Pretty blue document case arrived!!!

No Sea Legs

Sailing Sept 6th on Eurodam on Canada/North America cruise....even though we have sailed with HAL before; this is our first document dance....we are now officially excited!

Glad to finally see the pretty blue case everyone has talked about on these boards, and it IS so much better than any others we have received (usually cheap cracked plastic). So three cheers for HAL and their blue case!:)

Congratulations! I'm dancing too, got mine yesterday. Enjoy your cruise. We were on the Eurodam in April and did Canda/New England last year. Both were great so I'm sure some of those same ports while aboard the Eurodam will be wonderful!

Woo Hoo!!!

Enjoy dancing on your doorstep, down the driveway, across the lawn - oh wait, that's what I do. Find your own way to dance around the neighbourhood, but have fun with it. Hope you have a great cruise!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

How come I havent gotten one??? I sail on HAL - Oosterdarm on Sept 4

Either you are set up for electronic docs ... or yours will be coming soon. Also, if you booked HAL air, your paper docs, if you are getting them, will be sent about 30 days out.

Congrats on getting your docs--dance away!

I love the blue folders and I agree with KK. Do save it for future use. I use the blue folders for any tickets/docs when we travel. Next month I'll present my Princess docs from my HAL blue folder when we sail. :)

Congrats - dance away! The blue folders are one of the many "little things" that make HAL special. I am one who hopes that in this electronic age, we can continue to get the real blue folders for a small fee. We love doing the document dance - and as much as I enjoy the computer screen, it's just not the same as the "blue folder."

Chaz

The docs for our September 6 cruise on the Westerdam arrived today. HAL sent all of my groups documents out via FedEx on Monday July 20. They arrived in the FedEx delivery this morning.

Lins,

If you requested paper documents and used a travel agent, HAL will send the docs to the travel agent. In our agency we make copies of everything in the docs, add any flight and hotel confirmations, wrap up the personalized cruise albums we give as gifts and then call the clients to let them know that they are ready and ask if they want to come in and pick them up or have then sent by priority mail. Now that the paper docs aren’t what you really need to board the plane or ship or check into a hotel, the only time we sent items by FedEx is when the package includes paper plane tickets or paper vouchers for hotels or tours.

Our agency has paper documents as the default for documents. HAL doesn’t charge extra for the paper docs yet, but electronic docs are HAL’s default unless the agent specifically requests paper docs. FedEx charges $15 to send out one blue folder full of docs.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Pending Cruises:

HAL – Westerdam, September 6, 2009

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

How come I havent gotten one??? I sail on HAL - Oosterdarm on Sept 4

We also received ours yesterday and we were a bit worried because we're sailing next week, I'm sure this happened because we booked with a TA and we live in Italy. Anyway they're really pretty and I danced in the elevator!!!!!:):):):)

I also use the folders for all of my travel docs whether land or sea. I love it when I'm sailing a different cruiseline, and I pull out my folder at check-in and watch people watch me, wondering why they didn't get one. I have actually had other passengers and airline agents ask where I got the nice pouch.

But....with the current economy and the use of e-docs, I have a feeling they're not long for this world, so I'm taking care of the ones I have.

You can appear to be a seasoned cruiser if you stop by the gift shop and pick up a lanyard (hangs your shipboard credentials around your neck) and then to the Front Desk to have a nice hole punched in your plastic credentials.

This important document will never get lost hanging around your neck wherever you go.

Better yet, bring a "cool" lanyard with you for your credentials.

Sailing Sept 6th on Eurodam on Canada/North America cruise....even though we have sailed with HAL before; this is our first document dance....we are now officially excited!

Glad to finally see the pretty blue case everyone has talked about on these boards, and it IS so much better than any others we have received (usually cheap cracked plastic). So three cheers for HAL and their blue case!:)

Congrat's not to much longer, I remember the Blue Case. I would spread out the documents and just keep looking and reading them over and over Have a great time!

To all of you who have written and offered congratulations for our pretty blue folder, and upcoming cruise....we thank you....so excited, and reading them and re-reading them.

Happy sailings to all of you.

No Sea Legs:rolleyes:

We sailed Sept 5 last year same intinerary and had a wonderful cruise:) Wishing the same for you. I wrote a review about our cruise,I don't know how to do a link thingee but you can find it under the threads I have posted ,its called Eurodam Our Story

We loved the Eurodam....Tamarind ...Silk Den...you are in for such a treat. Have the best time ! H:)ppy Sailings

Archived