Dawn Princess World Cruise

DW and I have considered a world cruise. We are both just over 60 and are fairly active. We talked with a cruise director on a Princess ship, who shalll remain nameless, and who had just recently left a ship that had been on a WC. According to him, and this is a quote, "... the average is age is, oh I dunno, ... deceased!" In addition he said that most of the shows after dinner were mostly empty because everyone had retired.

A WC sounds like a very nice trip but we're concerned that we would go stir crazy and kill each other during 104 days worth of 24/7 time with each other only. We have talked with another (younger) couple about a WC and we're still thinking ...

DW and I have considered a world cruise. We are both just over 60 and are fairly active. We talked with a cruise director on a Princess ship, who shalll remain nameless, and who had just recently left a ship that had been on a WC. According to him, and this is a quote, "... the average is age is, oh I dunno, ... deceased!" In addition he said that most of the shows after dinner were mostly empty because everyone had retired.

A WC sounds like a very nice trip but we're concerned that we would go stir crazy and kill each other during 104 days worth of 24/7 time with each other only. We have talked with another (younger) couple about a WC and we're still thinking ...

Well after following the 2 roll calls for this cruise me... being still in my fourties... well only just :eek: would be more than happy to be on this cruise.. they seem like a great bunch of people... they have a long list of cruisers either doing the whole cruise or just sectors so I don't think anyone will be lonely :)

and don't forget 42 of those days will be spent in a different city all over the world.... gosh I get goosy just thinking of that....:D:D

I am aiming for 2011 or 2012 depends when hubby thinks he can retire :D:D

But think of 42 times shore tours:eek:

104 days of eating in the same restaurant

104 days of seeing the same people.

104 days of not winning trivia.:rolleyes:

Yes and I still want to go, when we can get 104 plus days to match a cruise and the money to pay for it. Till then I will live in others shoes via the live updates.

I think the cruisers who take time out to do these are wonderful people and I thank you dearly.

The passenger mix will change though, as sector people ,leave and join the ship. I think they also have the choice of changing their dining tables for each sector.

I was quite surprised to read that so many people are doing the whole cruise.

More than 3700 passengers will embark on various parts of the trip, with 911 mainly Australian and New Zealand passengers going the whole way on the 2000-berth liner

But think of 42 times shore tours:eek:

104 days of eating in the same restaurant

104 days of not winning trivia.:rolleyes:

eek you forgot 104 days of bingo... ( well only 62 really LOL ) imagine the jackpot by the end of the cruise LOL....

A world cruise is on our "want to do" list - DH even went so far as to get quotes for next year's voyage, but it's just a shame I don't have my LSL available to me, oh and the money!

He has even considered selling up to finance it, but I have put my foot down on THAT one.

I have also heard of some passengers' age being referred to as deceased lol.

We have friends whom we met on our 17 night cruise in March on the current voyage, so I am following their journey via the webcam, when I get a chance.

did anyone else get the email from their TA advertising 51 days from Southampton next month $2899 for an inside on the WC........good late special

rkmw

:o Bob i had to read this 3 times before i realized your WC wasn't a toilet....:o:D:D worth taking if its on offer especially if you can get a cheap airfare...are you going .....shiona

:o Bob i had to read this 3 times before i realized your WC wasn't a toilet....:o:D:D worth taking if its on offer especially if you can get a cheap airfare...are you going .....shiona

hi Shiona, anyone who could get a cheap aifare it would be a good cruise but we are not going

bob

Yes, we also got that email. Great special, almost unbelievable. Did you read further down with the prices of the different sectors. Even they were much dearer than the whole lot.

Worth looking into...quickly. My guess is that the airfares will 'kill' our dreams.

Cheers,

Bob and Jen

Do you think they would let us cancel and rebook?:rolleyes: Meg

hi meg, if you have made final payment you wouldnt be allowed to cancel as you would lose too much money

rkmw

Worth looking into...quickly. My guess is that the airfares will 'kill' our dreams.Cheers,Bob and Jen

Last minute cruise prices are great, but it is the last minute airfare that has killed it in the past.

We have looked into a couple of deals over the years, but the airlines wanted full fare, and that ended up making it more expensive than the early booking deals.

Those deals are usually snapped by by retired airline staff who can get the cheap flights,and even then may have to book on standby.

Sherees blog seems to be underway

Hello to my Cyber Cruise Critic Pals – Princess Oz

60% of passengers (1900approx) are taking the full 104 day world cruise, 71% of these are Australians and 22% New Zealand, 5% Americans, 2% British. Captain is Graham Goodway (last ship captained - Diamond Princess). Sammi Conneen-Baker is our Cruise Director and I can why she was chosen for this occasion, her persona, skill set and experience are excellent for world cruise patrons.

Hi

Checked the airfares, and around $1780 each one way. Not too bad for short notice. DW also checked today re long service leave, and her govt education school policy is to give 3 months prior notice for LSL.....can you believe!!

So am happy to hear only five cabins available, they will be gone by now for sure.

Still looking, particularly for a NZ cruise at the right price.

Thanks,

Bob

Archived