What's not to be missed on Maasdam?

DGF

Will be our first time on Holland American and the Maasdam

Your favourite places and activities would be greatly appreciated to ensure we do not miss any of the ship's highlights

Thanks

Your favourite places and activities would be greatly appreciated to ensure we do not miss any of the ship's highlights

Thanks

The ship is beautiful... I just sailed on her a month ago. I put some interior pictures of the Maasdam on my blog have fun.

Well, I've always been partial to the Piano Bar. The Ocean Bar is another great place to sit back, relax, and listen to the music by night, or look out the windows by day.

I also like the Delft tiles in the show lounge.

Go out to the bow at sailaway one day. See the beautiful bell and watch as the ship sails out of port. Such a Treat!

Notice the art..... really notice it. Some very beautiful paintings, art objects, fabulous art!

When in the dining room, look around you. Look at the magnificent ceiling.

Stand at the brass rail outside Ocean Bar and look down onto the atrium. Look at the magnificent glass centerpiece.

Look at the Delft Tiles in the show lounge. It's such a pretty room.

Enjoy a drink at the bar in Ocean Bar.... Can't tell you how many hours we have sat on those bar stools. :D

Pick the prettiest day and enjoy aft pool. Bring a book; bring your I-pod; bring yourself! Just sit and enjoy. Watch the flag on the stern wave in the wind.

I could go on and on.

We so love that beautiful ship and her great Officers, Staff and Crew.

Thanks

You will be pleased to know that our first ever cruise was on the Maasdam in 2006 in early December. I never wanted to EVER go on a cruise but this was convenient and well priced so I gave in......................

We will now be going on our 8th cruise in October and our 3rd on the Maasdam if that tells you something about what I think of the Maasdam. Of all the ships I have been on with my wife in our limited but intensive cruising career, I love the Maasdam the best. Great library, staff, ambience and food service. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ron

With 15 days in May and 13 more booked on the Maasdam in October, I would have to say the total package.

All of the previous comments are true, however take time out to meet and talk with the various crew members. They are the heart and soul of this ship and are really what makes the MS Maasdam so special.

With 15 days in May and 13 more booked on the Maasdam in October, I would have to say the total package.

All of the previous comments are true, however take time out to meet and talk with the various crew members. They are the heart and soul of this ship and are really what makes the MS Maasdam so special.

That's exactly right and why we return to 'our' :) Maasdam again and again.

Like you, we have lots more days booked to sail her this year and next.

Snip...

Notice the art..... really notice it. Some very beautiful paintings, art objects, fabulous art!

Snip...

Ditto!

I was absolutely blown away by the number of what appear to be museum quality objects. Wow...

An amazingly beautiful and well-tended ship.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

She's a beauty for sure. I would have to say all the above posts plus...

Get up early in the morning and go to the sky deck to hang out with the early birds (we actually made this a habit with several others and we became the 'breakfast club!".) Be sure to grab a cup o coffee in the lido and bring your camera for those spectacular sunrises.

424676147_xQBSY-S.jpg

And there is nothing like an afternoon at sea playing chess...

423882412_FfQLd-S.jpg

Not sure if the aft pool is still there but it sure was relaxing when everyone else was at port...(at least I did that once when I didn't like the Guadeloupe port)...

428722136_T7Bgg-S.jpg

crowsnest is a good place to have a party with friends you met during the cruise...

425071081_Xas7H-S.jpg

And don't forget to order a romantic "get away" cabin night for your hunny...(assuming you are traveling with a significant other that you can do this with)...

425071073_utwUS-S.jpg

I also liked the movie theater with fresh warm popcorn and a pina colada in hand while watching Mama Mia. But I am sure they change the movies up.

To much to list it all...ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

This is great! I'm taking the Holiday cruise to the western Caribbean on the Maasdam over Christmas and am so looking forward to it! I haven't been on a cruise in 20 years and have decided to start making it a yearly activity once again. I've also already signed up for the southern Caribbean cruise in late November 2010 on the Noordam. I would love to go more than once a year, but I own a business and have a new border collie so I'll have to settle for a yearly treat for now.

Joyce and John

What's a "get away" cabin night?

Well it actually was for our 25th anniversary but this can be used for any romantic evening you want to plan or suprize your hunny. I think its called the anniversay packet. We did not order it ahead of time, but my hubby wanted to suprize me and he talked to some guy at front desk named Marvin.

Marvin actually came in and decorated the cabin with another front desk girl...then they had ordered a beautiful flower bocquet for our table at dinner in the dinning room. Although I couldn't take the flowers with us off the ship as it wouldn't go through customs...I got a lovely bowl out of it. I would recommend if anyone does this "just because" they should do it at the beginning of the cruise so you can enjoy the gorgeous flowers longer in your cabin.

431497452_9r5US-M.jpg

The package included a bottle of champian and a plate of chocolate as well as the room decorated....you have to do the rest to make it more romantic...;)

Archived