Top Floor Rooms

shua22

How's the noise level in the rooms on the top floor. They are kind of near the observation lounge. On the Voyager, room 1105, for example.

Any comments on grand suite on voyager?

Thanks!

The suites on the Voyager are well insultated. However, the suites on deck 11 may have quite a few people during the day (at the swimming pool) and in the evening, going to and from the Observation deck. While I would not expect it to be noisy, there could be a lot of people around.

When my friend was deciding upon which Grand Suite to book on the Voyager for our upcoming cruise, she decided upon one on Deck 7.

Thanks... with the baltic weather in early september would you expect many people to be using the pool?

How did your firend like the layout of the grand suite?

I doubt if many people will be in the pool on a September Baltic cruise. As far as my friend, we are both on the September 6th sailing of the Voyager (Southampton to Monte Carlo). I will be posting live from the Voyager -- will definitely comment on the grand suite on deck 7!

I'll do you one better and let you know how it was -- as we pass eachother in southampton! My trip is 8/28 to 9/7

That is really funny:D:D:D Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Please remember to post so we can read all about it.

Thanks... with the baltic weather in early september would you expect many people to be using the pool?

How did your firend like the layout of the grand suite?

No Pool activity in Sept!!!! We did the Baltic on Voyager the end of August last year and it was COLD.... they did not serve food out there and I know that NOBODY got in that pool our entire cruise....wind/rain nasty weather....Copenhagen and Stockholm had wonderful weather and it rained the rest of the time......never bothered us as the cruise was wonderful and every day packed with tours.....no one let the nasty weather get to us and the cruise was everything we ever dreamed of......Enjoy

The August 21 Baltic cruise will be our first time on Voyager. I take it from this thread that the main pool is not heated, correct? Do many people use the hot tubs, then?

Nope, definitely not the priority, and we are doing tours morning and afternoon every day. Plus we'll run to the exercise room after the afternoon activities, around 5:30ish. But the reward of dipping in some relaxing water then, before going to dinner, is always an attractive option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not stayed in any of these suites, but this area seems really quiet to me. There is no one above you. Yes, there will be some people going down the hallway to the observation lounge. But it has never seemed noisy to me in this area.

very quiet and I felt it was convenient. HOWEVER--they have a spaceship type of shower in the middle of the bathroom--kind of oval. Door didn't close well and I had to wipe the floor up every time my husband took a shower. This did it for me--we moved on down to the 7th where they have a normal shower. That was my only complaint.

We have been in 1101, it is a great cabin. We had early reservations about the proximity to the observation lounge, but it was no problem. It really is a nice quiet area of the ship and very convenient to the lounge, pool deck and La Veranda. The butler that is there frequently, Ian, is a jewel that will enhance your trip everyday. Enjoy!

Archived