Saguenay, Quebec

Sharon in AZ

On our cruise itinerary (sailing Eurodam Aug 27th, Canada/New England), the port of Saguenay states:

Day 8:

Saguenay, Quebec 8:00 am (arrive) 5:00 pm (depart)

Scenic cruising Saguenay Fjord

Does anyone know what this means? Do we arrive at 8:00 am and passengers with tours disembark and we the sail again and cruise the fjord?...then pick up passengers again at 5:00 pm. I'm confused. It doesn't look like a tender port according to my documents. Maybe this is something similar to ports in Alaska, so maybe someone knows what this means.

On our cruise itinerary (sailing Eurodam Aug 27th, Canada/New England), the port of Saguenay states:

Day 8:

Saguenay, Quebec 8:00 am (arrive) 5:00 pm (depart)

Scenic cruising Saguenay Fjord

Does anyone know what this means? Do we arrive at 8:00 am and passengers with tours disembark and we the sail again and cruise the fjord?...then pick up passengers again at 5:00 pm. I'm confused. It doesn't look like a tender port according to my documents. Maybe this is something similar to ports in Alaska, so maybe someone knows what this means.

0n our May, Maasdam cruise we sailed though the fjords starting around 6:00 AM; I was on Navigation Deck Sea View Pool with part of the decks coated with ice!:eek: It was cold but such a beautiful passage on our cruise. Plan on getting up early. It's worth it. Of course heading East may be the opposite or different. Will find out in October when we sail the Maasdam back to Florida. Of course on this board the answer is probably already posted as I type.

Great cruising area. Enjoy.

The E-dam has a different itinerary from the Maasdam. The E-dam will have a port day, and then scenic cruising on the way back to the river, on the way to Quebec City. On a pretty day the fjord is beautiful; I haven't been up it on a bad weather day.

0n our May, Maasdam cruise we sailed though the fjords starting around 6:00 AM; I was on Navigation Deck Sea View Pool with part of the decks coated with ice!:eek: It was cold but such a beautiful passage on our cruise. Plan on getting up early. It's worth it. Of course heading East may be the opposite or different.

Great cruising area. Enjoy.

Thanks so much for your reply. So, did you stop at all to disembark passengers for excursions? About sailing heading east/west, maybe it is the same because of entering the fjord.

The E-dam has a different itinerary from the Maasdam. The E-dam will have a port day, and then scenic cruising on the way back to the river, on the way to Quebec City. On a pretty day the fjord is beautiful; I haven't been up it on a bad weather day.

That is what I'm confused about.....I think you are saying they are two different days....but they are really the same day. Maybe the scenic cruising is just the before and after the port time.

Did this ship/itinerary last October. (Eastbound fm QC)

Stopped in Saguenay-nice new pier facilities, no tender. Were there all day for excursions.

Cruised the fjord after departure. Very scenic. Lots of light 'til late.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Mark

That is what I'm confused about.....I think you are saying they are two different days....but they are really the same day. Maybe the scenic cruising is just the before and after the port time.

That's not what I'm trying to say. You've got it that the scenic cruising is the ride up/down the fjord after the stop in the port.

Think of the fjord as a "side street" off the "main street" of the river.

No port time. Just going to be sail the Fjord durning those times. It's a sea day. No one gets off. There are no excursions for that day.

Joanne

That's not correct on the E-dam itinerary. It is true on the Maasdam itinerary. It's easy to be confused, as the itinerary out of NYC used to be almost identical to the one out of Boston.

No port time. Just going to be sail the Fjord durning those times. It's a sea day. No one gets off. There are no excursions for that day.

Joanne

Joanne.......it is the same day, not two different days. That's why I was confused when the 'scenic cruising' took place. When looking at my docs it shows it as Day 8, which I believe is Sept 4th for us.

Can't wait to meet you onboard! Looking forward to a great cruise!

That's not what I'm trying to say. You've got it that the scenic cruising is the ride up/down the fjord after the stop in the port.

Think of the fjord as a "side street" off the "main street" of the river.

Ruth, I see what you mean now & it makes perfect sense. Thanks for your help!

Did this ship/itinerary last October. (Eastbound fm QC)

Stopped in Saguenay-nice new pier facilities, no tender. Were there all day for excursions.

Cruised the fjord after departure. Very scenic. Lots of light 'til late.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark! Do you have any excursion suggestions for Saguenay?

DW had signed up for the sea kayaking excursion, which was cancelled due to lack of interest. Since she had not been informed of this little fact, they re-booked her (gratis) on the one called The Craftsman Road, which she adored. (Try some unpasteurized cheese.)

I had demurred on the kayak adventure, and just wandered around town, which is small, friendly, and scenic.

Have a great visit and cruise. This is a super itinerary.

Mark

Archived