Photos they take on board - can I wait until the end to see them and choose?

scrapulous

They don't destroy the old pictures when new ones are put up. The pictures from the previous day are put into tubs that are out on a table in the photo area. We always wait until the last morning of the cruise to pick out our favorite pictures. If you buy pictures on the first day, you cannot exchange them for pictures from a later date.

I usually tell my kids to go round up all of our pictures for the week so that we can go through them and decide which ones we like enough to buy.

8 X 10 pics run about $22 apiece, so make sure you are really happy with the ones you decided to buy.

It's always a madhouse on that last day with THOUSANDS of people digging through the tubs. Almost like a "Black Friday" sale. OK--maybe not thousands. But, there are definitely more people in the photo gallery than socially comfortable. And, with so many people digging through the photos, they start to get mixed up. So, your after looking through the thousands (yes!) of Embarkation photos in the tub and not finding yours, you *may* accidentally stumble upon it when looking through the thousands of Muster Drill photos.

Ugh--it makes my head hurt.

So, you should definitely check your photos daily, and purchase them on-the-spot if you like them. There's nothing worse than "losing" that great photo because you can no longer find it.

For our upcoming cruise, I will make it my mission to capture a photo of the Photo Gallery madness to share here.

CeleBrat

Oh--and one more thing. For those of you who are scrapbookers. If you wait until the end-of-cruise, dig-thru-the tub session, remember that everyone will be touching your photos as they dig through the stacks of photos to find them. Lots of extra fingerprints--and potential long-term photo damage.

CeleBrat

It's always a madhouse on that last day with THOUSANDS of people digging through the tubs. Almost like a "Black Friday" sale. OK--maybe not thousands. But, there are definitely more people in the photo gallery than socially comfortable. And, with so many people digging through the photos, they start to get mixed up. So, your after looking through the thousands (yes!) of Embarkation photos in the tub and not finding yours, you *may* accidentally stumble upon it when looking through the thousands of Muster Drill photos.

Ugh--it makes my head hurt.

So, you should definitely check your photos daily, and purchase them on-the-spot if you like them. There's nothing worse than "losing" that great photo because you can no longer find it.

For our upcoming cruise, I will make it my mission to capture a photo of the Photo Gallery madness to share here.

CeleBrat

Wow thousands of pics in the tubs. How will I know which one is mine?

I would think seeing you or your family might indicate that the pics are yours!! ;)

Seriously though you will have to look at a lot of pics to find what you are looking for

Well, if you don't recognize yourself, I guess you wouldn't want to buy...

Seriously, the pictures are grouped as to when/where they are taken. they will be re-posted each day. Toward the end of a longer cruise, if they are running out of space, that's when the earliest ones are put in the tubs. Go around each day, and look for yourself. It is hard enough locating your pictures when it is posted in an organized manner. It will be nigh impossible if you have to dig through a tub. EM

We try to grab photos of ourselves each day and put them behind our most current ones. This takes a bit of organizing each day. With any luck, the majority of them will all be together in a stack in one of the viewing kiosks by the last day or so.

iagree.gif with the poster above who said to buy'em when you see'em, if you like'em, because I don't care much for crowds.

I'm pretty selective, never (or rarely) buying the pics that are embarkation/port day pics (since i am usually looking like hell after traveling all day to get to the ship or not caring how I look since I will most likely be diving, and the fish don't care, so why should I?), but will often get the elegant night dinner photos.

My husband gets a little peeved, but I purchase the embarkation photo every year (yes... I look terrible :)).: It is the one thing that marks the beginning of our vacation.

I didn't purchase as many photos as I did the previous year, but we also did'nt get as gussied up as our first cruise. We have so few family pictures, that it is nice when we get our "cruise" photos.

I don't ever remember seeing any tubs, but I've always seen, and I mean always seen pics that have been taken a couple days before, still up and posted in the photo gallery.

But yeah, I wouldn't wait too long to make a decision.

I would go each day and go thru the pictures that i may want to buy and toss out the ones that i dont then the night before we debark i buy all the pones i really like.... But on our first cruise i thought as most of you that you had to buy the pictures as they came up and u know what i ended up with over 400 in pics.... aaauugghhh but i guess you can say memories....

I bought one and only one picture on our last cruise. It was a CC group pic. My biggest complaint with Carnival is their insane photo gallery. I usually get frustrated trying to find all of our pictures. If there is one I really want I buy it on the spot. After a few days of looking for our pics in the gallery I usually say forget it and leave them without buying. If they had a better system I'd buy a heck of alot more pictures.

I'm reading Carnival's FAQ's and it says they display photos in the photo gallery for one day, then put up new ones the next day. Do I have to choose daily, or can I wait until the end to view and choose?

Last time we had some great photos go missing while photos were moved and consolidated through the week.

I'll buy the excellent formal family shot as soon as I see it now!

I always pick out a couple of nice ones from elegant night. Sometimes the embarkation photo. Only buy the ones from the dining room or getting off the ship if they are really good (of me, LOL).

But $22 for an 8 X 10? Have you priced a sitting at a department store or OMills type establishment? $22 is cheap!

Archived