERY large balcony and a beautiful view. Have fun!

We have gotten aft balconies on our last 7 cruises. I had never noticed the "long walk" everyone talks about so on the last cruise on the Mariner I timed it and it was about a minute from the central elevators. Figured the few calories we burned walking allowed us another round of liquid refreshment.

We stayed in an aft cabin for the first time on the Adventure of the Seas. It was a long walk to the cabin, we just made sure we had everything before we left. The balcony was huge with two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, a small table with four chairs. The furniture was covered with black stuff and after two days I had it replaced. We were on deck 9 and we could see the people in the balconies below us and the ones from deck 10 could see into ours, which wasn't a big deal for us. I think everyone has their favorite cabin location on a ship, it's just a matter of opinion. Would I book an aft balcony again? Probably not, because I prefer to be near the elevators and in the middle of the ship.

You're going to love it back there. Yes, the walk is a bit long, but it's nice and quiet back there. I don't remember hearing as much hallway noise as when I have a cabin midship.

Which cabin do you have? Someone might have photos of your cabin you can look at.

Theresa

We had 8390 and 8392 last summer. Unbelievably large balcony...you will love it! We never had a problem with rough seas. We also had heard that we could have soot on our balcony in the morning...nope! Just a VERY large balcony and a beautiful view. Have fun!

Oooops...we're on the 9th deck, not 8th. But the room is 9390...so it should be the same. I can't wait!

We had an aft balcony cabin on the Adventure and loved it. Would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact we have an aft booked on Rhapsody in Feb and can hardly wait. We didn't have any soot that I can remember or any noise. We also had the hump cabins on Jewel & Raidance and didn't have any noise. JMO

cottagemama

Thank you for posting that. I have been looking for something like that for a long time now. We have 7690 booked for January on the explorer and those pics completely just sold my cruise companions on that room.

You're welcome. Voyager-class.com is a great source of information for all things Voyager-class. It was down for several months but is back up now.

ETA: You did go locate you specific cabin, right? If not, here's the direct link for 7390/7690

Whenever I book a cruise the aft balconies are the very first cabins I check on! They are fantastic IMO. As to the walk, I have never noticed it being long unless you are going all the way forward on the ship, such as to the health spa or the theater. Then we simply plan for the "commute" time:D Well worth the walk... The balconies on the sides of the ship are much smaller and often quite windy. We prefer the larger, quieter balconies aft. Another advantage is there is rarely any foot traffic noise, kids running the hall, etc. back there since the only people back there are those in the cabins since it's such "a long walk".;)

Had 8390 on Navigator a few months ago - LOVED it! Was a corner aft, friends had the one next to us. Super structure on the back didn't bother us, nor did the walk. Loved it so much in fact that we won't book anything but aft balcony again.

We just booked a balcony room on the 8th deck of the Voyager at the very back. Anyone had one of these, and if so, did you like it?

Thanks everyone for your posts. I'm really excited about this cabin we've booked. We've always been more toward the middle near the elevator. But our favorite place to look out has always been the back of the ship. Thanks Aprille for the link to the photos as well.

We had our first aft cabin on Mariner in 06 and LOVED it! Ours was on 7, forget the number but it was next to the corner aft on the right side of the ship. We loved it so much we have one booked for August that is a corner aft on 9. We can't wait for our HUGE balcony on a corner. The LONG walk everyone talks about is very minor really and like others have said it is a good way to burn off the extra calories you are getting in all your meals. We NEVER noticed any soot as others have mentioned and the view is fantastic. No wind and we never noticed any motion beyond what you would get anywhere else on the ship. You will LOVE it and become an aft snob like the rest of us!

Love those afts!

We had 1692 on the Mariner 2 years ago. Loved the cabin and the balcony. The only downside, not much in the way of air flow. That could be good and bad in some cases. But overall, well worth it. We will go aft again.

Wow! Great Posts....thanks everyone. I was about to book midship and my PVP suggested this room for the same price. I wasn't sure, but am excited about this room now!!!! woohoo! Come on April 2010......wishing my life away!

Wow! Great Posts....thanks everyone. I was about to book midship and my PVP suggested this room for the same price. I wasn't sure, but am excited about this room now!!!! woohoo! Come on April 2010......wishing my life away!

He's my hubby. ;)

Not to rain on your parade, but the corner afts on deck 9 have smaller balconies than the middle aft cabins on deck 9. Those balconies do not have room for 2 lounges as do the center afts, as the balconies are triangular shaped. I also do not like that the door out to the balcony is not a double sliding door, but a single door with only the top portion glass. Also, there is a wide beam coming down over the balcony that you have to duck every time you go out. And that beam provides the only shade. I advise anyone who wants to experience those super balconies not to book the corner afts on deck 9 Voyager class. On the other hand, the corner afts on deck 7 have huge balconies!

Archived