Soft Drinks and Water

snorkling lady

Hi,

Anyone know whether Oceania will be including soft drinks and water on the Nautica for the Splendors Down Under cruise on 1/23/2010? I have a friend who drinks a lot of Coke---

Thank you in advance and we are really looking forward to this voyage.

Snorkling Lady

Sorry, no, I don't think they will. They have announced they will be including free bottled water and sodas on select cruises (although it appears to be all of them) beginning with the Summer, 2010 season, which starts around April. In the case of Nautica, that will be after she returns to the Mediterranean after the Asian/Australian season.

They have also not announced what form the drinks will be taking. they have no fountain sodas on the ships now, so I'm hoping thye continue to serve cans, but they may go to a convenience-store type of soda fountain in conjunction with the free sodas (just guessing on my part).

In the meantime, Cokes should be plentiful in ports in Australia and your friend can carry on as many as they like. We generally book a Category A just so I can get a fridge for that purpose -- I like my Diet Pepsi nice and cold, first thing in the morning. Once they start offering the free sodas, I guess I'm going to have to pinch my nose and drink Diet Cokes...:rolleyes:

Watch the Diet Coke! Different countries have slightly different taste because of local bottlers. Bet in Australia they manage to get some Passion Fruit flavor. Aussies do love Passion Fruit anything. :p

More better to include soft drinks and bottled water gratis in cruise fare.........cheaper than smoothies and milkshakes, no?

Ah, you have probably not heard about my "addiction". I once brought 3 cases (72 cans) of Diet Pepsi aboard and ran out before the end of the cruise (in my defense, it was a 26 day cruise). I have never had a smoothie in my life and average one milkshake per cruise. I will run the cruise line broke on Diet Cokes alone (I have been practicing for the switch to Diet Coke by drinking Sam's Diet Cola -- $1 per 6 pack)).

I will run the cruise line broke on Diet Cokes alone (I have been practicing for the switch to Diet Coke by drinking Sam's Diet Cola -- $1 per 6 pack)).

LOL!:D Don, it is such a pleasure to read your posts! Please keep them coming.

Pam

BTW, we've been the lucky ones on our two Oceania cruises; I love iced tea (far preferable to me than carbonated beverages), and onboard it is both delicious and free.

BTW, we've been the lucky ones on our two Oceania cruises; I love iced tea (far preferable to me than carbonated beverages), and onboard it is both delicious and free.

I can't drink any tea ever since my Mom made me drink it when I was a kid if I had an upset tummy. I associate one with the other -- same with ginger ale.

Betsy has turned into a true southerner since moving to Florida over 37 years ago -- her iced tea has to be Sweet Tea. She believes it's not the same to add sweetener to unsweetened iced tea. So, on Oceania, she brews her own tea in the teapots available at the drink station in the Terrace buffet, then transfers it to an insulated cup (we bring our own, I use mine for lemonade) with copious amounts of ice.

The servers are generally horrified that she is doing it herself the first time or two they see her doing it, but they soon learn to leave her alone. That's part of the great service -- they know when to let the guest do their own thing!

I agree...cappuccinos and milkshakes, and often coffee, cost more when eating out than a soft drink, and I drink neither, nor coffee or tea.

I am Don's alter ego, a Diet Coke addict. I plan to bring it on board with me.

Yet, I can't understand how you can't have it in place of the others...

More better to include soft drinks and bottled water gratis in cruise fare.........cheaper than smoothies and milkshakes, no?

Hi Vaitape.

Couldn't agree with you more! Should be included in the fare. And you are right, sure is cheaper then milkshakes or smoothies.

Happy Cruising,

Snorkling Lady

Ah, you have probably not heard about my "addiction". I once brought 3 cases (72 cans) of Diet Pepsi aboard and ran out before the end of the cruise (in my defense, it was a 26 day cruise). I have never had a smoothie in my life and average one milkshake per cruise. I will run the cruise line broke on Diet Cokes alone (I have been practicing for the switch to Diet Coke by drinking Sam's Diet Cola -- $1 per 6 pack)).

Loved your 72 can story!

Thanks and Happy Cruising,

Snorkling Lady

LOL!:D Don, it is such a pleasure to read your posts! Please keep them coming.

Pam

Thanks Pam. My friend does drink iced tea, so this will be a good alternative for him in case he doesn't want to buy coke in the ports.

Happy Cruising,

Snorkling Lady

Don, your tummy must be steel coated.:)

Just got back from Mediterranean Tapistry cruise Venice to Bacelona. Had my chocolate malted everyday at 3 pm

. Remminded me of the corner candy store and soda shop in my old neighborhood in Flatbush.

Oh God I miss the milkshakes. I splurged and had several on my recent cruise. They were WONDERFUL.

Personally, for Oceania's level of cruising, it would be nice if bottled water and soda were included on all cruises.

Just got back from Mediterranean Tapistry cruise Venice to Bacelona. Had my chocolate malted everyday at 3 pm

. Remminded me of the corner candy store and soda shop in my old neighborhood in Flatbush.

Malteds were great.....but no egg creams onboard. :(

Jacquie

Malteds were great.....but no egg creams

I don't see how there could be, there is no soda fountain at the ice cram bar.

An egg cream consists of chocolate syrup, milk, and seltzer (soda water), probably dating from the late 19th century, and is especially associated with Brooklyn, home of its alleged inventor, candy store owner Louis Auster. It contains neither eggs nor cream.

Oh God I miss the milkshakes. I splurged and had several on my recent cruise. They were WONDERFUL.

Personally, for Oceania's level of cruising, it would be nice if bottled water and soda were included on all cruises.

And they will be, starting next April on the 2010 European collection cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I am preparing for my first Oceania cruise (honeymoon!) on November 15th. I know that water and soft drinks are not free, but assumed the milkshakes were. Does it cost extra for a milkshake? What about ice cream/dessert? I'm working off the assumption the only food/beverages I will be paying for is water, as my fiancee and I don't drink soda or alcohol.

Thanks

-Jay

I am preparing for my first Oceania cruise (honeymoon!) on November 15th. I know that water and soft drinks are not free, but assumed the milkshakes were. Does it cost extra for a milkshake? What about ice cream/dessert? I'm working off the assumption the only food/beverages I will be paying for is water, as my fiancee and I don't drink soda or alcohol.

Thanks

-Jay

soft drinks, bottled water. beer, wine & alcohol there is a charge

Milkshakes, tap water (which is fine), coffee, ice cream, food, cappuccino, espresso, lemonade, ice tea, fruit punch, hot chocolate, tea all are FREE

If I forgot something someone will chirp in :D

coffee, ice cream, food, cappuccino

You mean I can have a cappuccino (or a latte?)for free and don't have to drink that horrible stewed coffee that is in an urn that they seem to have on all cruise ships?

That is great news if its true.. I'm a caffeine addict and the stewed stuff doesnt sit all that well with me..

Cheers

Sorry to spoil your dreams of "free" things on cruise. Some items are "included" in your cruise fare, other items that you have to sign for are extra charges. If you want everything for "free" you have to travel on a few of the costlier luxury lines where everything is "included" in the tariff.:p:p

David

You mean I can have a cappuccino (or a latte?)for free and don't have to drink that horrible stewed coffee that is in an urn that they seem to have on all cruise ships?

Cheers

Ok maybe not FREE as David has pointed out but it is included at no extra charge unlike Princess et all that charge for good coffee

Not sure if they do Latte but probably could be arranged:)

We find the coffee good on O

The self serve station if you play around with it it can taste good ;)

We add a little extra hot water to the cup

Lyn

Archived