Dawn Princess World Cruise

Hi

Checked the airfares, and around $1780 each one way. Not too bad for short notice. DW also checked today re long service leave, and her govt education school policy is to give 3 months prior notice for LSL.....can you believe!!

So am happy to hear only five cabins available, they will be gone by now for sure.

Still looking, particularly for a NZ cruise at the right price.

Thanks,

Bob

It is still more than the cost of a return ticket, at present. (One way fares are a killer, which is why we took a return flight to Milan, for our TA from Genoa, Italy to FL, Florida.)

Yes, I can believe 3 months prior notice for LSL. In fact, where I worked taking LSL was at departmental convenience.

Hi all! Just got home from nz. We were on board for the SYD-AKL leg. Mum, dad and 2 1/2yr old and 13mth old. Had an awesome time. There were 29 kids on board and they were sailing full.

I saw the posts about the MUTS - it was great although not much played on there! (mainly concerts - when its music like Beyonce at a chilly 5pm for elderly people doesn't get many viewers). Mamma Mia on the way into Auckland was great and had a big crowd! I have some pics I can post later if you like and I also have the patters if anyone is interested.

The first night was really rough but after that was great.

Hope they're all still having a great time.

It's on speakers and it is quite loud. Good for music at night but made it a bit difficult for conversations and family time. Depends on the situations I guess.

Sorry the computers playing up so photos will have to wait. See what I can do over the next couple of days.

I know where I would rather be today.

Feeling a bit jaded today nearly 11am and still in my dressing gown, but I am on holidays.

David your photo brightened my day a touch thank you.

maybe now I might go and put that washing out.

Ohhhhh, where have I been I've missed all this excitement, just found this thread now. Of course I new the Dawn Princess was commencing her first World Cruise from Sydney (without me).

Keep up the good work David this is wonderful. I get goosebumps reading and looking at the ports or call, maps and photos.:)

Who cares how old or young anyone is on board a World Cruise, it's got to be the ultimate in cruising for any avid cruiser. The ports of call and places to see all from the ship is just amazing.

I don't really see it as being expensive it's just the duration that adds the dollars up. If you calculated sectors of this world cruise to do one at a time as a cruise itself, I'm sure you'd find it would be more expensive including airfares back and forth than boarding in Sydney and disembarking again 104 days later back in Sydney. And of course don't forget having AUD as the on board currency is also a big help.

Jillybean:D

In San Francisco today.

local time is coming up to 4pm yesterday as I post.

Not much use posting the live port cam pic as the harbour is covered in fog.

Might clear before they sail

You can check it out here.

http://webmarin.com/

Heres the capture from the bridge and the satelite position pics.

29dawnsf1.jpg

29dawnsf2.jpg

29dawnsf3.jpg

Enjoying the pictures and the blogs as I am thinking of doing the same segment next year - New York to LA.

Interested in the weather also as it is the slow start to hurricane season - no other ships or very few crossing the Panama Canal at this time.

Rassa

Archived