It looked like a Sear's clearance sale!!!

Got off the Monarch this morning....as you exit to the street at Port Canaveral, they had a table set up for people to claim the items that were confiscated at check-in. There must have been 15 irons, a large double-size fan (about 12X36), coffee pots, etc. We got a chuckle.

It wasn't until our 15th cruise in May 2008 that we even noticed the table at the door. Only when we had to claim our small fan, an 8" clip on, that we ever had to visit the table.

It was full of irons (I could not believe how many!), mostly booze bottles and a few toys that looked like weapons. I didn't notice any coffee makers, but I think there was a blender there.

Edit to add, many people here on CC didn't believe that they took our little fan. It was the first time we took one, I got the idea here on CC.

Wow...no fans, huh? I was planning on bringing a small clip on one that my daughter used at camp just for "white noise". We're booked in a JS (under the pool) and from what I've read on these boards, you can hear them moving the deck chairs around at 4:30 or 5:00 every morning. When did they start the "no fans" policy?

Wow...no fans, huh? I was planning on bringing a small clip on one that my daughter used at camp just for "white noise". We're booked in a JS (under the pool) and from what I've read on these boards, you can hear them moving the deck chairs around at 4:30 or 5:00 every morning. When did they start the "no fans" policy?

I always bring a small fan that fits in my luggage, I've taken it on like 19 cruises. It's UL listed, it is not on the list of things not to bring onboard and uses less energy than a curling iron. I think if they stopped me from bringing it I'd stop cruising. I've never had a stateroom that cooled adequately for me.

I've never noticed the table of confiscated items before either. I'm sure there are many who never read their cruise contract and are unaware of items you cannot bring....they know now! On my 1st cruise with RCI I purchased a travel iron in one of the ships on-board shops! My, how things have changed!!

Surprised at the small fan tho. I've got a couple of battery operated ones that fit in a carry-on or purse that I bring with me....and extra batteries. If you're not used to heat &/or humidity a fan comes in handy.

Wow, the majority of staterooms we have been in were like iceboxes when the air conditioning was on

You should keep a list of your staterooms for me. :D Seriously, we like it cold and make an effort to keep the drapes closed too. Women my age tend to have their own personal summers and power surges. :rolleyes:

There is no problem...bring the fan.

Bring the curling iron, electric curlers, straightening irons....bring 'em all.

Until the last 2 years or so, even tho they didn't "provide" irons, you could bring your own...I have on every cruise. They even requested that you "unplug your iron when not in use"...so they KNEW folks brought them.

And a battery operated fan....there is NO danger to anyone from that....I, too, have "power surges" and NEVER travel without a fan!

You should keep a list of your staterooms for me. :D Seriously, we like it cold and make an effort to keep the drapes closed too. Women my age tend to have their own personal summers and power surges. :rolleyes:

We like it cold, too. Especially, with the personal summers and power surges. I have never been in a cabin that was cool enough for me...I need my fan!!! Glad I am not the only one, LOL:):D

I always bring a small fan that fits in my luggage, I've taken it on like 19 cruises. It's UL listed, it is not on the list of things not to bring onboard and uses less energy than a curling iron. I think if they stopped me from bringing it I'd stop cruising. I've never had a stateroom that cooled adequately for me.

A lot of people make this statement here, which is why we were surprised ours was taken from us. It was in our carry on bag, not in our checked bag. It was not battery powered.

I think it can depend on who is at the x-ray station when you go through.

A lot of people make this statement here, which is why we were surprised ours was taken from us. It was in our carry on bag, not in our checked bag. It was not battery powered.

I think it can depend on who is at the x-ray station when you go through.

I think you are right about it depending on who is at the x-ray station...hope I get someone that let's my fan slide! lol

I got tired of our small fan taking up my suitcase so I requested a fan from special needs dept. When we got to our cabin, there was no fan but our room steward was able to get one for us. (A box fan which was nice.) We like it for the white noise but was also useful to blow on swimsuits to dry more quickly.

I got tired of our small fan taking up my suitcase so I requested a fan from special needs dept. When we got to our cabin, there was no fan but our room steward was able to get one for us. (A box fan which was nice.) We like it for the white noise but was also useful to blow on swimsuits to dry more quickly.

Great tip, thanks!:)

DW bought a neat collapseable fan for our 11/8 FoS cruise. I saw many sugesstions for it. We will try anyway. Maybe wrap with pair of slacks.

NO TOYS?? O No !!! Djay

LOL...that's pretty funny. I guess these people have never heard of white noise generators. Much smaller than a fan.[/quote

White noise generators may be great for their noise but they don't generate a breeze when it does get hot. So fans have a double use for us....triple use if you count blowing clothing dry quickly.

Women my age tend to have their own personal summers and power surges. :rolleyes:

Yup! :p :eek: :D

Useful information.....thanks for posting that!

Archived