MDR Table For Two?

tikimon

How do you go about asking for a table for 2 once you board the ship? This will be our 15th cruise, but we have always remained where they seated us. We have been cruising with a large group the past couple of year and always ended up sitting with someone we already knew, but this time it's just the 2 of us and we would really like to have a table for just the 2 of us.

It's not a big deal if it dosen't happen, it just would be nice this time around.

And no I will not go to John's Blog and ask him to do this! LOL

Thanks in advance! ;)

How do you go about asking for a table for 2 once you board the ship? This will be our 15th cruise, but we have always remained where they seated us. We have been cruising with a large group the past couple of year and always ended up sitting with someone we already knew, but this time it's just the 2 of us and we would really like to have a table for just the 2 of us.

It's not a big deal if it dosen't happen, it just would be nice this time around.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Once onboard, go to one of the MDR and see if the Matrie D (sp?) is around. If he is request the change... it should not be a problem. The later you wait the harder it is. If he/she is not there then there should be a note stating A) when he will be or B) what dining room he is at.

On our last cruise on the Miracle, we were assigned a table for two. I was surprised since we had always been seated at larger tables (and for the most part enjoyed it). The only reason I can think of is that we put on our reservation that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, so maybe that's why they seated us alone.

Anyway, it turned out that my husband and I LOVED having a slightly more intimate time at dinner each night with just the 2 of us. We are thinking about making a request from the maitre de for a table for 2 next time just in case they don't assign us one to begin with.

One thing, though....sometimes when we heard other large groups at the big round tables really laughing and talking and having a great time, we (ALMOST) felt left out!

The larger tables DO have more fun....and so do your waiters, when there are more folks at a table! 2-tops are usually much more "sedate"...go for the larger table...dinner isn't just for eating..it's a social occassion! Enjoy!

I agree, the more the merrier, and more intellectual or stupid the conversations can be. When we sailed MWA you are part of the crew, and we all ate together. It was a good way to learn about other things other than ourselves. In fact I actually found a third couisin on board. Part of the Marsh family :p.

When we were on the Sensation last year, we sat with part of a large wedding party, Table for 6, and two of the crusiers were repeat cruisers and gave us lots of tips. I do see that you have cruised alot, but you never know who you may meet, and what you may learn.:)

Thanks in advance! ;)

It depends on the ship too, most of the Fantasy class ships don't have tables for 2, but you might get a table for 4 just for the 2 of you.

The larger tables DO have more fun....and so do your waiters, when there are more folks at a table! 2-tops are usually much more "sedate"...go for the larger table...dinner isn't just for eating..it's a social occassion! Enjoy!

I had my full of the "fun"... I've had some nice table mates and I've had the ones from hell. Rather have just us 2.

One time when we were checking in. We got a seating chart that had the table numbers. We check it against what was on our card.. That way if its what you want then no need to go the the MDR. But if not, then go.

I plan on asking for the seating chart when checking in. We put in a request for a table for two. We will see how it goes, if not then I'll be heading to the MDR..

One time when we were checking in. We got a seating chart that had the table numbers. We check it against what was on our card.. That way if its what you want then no need to go the the MDR. But if not, then go.

I plan on asking for the seating chart when checking in. We put in a request for a table for two. We will see how it goes, if not then I'll be heading to the MDR..

Thanks for that information. I always wondered how people knew they needed to request a change, if you didn't know where you were sitting in the first place.

Archived