Seabourn 65% off Europe/Asia 2010 sale

WesW

Will these savings apply to UK customers as well I wonder. There appears to be nothing on the Seabourn UK site!

Shelagh

New ruling. They do not show discount % on UK offers now but only actual price and I think the prices have come down.

David

Shelagh

New ruling. They do not show discount % on UK offers now but only actual price and I think the prices have come down.

David

eg. 2 cruises we were looking at for 2010. Legend 2 weeks was last week from £5382 today from £3999. Odyssey 3 weeks was from £7650 now £6649. The benefit seems greater in 2 week cruises as 3 weeks already gave higher reduction.

eg. 2 cruises we were looking at for 2010. Legend 2 weeks was last week from £5382 today from £3999. Odyssey 3 weeks was from £7650 now £6649. The benefit seems greater in 2 week cruises as 3 weeks already gave higher reduction.

That's not 65% though is it!

Seabourn may use marketing gimmicks to increase sales. From my own isolated experience in 2004, where I had booked the B2B crossing / Panama Canal cruises, I was tempted. Before final payment, I received a bulk mailing from Seabourn stating my PC cruise was something like 60% off (as opposed to 45% off when I booked it onboard). I asked my TA to look into it and I was advised the 60% off PC cruise was more expensive that my original booking. Food for thought before plunking down a deposit.

Croce: If you have done your research and you are getting a good deal while your dream vacation is somewhat in the future, I would recommend you consider "striking while the iron is hot." Discounts could be reduced or evaporate as the ship approaches capacity. When I have waited to book onboard to get that extra 5%, I found the selection more limited or, in my case, the capacity-controlled discounted single supplements were already used.

Are we perhaps looking a gift horse in the mouth? We want huge savings but God forbid SB should try to cut back on its service or food to accommodate the price difference. Let's just be happy we have the opportunity to save so much more at this treacherous time in the world's economy.

We are going on Pride on 8th October, and note that in the UK it is now being offered at £2639 (presumably a guarantee) which is about 62% off the full brochure price. Can't find any others with so much off.

Guess this is because it is not too well booked; usually some US people go on these late ones to continue with the TA, which they say is cheaper than business class flights home.

This is my first attempt at a message; hope it works.

Marja - We had already booked our trip, as dear husband is not prepared to risk a guarantee (one or two suites we find noisy), and presumably you could not insist on being moved. We did only pay a little more than the current price, however.

However, I do wonder what the Seabourn policy is on guarantees - one feels they ought to move up everyone who has paid more, and certainly this happened to us last time, from a booked A2 grade to a B3, which was very nice. We have already done about 90 days with Seabourn; don't know whether being a fairly long standing customer makes any difference. Anybody know if there is any policy on what happens?

Marja - we had already booked this cruise (at not too much more) as dear husband is unwilling to risk a guarantee (there are just a few noisy suites and we were once in one).

Is there any policy on where guarantees go? We were upgraded last time from a booked A2 to a B3, which was very nice. Does this normally happen, with the early bookers being moved up? We have done about 90 days with Seabourn already, so are hopefully getting on the list of those who have done lots.

We are going on Pride on 8th October, and note that in the UK it is now being offered at £2639 (presumably a guarantee) which is about 62% off the full brochure price. Can't find any others with so much off.

Guess this is because it is not too well booked; usually some US people go on these late ones to continue with the TA, which they say is cheaper than business class flights home.

This is my first attempt at a message; hope it works.

The offers are for 2010

Archived