Balcony Dividers

Does anyone know for sure if the balcony dividers open up between rooms on balconies for rooms in D-2 category, 9370, and 9372, 9374?

First of all it´s hard to say, without knowing which ship you are sailing on.

Secondly the opening of balcony dividers is something the Captain of a ship / sailing decides on, so even if they technically can be opened there´s no guarantee it will be done for you.

I've been on 3 cruises(RC - Voyager and Freedom, and 1 Princess) and on all of them I have been able to have the divider's opened as my family has always traveled in rooms next to each other. Just ask your room attendant on the first day and it will be done right away.

I've been on 3 cruises(RC - Voyager and Freedom, and 1 Princess) and on all of them I have been able to have the divider's opened as my family has always traveled in rooms next to each other. Just ask your room attendant on the first day and it will be done right away.
Just because it happened on 3 cruises no guarantee it will happen on on #4. Every cruise is different.

Does anyone know for sure if the balcony dividers open up between rooms on balconies for rooms in D-2 category, 9370, and 9372, 9374?

Are you still on the Mariner, even though you switched to D cabins?

The dividers are physically capable of being opened, but as madforcruising said, you still need permission to get them opened, and that permission is not guaranteed.

Just because it happened on 3 cruises no guarantee it will happen on on #4. Every cruise is different.

I didn't say it was guarantee. I said to ask. I was just offering my experience that every time I have asked it has never been a problem so most likely it will not be a problem for the OP. Calm down advice police.

We have had the balcony open on Liberty but on Navigator and Mariner they would not.

We did ask and were told by our steward as well as guest services that it is up to the Captain.

Also Ruby Princess had a very small door that opened and we did have Steward open it but it banged to much so we had him lock it again.

Depends on the ship and the Captain.

I'm sure you won't be able to tell for sure until your onboard and ask.

I didn't say it was guarantee. I said to ask. I was just offering my experience that every time I have asked it has never been a problem so most likely it will not be a problem for the OP. Calm down advice police.

haha be careful.. Some people would bite your head off if they can come through the screen. From my experience, or I should clarify, My parents experience b/c they stay in balcony cabins and I normally snag a interior. Case by case basis. Sometimes they've been able to have this divider opened and other times no luck. So just try and ask and maybe you'll be lucky enough..

Happy Cruising

We were on Mariner on the East Coast, and there was a door in the middle of the balcony divider. It seemed like that would be easy enough to have unlocked if you knew the people next door.

I don't know for sure, but I think it is unlikely that they will open the dividers on Mariner on the West coast. They are heavy, and the seas get rough, or bouncy anyway. You can always ask, there is certainly nothing wrong with asking. :)

Unless they completely redesigned the balconies on Voyager, you couldn't have had the dividers opened because the balconies on Voyager (and Explorer and Adventure) are cut out of the hull of the ship. The dividers did not physically open. On Mariner and Navigator, the balcony dividers can be opened, except on those that are directly aft. Those dividers are metal and built-in to the ship.

Sorry I left out the ship, Mariner

Yes, the dividers are physically able to be opened on the cabins you list. As others have mentioned, it will depend on what the captain is allowing during your cruise.

beachchick

I appreciate all the comments about balcony dividers. I had posted a couple of threads RE this question and still hadn't recieved any response. We are sailing Voyager in Jan 2010. I will wait til we arrive and ask the room steward. We are in E1 cabins, 3 in a row, on the 8th deck. We hope we are lucky.

thanks

I appreciate all the comments about balcony dividers. I had posted a couple of threads RE this question and still hadn't recieved any response. We are sailing Voyager in Jan 2010. I will wait til we arrive and ask the room steward. We are in E1 cabins, 3 in a row, on the 8th deck. We hope we are lucky.

thanks

Unless they completely redesigned the balconies on Voyager, you couldn't have had the dividers opened because the balconies on Voyager (and Explorer and Adventure) are cut out of the hull of the ship. The dividers did not physically open. On Mariner and Navigator, the balcony dividers can be opened, except on those that are directly aft. Those dividers are metal and built-in to the ship.

Yes, the dividers are physically able to be opened on the cabins you list. As others have mentioned, it will depend on what the captain is allowing during your cruise.

beachchick

We were on Mariner the first week of June, 2 hump balconies side by side. They would not open them up for us :0( We had calm seas, no excuse there. From what we were able to find out, that is the norm for Mariner....locked balcony dividers.

• 2 months later...

Probably not. The newest (Freedom Class) are able to be opened....

If you could open the dividers, you truly lose any privacy you had, since your neighbor is able to see into your cabin from the balcony. Keeping drapes closed all the time sort of defeats the whole purpose of the balcony!

If you were on Voyager of the seas, I find it hard to believe you had the divider opened since they don't open on that ship. Within the Voyager class, only Mariner and Navigator have dividers that open.

Archived