Room Service menu same as MDR menu? RCCL.

Tquinn1

I am traveling with someone who is pretty adament about not wanting to dress for formal night this cruise (RCCL FOS)...However, I really want the lobster(s) <---yes, plural...can we order room service on formal nights (or any other, I suppose) from the MDR menu???

You can order dinner from room service, but every night there are a couple of selections not available from the MDR. Lobster would be one of them. Though, if you go to the MDR and ask your waiters they may be able to help you out, on our last cruise we did one formal night in the Windjammer and hubby got some crab cakes from the MDR afterward by asking our waiters if it was possible. I'm not sure if our waiters were just being nice or what, so YMMV.

• 1 month later...

We were on RCCL March 2008. We were able to order anything we wanted off the MDR dinner menu. We did this several nights, but not on a night when lobster was on the menu. Perhaps there is a restiction concerning lobster, but we were not made aware of anything that would not be available on the night that we did order room service.

• 3 weeks later...
On our last couple of RCCL cruises lobster has been served on the last night of the cruise, not on formal night.

Correct - they have never had lobster on formal night anyway. I think moving it to the last night was a stroke of genius and I'm sure there are fewer people skipping out on tips now.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had lobster tail on our formal nights....it may just depend on itinerary or the chef's whim!

And lately, you won't be missing much...the lobster tail isn't as large as it used to be, and you don't get little ramikins of melted, drawn butter anymore....if you ask, they'll pour butter on your plate---it's just not the same!

Archived