Dawn Princess World Cruise

Hope this doesn't sound rude of me but I hope we can get a few webcams from the Panama Canal.

That would be magnificent to sail through there.

I assume also it will be a full transit.

Thanks so much for allowing us to do this journey.

David... did you see the photo from the boys

http://www.fifthwheelerboyz.blogspot.com/

the one that is taken from the beach back to the ship... it looks like you could just swim out there and touch her....

is there a way to record the webcams going thru the canal... I have seen another one on you tube..... just loved watching the ship go up and down as she moved through the gates !!

2011 could be happening for us if garry retires next year....

joanne

Hope this doesn't sound rude of me but I hope we can get a few webcams from the Panama Canal. That would be magnificent to sail through there.I assume also it will be a full transit.

I certainly hope so Karon.

They will be going through on the 6th August, but for us , that will be the 7th.

They will begin at the Miraflores Locks on the Pacific side , then spend the day cruising through until their entry into the Atlantic at the Gatun Locks.

It will be very very early in the morning for us, when they begin the transit , so I am hoping my friends on another forum,

http://cruise.11.forumer.com/index.php

which follows bridge and port cams may be able to get some captures for us to share.

You can also follow the transit on the bridge cam and also the Panama Canal cams. Here are a couple of links for everyone...

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

(select port cams and then Mexico and Central America. I like this one as its a one stop shop for cruise cams.)

http://seacruisechat.com/

(gives information on the canal and the schedule,and also has links to the cams.)

David... did you see the photo from the boys

http://www.fifthwheelerboyz.blogspot.com/joanne

Hi Joanne, You must have posted at the same time as me. Yes those pics are stunning. I now have to put Huatulco on the must do list. :D It looks delightful.

The boys blog is excellent. I really enjoy all the information they pack into it. Are you following Sherees blog as well?

Hi Joanne, You must have posted at the same time as me. Yes those pics are stunning. I now have to put Huatulco on the must do list. :D It looks delightful.

The boys blog is excellent. I really enjoy all the information they pack into it. Are you following Sherees blog as well?

Dave, Sheree's is our favourite.... I think her blog is the one that makes Garry want to do the world cruise even more....the boys blog is good for the facts but sheree's really humanises it ... if that is the right word...

I have 4 blogs in my favourites for this cruise... I just love it... and the pics!! that photo I was talking about before is now my background on the computer!!

joanne

Dave, Sheree's is our favourite.... I think her blog is the one that makes Garry want to do the world cruise even more....

Her writing is excellent, she makes you feel that you are there with her.

Here is a copy of their itinerary for the next few days....

we need to remember the time differences:eek:

Day

30 Aug 03 Huatulco, Mexico 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

31 Aug 04 At Sea

32 Aug 05 At Sea

33 Aug 06 Panama Canal, Panama 7:00 AM 4:30 PM

34 Aug 07 Cartagena, Colombia 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

35 Aug 08 Orenjestad Aruba 1:00 PM 7:00 PM

36 Aug 09 At Sea

37 Aug 10 At Sea

38 Aug 11 Bermuda (West End) Arrive 6:00 PM

39 Aug 12 Bermuda (West End) Depart 5:00 PM

40 Aug 13 At Sea

41 Aug 14 New York, New York 7.00am 8.00pm

42 Aug 15 Newport, Rhode Island, USA 8.00am 4.00pm

43 Aug 16 Boston, Massachusetts 8.00am 6.00pm

Then 6 days crossing the Atlantic to Ireland.

David' date='Do you know what time they are due to go through the locks. I want to watch them on the webcam. I know it is the 6th but don't know what time.[/quote']

Hi there,

Just checked the blog and there is an update..

they have made up the time , after helping the stranded fishing boat and will arrive on schedule.

They are scheduled to go through from 7 am to 4 .30. The Miraflores locks are first, but it also depends on the queue of ships wanting to go through although cruise ships seem to get priority.

Heres the World Clock if its of any help.

http://www.worldclock.org/

All I know is that will be the early hours of Friday morning here and they will be at the other end when I get up.

As I post its coming up to 8.30 pm Wed, in Panama,

1.30 pm Thurs here, and 11.30 am Thurs in Australia.

We are going to those same ports in February - Acapulco' date=' Cabo San Lucas and Huatulco after we have been through the Panama canal. Can't wait![/quote']

Huatulco looks lovely....you will make it there before its overun with tourists and condos:D,,,

although looking at the terrain from the satelite pics , doesnt look like they have much room to spread out. Its charm would lie in it staying small.

Just read Sherees account of the sea rescue and roared with laughter at the thought of 3 stranded fisherman going ashore wearing tees saying

I did the Dawn Princess

Round The World Cruise.

She has a wonderful way of writing.

Thank goodness all turned out OK.

ok after kaking myself laughing reading sheree's blog .... I have gone to world clock...

according to the 7am thursday in panama will be 10 pm here in sydney!! yeah... easier to stay awake than have to get up really early LOL

joanne

ok after kaking myself laughing reading sheree's blog .... I have gone to world clock...according to the 7am thursday in panama will be 10 pm here in sydney!! yeah... easier to stay awake than have to get up really early LOL

joanne

and midnight over here.....:eek::eek:

Archived