Balcony room at back of ship?

Not to rain on your parade, but the corner afts on deck 9 have smaller balconies than the middle aft cabins on deck 9. Those balconies do not have room for 2 lounges as do the center afts, as the balconies are triangular shaped. I also do not like that the door out to the balcony is not a double sliding door, but a single door with only the top portion glass. Also, there is a wide beam coming down over the balcony that you have to duck every time you go out. And that beam provides the only shade. I advise anyone who wants to experience those super balconies not to book the corner afts on deck 9 Voyager class. On the other hand, the corner afts on deck 7 have huge balconies!

This poster is 100% correct...here is a pic:

(ok, ok...so I leaned over a shot a picture of the other ppl's balcony, sue me, LOL It came in handy!)

Explorer23Jan09010.jpg

We have loved the 3 afts we have had but you do get debris and ash on them more than a regular aft.

Now, the corner aft we had was fabulous!! We have another one this December and can not wait. Those balconies are like 25 or 30 feet long as they wrap from the back to the side!

We had 1690 on the Nav this year and was a fab cabin, next yr we are going on the AOS and booked the same cabin. I hoping I don't miss the balcony too much when I'm on the jewel in a OV room.

I think you will survive the OV...at least you are on a ship, lol:D

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I am very familiar with the aft balconies on the Voyager Class ships as I have had 3 of them now. LOVE THEM ! :D

Are the aft balconies on the Freedom Class exactly the same? Do all the dividers open, even all the aft balcony dividers?

We have a Freedom Class aft booked for December and I'm guessing although the cabin numbers are different, the balcony sizes are the same. :confused:

Anyone with experience?

I am very familiar with the aft balconies on the Voyager Class ships as I have had 3 of them now. LOVE THEM ! :D

Are the aft balconies on the Freedom Class exactly the same? Do all the dividers open, even all the aft balcony dividers?

We have a Freedom Class aft booked for December and I'm guessing although the cabin numbers are different, the balcony sizes are the same. :confused:

Anyone with experience?

Hi there! I do not know about the dividers, however I have a pic of one of the aft balconies onboard Liberty...hope this helps in some way.:o:)

Picture005.jpg

It definitely bigger(longer) than regular balcony cabins.

Happy Cruising!:)

Hi there! I do not know about the dividers, however I have a pic of one of the aft balconies onboard Liberty...hope this helps in some way.:o:)

Picture005.jpg

Great photo. Thanks. I'm hoping there is a lounger there that we just can't see?? Do you have the cabin number?

If you can get a corner aft on Legend it will be awesome, and I don't use that word lightly. We had a corner aft on Rhapsody a few years ago. All the aft facing balcones are much better than those on Voyager class, as there is no superstructure, just a clear view and if on the corner, you get a wrap-around effect, so you see both aft and side.

Great photo. Thanks. I'm hoping there is a lounger there that we just can't see?? Do you have the cabin number?

No, I forget the cabin #...my gf's stayed in this cabin, I just snapped the picture, LOL Or, it may be one of many pics she sent to me...at any rate, I do not know the #, sorry! :o:):D

We sailed on Legend for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise and had an inside cabin. See the aft of this ship and having since had an aft on Mariner I wish we would have had an aft on the Legend. It would have greatly increased our enjoyment of that cruise. SIGH! What a great view!

MJN

Saw a posting from Bonnie Voyager and others that yes, they are very similar though slightly larger. We have one booked on Freedom in August so we will let you know. The number is different so you should find a floorplan for your ship to decide which number you want. Do a search for threads with the topic you are interested in and you will probably be able to read some postings on the subject.

MJN

Do you know if the corner aft balconies have an obstructed view - specifically deck 8? I have booked cabin 8390 because it looks like a large balcony. Now I am nervous about the view.

Picture005.jpg

I didn't see what ship you are talking about. I had 8390 on Navigator a few months ago. Not obstructed - there is super structure on the back of all Voyager class ships, it's a bit diff than looking straight down to water - but still great views.

Do you know if the corner aft balconies have an obstructed view - specifically deck 8? I have booked cabin 8390 because it looks like a large balcony. Now I am nervous about the view.

I see you were in 8390. Can you explain the "superstructure" to me? I keep reading about it and am concerned it will block the view. I have reserved this cabin for next February. Thanks!

Had 8390 on Navigator a few months ago - LOVED it! Was a corner aft, friends had the one next to us. Super structure on the back didn't bother us, nor did the walk. Loved it so much in fact that we won't book anything but aft balcony again.

Look at this picture - the guy in red jacket is on the balcony of 8390

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077164115036355651ZpRpBa

see how the back of the ship is 'stepped balconies'? some ships have an aft that is straight up and down.

See the big white 'bands' going around the back, and railings? Those sit out from the balconies. Look at deck 6 and deck 7 - how far back from the back edge of the ship those balconies sit.

Sitting in a chair on balcony of 8390 you will have a nice view back - if you stand right at the railing you can look down at balconies below you.

I took a bunch of pics off that balcony - I'll try to find them when I get home.

btw - we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers, a table, and plenty more room on that balcony :)

I see you were in 8390. Can you explain the "superstructure" to me? I keep reading about it and am concerned it will block the view. I have reserved this cabin for next February. Thanks!

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

you can click on each of the rooms on that page and get pictures of your room. hopefully this helps

I'd wonder..the two right next to it have obstructed views.

Please note: Staterooms 8162,8164, 8662 & 8664 have partially obstructed views.

How about cabin 8666 on Jewel, next to the Royal Suite - Big balcony or not?

Thanks so much for your response. The balcony looks great. Does this room have a different door leading out to the balcony? (Rather than a sliding door?)

Look at this picture - the guy in red jacket is on the balcony of 8390

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077164115036355651ZpRpBa

see how the back of the ship is 'stepped balconies'? some ships have an aft that is straight up and down.

See the big white 'bands' going around the back, and railings? Those sit out from the balconies. Look at deck 6 and deck 7 - how far back from the back edge of the ship those balconies sit.

Sitting in a chair on balcony of 8390 you will have a nice view back - if you stand right at the railing you can look down at balconies below you.

I took a bunch of pics off that balcony - I'll try to find them when I get home.

btw - we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers, a table, and plenty more room on that balcony :)

we have our first aft room in March of 2010! 1400 cabin on Liberty of the seas, RCI! We are really excited! Thru this site, several pics have been posted of this room and it looks great! But truly no matter what room you have you are on a cruise and that is what is important!!!!!!!!

Archived