prayers needed crew members Oosterdam

Teresa Price

Seacruise is reporting on another forum that two members of the stage team changing our the show about 11:30pm. One lost his balance on a scaffold and fell, taking the other crew member with him. Both hit their heads on the stage when they fell. the ship returned to Turkey and offloaded the two at 2:30am.

The report from the Captain is one crew member has been released from the hospital and will rejoin the ship tomorrow. The other crew member is in serious condition and been moved to another hospital in Turkey.

EM

Seacruise is reporting on another forum that two members of the stage team changing our the show about 11:30pm. One lost his balance on a scaffold and fell, taking the other crew member with him. Both hit their heads on the stage when they fell. the ship returned to Turkey and offloaded the two at 2:30am.

The report from the Captain is one crew member has been released from the hospital and will rejoin the ship tomorrow. The other crew member is in serious condition and been moved to another hospital in Turkey.

EM

Thanks for the heads up!

Seacruise is reporting on another forum that two members of the stage team changing our the show about 11:30pm. One lost his balance on a scaffold and fell, taking the other crew member with him. Both hit their heads on the stage when they fell. the ship returned to Turkey and offloaded the two at 2:30am. The report from the Captain is one crew member has been released from the hospital and will rejoin the ship tomorrow. The other crew member is in serious in Turkey.

EM

Thanks for the update, Essiesmom. That is so sad...head injuries are very scary. I'm glad one is being released, and hope the other crew member is released soon, too.

Our prayers are being added to those already offered - we know how hard the crew work so that we can have the best time possible onboard. Best wishes for a full recovery for both of them.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

EM

Thanks so much for the update. I am happy to hear that one stagehand has been released from hospital and am keeping the other one in my thoughts and prayers.

Valerie

Hi everyone,

many thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. The news agency was nearly right! It was two members of the stage team. The stage manager was in the stage 'pit' when another member of the team misplaced his footing and fell the 12 feet or so onto the stage manager [who is rejoining us today]. He has head injuries but last night they were downgraded from critical to stable. He is in hospital in Izmir with a fellow member of the crew who is looking after him. We are all pleased here that things are looking up for him.

And yes there were a few whingers yesterday who were not happy with our late arrival - it's all about me with some people!

Anyway thanks once again for all your replys - you guys are the best!

I will let you know any more as soon as the Captain gives us an update - sorry i didn't make it back to you yesterday,

love from Teresa

Hi everyone,

last night the captain had to turn the ship around and head back to our last port of Kussadsi [sp]. There was a serious accident onboard involving two crew members and we had to get them to hospital. The captain has asked for our prayers for these guys so I pass this on to the many good people on these boards. We don't know any details yet but are just keeping our fingers crossed. We have now reached Santorini a few hours late - but who cares.

Otherwise this is a great cruise and have met many lovely people.

I will get back to you later,

take care Teresa

Joining in with prayer for these two workers, may God be with them!

Hi everyone,

many thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. The news agency was nearly right! It was two members of the stage team. The stage manager was in the stage 'pit' when another member of the team misplaced his footing and fell the 12 feet or so onto the stage manager [who is rejoining us today]. He has head injuries but last night they were downgraded from critical to stable. He is in hospital in Izmir with a fellow member of the crew who is looking after him. We are all pleased here that things are looking up for him.

And yes there were a few whingers yesterday who were not happy with our late arrival - it's all about me with some people!

Anyway thanks once again for all your replys - you guys are the best!

I will let you know any more as soon as the Captain gives us an update - sorry i didn't make it back to you yesterday,

love from Teresa

Thanks for the update.

Glad all is well with the stage crew.

Teresa, thank you so very much for the update. It's a relief to know that both crew members are doing better. I'm also glad to know that the one kept in the hospital is not alone in a foreign land.

Teresa Price said:

And yes there were a few whiners yesterday who were not happy with our late arrival -- it's all about "me" with some people!
Thus proving the old saying, "There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses."

They walk among us! Hope they each got a sign:cool:

Pater noster, qui es in cælis,

sanctificetur nomen tuum;

adveniat regnum tuum;

fiat voluntas tua,

sicut in caelo et in terra.

Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie,

et dimitte nobis debita nostra,

sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;

et ne nos inducas in tentationem

Sed libera nos a malo. Amen

22-Flowers-1.gif

Pater noster, qui es in cælis,

sanctificetur nomen tuum;

adveniat regnum tuum;

fiat voluntas tua,

sicut in caelo et in terra.

Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie,

et dimitte nobis debita nostra,

sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;

et ne nos inducas in tentationem

Sed libera nos a malo. Amen

22-Flowers-1.gif

In Tagalog:

Ama naming nasa langit, Sambahin nawa ang pangalan mo

Ikaw nawa ang maghari sa amin. Sundin nawa ang iyong kalooban dito sa lupa tulad ng sa langit

Bigyan mo kaming pagkaing kailangan naming sa araw na ito.

At patawarin mo kami sa aming mga kasalanan, tulad ng aming pagpapatawad sa mga nagkasala sa amin

At huwag mo kaming iharap sa mahigpit na pagsubok, kundi ilayo mo kami sa masama!

Sapagkat iyo ang kaharian at ang kapangyarihan at ang kapurihan, magpakailan man! Amen

In Indonesian:

Bapa kami yang ada di surga,

dimuliakanlah nama-Mu.

Datanglah kerajaan-Mu.

Jadilah kehendak-Mu

di atas bumi seperti di dalam surga.

Berilah kami rezeki pada hari ini,

dan ampunilah kesalahan kami,

seperti kami pun mengampuni

yang bersalah kepada kami.

Dan janganlah masukkan kami

ke dalam pencobaan,

tetapi bebaskanlah kami dari yang jahat.

Amin.

Teresa Price said: Thus proving the old saying, "There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses."

We hit an awful storm one night during a cruise and the dining room staff had to get out of bed (after just setting up the dining room for breakfast) to stow everything away. The next morning in the dining room I heard someone complain that he was still waiting for his orange juice. The waiter very diplomatically explained that everything had to be secured during the storm and that it would take a little longer to bring everything out.

Archived