What's not to be missed on Maasdam?

DGF

This is great! I'm taking the Holiday cruise to the western Caribbean on the Maasdam over Christmas and am so looking forward to it! I haven't been on a cruise in 20 years and have decided to start making it a yearly activity once again. I've also already signed up for the southern Caribbean cruise in late November 2010 on the Noordam. I would love to go more than once a year, but I own a business and have a new border collie so I'll have to settle for a yearly treat for now.

Ahhh..... :) My two favorite ships, LaurieS.

What good choices you made. :D

Hope you have a wonderful time on both your cruises!

Welcome. Happy you found us here on CC. Pull up a deck chair and stay around. :)

Our first HAL cruise was Noordam III. We had been on other cruise lines. After one hour on Noordam, we knew we had found 'our' cruise line. We've now been on a great many HAL cruises and is the only cruise line on which we cruise.

Well it actually was for our 25th anniversary but this can be used for any romantic evening you want to plan or suprize your hunny. I think its called the anniversay packet. We did not order it ahead of time' date=' but my hubby wanted to suprize me and he talked to some guy at front desk named Marvin.

Marvin actually came in and decorated the cabin with another front desk girl...then they had ordered a beautiful flower bocquet for our table at dinner in the dinning room. Although I couldn't take the flowers with us off the ship as it wouldn't go through customs...I got a lovely bowl out of it. I would recommend if anyone does this "just because" they should do it at the beginning of the cruise so you can enjoy the gorgeous flowers longer in your cabin.

[img']http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/photos/431497452_9r5US-M.jpg[/img]

The package included a bottle of champian and a plate of chocolate as well as the room decorated....you have to do the rest to make it more romantic...;)

Thanks for the info

DEAN

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your thoughts

Our party of six is looking forward to our first time aboard Holland America

Keep your recommendations coming so we don't miss anything

• 1 month later...

Archived