Probably our Last Royal Caribbean Cruise - Laundry & Wine

"Bring enough undies or cancel your reservation"? You done missed the point! My travel agent would be long gone on those comments!

I doubt your travel agent cares which cruise line you book. Cancel your RCCL and go with the line that you prefer. Its hard to take your complaints serious when you are willing to cruise the Caribbean on RCCL in the future.

The wine policy sucks, I agree, but not being able to do laundry while on a cruise? Personally, I have better things to do.

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

For us laundry is not important. but be able to bring our wine is a must. that why I like Carnival.but I'm going to try RCI for the first time and only on a 4 day cruise and because everyday is on a different port.and for a $139 each on oceanview is a deal.

I have managed to sail 10,12 and 15 day cruises and never had to do laundry. Opps....I lie, once we had jeans washed after a horseback riding excursion (stinky) and the cost was reasonable.

Buy extra undies and no issues.

What's with all this "buy extra undies" stuff? Just go comando!:eek:

I cant belive your moaning about laundry and wine infact there dry cleaning costs are cheaper than here in the uk i had my suit dry cleaned very good price as for the wine so what . cant you let your wife have one week without washing your dirty undies get real or dont cruise:rolleyes:

Our first Royal Caribbean (RC) cruise was the Mexican Riviera with or son and DIL in June 2009. The cabin & food service was good. However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests. If you want your "undies" washed, they'll be glad to accommodate you for a VERY SIGNIFICANT fee. Not so with some other cruise lines, such as Princess. The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise. RC will not allow you to do so. Other cruise lines will. These are obviously "profit centers", which we do not hold against RC. Nevertheless, we are a"cost-saving center" family that chooses to avoid those conditions. We naively made reservations for a second cruise on RC for a Caribbean cruise in early 2010 before taking our first RC cruise in June 2009. It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

Great! I am glad for you. Now it makes room for others who just like to cruise and not complain about no booze allowed to be brought onboard, no iron policy, and no self serve laundry. Go with some other cruise line. Apparently you will be much happier (MAYBE).

However, we discovered that RC does not provide laundry facilities for guests... The same goes for trying to bring on your own wine for consumption during the cruise... It will be our last RC cruise due to their established policies that go beyond reasonableness for the sake of either profit or political agendas.

It is better to talk with your feet then continue to accept a situation

which you don't like, and I commend you for that.

That being said, I doubt that laundry service is considered a profit making

activity for the ship but is provided more as a service to the guests.

The fee covers reasonable costs incurred .

Additionally, the space where the public machines would go can be put to

better use for all the guests. It also cuts down on any friction between the guests over who's hogging machines (like happens with pool chairs).

By the way, it's also a fire hazard.

Now how much underwear and clothes are you talking here for a 7 day

cruise anyway?

I know men and women have different views on this but if you are

going to a sunny location you are going to be wearing a bathing suit at least 1/2 of the time so you bring 2 bathing suits for a week. You can rinse one out in the shower while you use the other. No laundry here. You can wear the same pair of underwear twice (one days wear) so that's 3 pair of underwear. No laundry here. Shorts, shirts same idea no laundry here. Wear what you wore on the ship off the ship. No laundry here.

You can easily pack that much clothes.

So exactly how much laundry are you doing anyway.? Should be next to nothing, otherwise you are probably overpacking and overwearing.

As for bringing wine on board, I would think that there are many restaurants on land which you frequent that do not let you bring wine or

spirits in, and I would think you would accept that as a reasonable policy.

Alcochol provides up to 50% of a restaurant's revenue. If they allow liquor

in they would have to raise food prices to make up the difference.

Same effect here.

If RCI were to allow you to bring spirits onboard they would most likely have to raise fares or cut services to make up the difference. Now if the cost of a $40 of wine x 7 dinners is going to break the bank for you that's your decision to make. If you pay more than $40 for wine you probably are wasting your money anyway because you couldn't tell the difference unless you were a wine expert.

If I need to cut corners, I can easily go without wine at every other dinner for one week and instead pay a lower fare. Seems to me I would

break even.

I don't see anywhere on the cruise registration that asks your political

party of affiliation so they know to charge Republicans for everything because they assume that you are well off and Democrats for nothing because you have given all your money away to liberal causes.

So this one about "political agenda" really baffles me.

So what it comes down to is basically you liked Princess more than RCI

for your own reasons and that , my friend, is what America is all about.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

Archived