Book with PVP then switch to TA

gargoyle999

I must be booking very cheap cruises, as I generally only save about $50ish by transferring to a TA .... and now the TA charges $25 pp for each change, so if there is a rate drop, the cost to get it wipes out what I saved by giving up control and giving it to a TA.

I quit using a TA. You must be booking more than 2 people or booking much more expensive bookings than I am.

As someone who books cheap cruises, I agree with you. If I'm only saving $25 or $50, I'd rather maintain control over the reservation by sticking with Carnival.

We had a PVP and she did nothing for us so we went with a TA on the last two cruises. I went with a PVP on this next cruise in January and was never told that we had to go back to the TA.

I swear you could put 50 PVP in a room and they would give you 50 different answers to the same question.

Actually they give you 51 answers:)

Just a FYI - if you book Early Saver or you're after final payment when you book then you only have 24 hours to transfer to a TA.

Well...that's a new wrinkle. 24 hours with Early Saver? Did a PVP tell you this? I'm beginning to see why so many people say you'll get a different answer every time you ask a question about something...

As someone who books cheap cruises, I agree with you. If I'm only saving $25 or $50, I'd rather maintain control over the reservation by sticking with Carnival.

It depends on the price of the cabin. I just booked a 4A on the Imagination and to transfer I would only save $24, so I'll keep it with my PVP. Cat 11 on the Miracle I am booking next and I'd save $225 by transferring. $225 is worth the switch for me.

Yes I talked with a PVP this afternoon and that's what she told us and that's the same thing she said a couple of months ago - that a booked had to be transferred within 24 hours when using Early Saver.

Doesnt sound right, since your PVP is the only PVP reported to have said that... I think she might want to check her facts?? Mine agreed 30 days is the rule...cant both be right.

Doesnt sound right, since your PVP is the only PVP reported to have said that... I think she might want to check her facts?? Mine agreed 30 days is the rule...cant both be right.

Mine said anytime before final payment and I was asking about a cruise for Nov 2010! Can't all three be right! :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Just a FYI - if you book Early Saver or you're after final payment when you book then you only have 24 hours to transfer to a TA.

Just wanted to give an update on *my* experience. I called to book Nov of next year, Early Saver rate. And I asked my PVP again for clarification about the transfer time limit.

The 24 hours is for bookings made after final payment date. Otherwise she said again that I would have until final payment to transfer it! This is with an ES booking for Nov 2010. Nothing said about any 30 day limit or 24 hour limit due to ES.

So as far as what my PVP is telling me there is no 30 day limit and 24 hours applies only to bookings made after final payment.

Folks have never been able to "transfer" to a Group cruise.

The cruiser must cancel their cruise and then rebook with the Group.

There have always been different rules for group cruises.

I believe you are correct. We booked a cruise last year through a pvp. We found a much cheaper rate through a ta. So, I called the pvp to see about matching her price. I was told that the pvp could not match the price because it was less than CCL's lowest fare & she didn't know how there could be a lower price than what she had. So, she said that I could simply transfer the booking to the ta, that she would still keep her points for the original booking. She stressed over & over to transfer the booking, not to cancel & re-book. Well, I asked the ta about the transfer - she said no problem. I stressed it needed to be a transfer, not a cancel/re-book & that we needed to keep our same cabins. Well, next day or so I get a call from the pvp asking why we cancelled the booking instead of transferring it. I felt terrible about it, but I had done what I was told to do. Apparently this ta had a group booking going, which is why the fare was so low - it had been booked a year in advance. Anyway, we got a great fare, obc per cabin, bottle of wine per cabin & photo coupon per cabin. Plus, we got moved up 3 decks to Lido, which I loved. We had a great deal, I just feel bad for the pvp.

Yes I talked with a PVP this afternoon and that's what she told us and that's the same thing she said a couple of months ago - that a booked had to be transferred within 24 hours when using Early Saver.

I was looking for this thread to eat my words. My PVP said that there is a 24 hour rule. If you book after final payment you have 24 hours to transfer the booking to a TA.... Im wrong, you were right... this is the case if booked after final payment...you just didnt put that part in when you stated the 24 hour rule... but it does exist.

The 24 hours is for bookings made after final payment date. Otherwise she said again that I would have until final payment to transfer it! This is with an ES booking for Nov 2010. Nothing said about any 30 day limit or 24 hour limit due to ES.

So as far as what my PVP is telling me there is no 30 day limit and 24 hours applies only to bookings made after final payment.

Yea, I asked my PVP too about this and then couldnt find this thread to put the update on it why someone would only have 24 hours to transfer. I see you beat me to it ... thanks for pulling this thread back up.

I try and keep up with the booking rules so I know... just for my own information.

Archived