Nelson at Sky Bar and Odyssey picture!

Host Dan

The "problem" with the Sky Bar on the Odyssey as I see it is that it is located one deck above the pool deck. Now this was true on the triplets as well but on the Odyssey there is another bar on the same deck as the pool directly opposite the Grill. This bar is much more a part of the action on Pool Deck. The Sky Bar seems a bit isolated. On the triplets everything is smaller, closer together and therefore seems more connected. Plus all the tables and chairs are now below near the pool. On the Odyssey the Sky Bar is just that, a bar with a narrow space in front of it to overlook the deck below.

The "problem" with the Sky Bar on the Odyssey as I see it is that it is located one deck above the pool deck. Now this was true on the triplets as well but on the Odyssey there is another bar on the same deck as the pool directly opposite the Grill. This bar is much more a part of the action on Pool Deck. The Sky Bar seems a bit isolated. On the triplets everything is smaller, closer together and therefore seems more connected. Plus all the tables and chairs are now below near the pool. On the Odyssey the Sky Bar is just that, a bar with a narrow space in front of it to overlook the deck below.

So no stools at all to be able to chat with Nelson or fellow guests at all? I really dislike that...

We NEED the stools Seabourn! And the most right one is for Martha!

Marja

So no stools at all to be able to chat with Nelson or fellow guests at all? I really dislike that...

We NEED the stools Seabourn! And the most right one is for Martha!

Marja

NO NO NO there are stools!

BUT!

Chairsin is only partly right, the bar opposite the grill at deck 8 pool deck is more like a serving bar to the tables and pool area and it has no barstools, when standing there they ask you to take a seat!

The Odyssey Sky Bar has barstools like the old ones on the triplets:) and 4-5 tables with 4-5 rattan chairs on each side.

T&T

Hope I am not confusing the issue further

Both the Sky Bar and the bar serving the Patio Grill have stools.

Not great photo's but if you look through the right side Jacuzzi you can see the serving bar stools with the Sky bar middle deck mid deck

bars.jpg.d32053a495e3dd9b38a37bbc3d06dff3.jpg

2134580480_bars2.jpg.61b7884174c244cff6e44f7a1d69e52d.jpg

NO NO NO there are stools!

BUT!

Chairsin is only partly right, the bar opposite the grill at deck 8 pool deck is more like a serving bar to the tables and pool area and it has a few barstools, when standing there they ask you to take a seat!

The Odyssey Sky Bar has barstools like the old ones on the triplets:) and 4-5 tables with 4-5 rattan chairs on each side.

T&T

sorry for the correction memory memory:rolleyes:

T&T

T&T,

Not sure what you are crediting me with in your earlier post but I appreciate the new pic of yours Dan posted. My comments -- it looks like the bar stools do not go all of the way around the bar and nelson looks lonely!

T&T,

Not sure what you are crediting me with in your earlier post but I appreciate the new pic of yours Dan posted. My comments -- it looks like the bar stools do not go all of the way around the bar and nelson looks lonely!

Chairsin,

oh what have I done ? Sorry sorry, I was misinforming what a mistake.:o

I meant Wripo.

T&T

Several have told me their favorite "deck" spot is the area behind the Seabourn Square.

Would anyone happen to have a picture of this area?

Thanks!

Martita B.

Hi Martita

I did get a good video clip of this area but this website does not allow uploads of those:( I have uploaded this picture which is probably not what you were looking for but it is a very nice area and has some welcome ashtrays on the starboard side.

During the day there are nice alcantara cushions (faux suede) on the very nice brown rattan furniture.

It must be said however ladies that they are having severe smuts problems (black bits from the funells) aft and the pale cream cushions are not bearing up too well, when they take them off in the evening it it is not obvious what you are sitting on and I did see a few dirty bottoms walking away from this area! The area outside the club also suffers.

I think awnings will appear on both decks after the first refit, they have them at the colonnade which does not suffer so much (they probably maintain this area more carefully though as the other two areas mentioned are largely forgotten, the club particularly is shockingly neglected with daytime towels and drinks all over the place still at pre-dinner cocktails)

CIMG0546.jpg.821b536dc2199bf4bc7812aae4f4f123.jpg

T&T,

I think they wanted to create more space for the waiters to get the drinks from the bar. On the triplets there is hardly any room for them to stand or to put the drinks down for them to pick them up. That part of the bar is covered with soda cans, napkins, straws, fruit etc.

SSNORWAY,

Maybe you can upload your video to Youtube and post the link here!

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

Mark

Thanks for the photo and the information. Also thanks for the info as to not wearing white in this area! !:confused:

I'm disappointed that we won't have the ambience and atmosphere at the Odyssey Sky Bar as we've enjoyed on the smaller Sister's.

The Sky Bar's on the Pride, Legend and Spirit have always been the most popular area of the ships to make new friends and memories.

Martita B.

Mark

Thanks for the photo and the information. Also thanks for the info as to not wearing white in this area! !:confused:

I'm disappointed that we won't have the ambience and atmosphere at the Odyssey Sky Bar as we've enjoyed on the smaller Sister's.

The Sky Bar's on the Pride, Legend and Spirit have always been the most popular area of the ships to make new friends and memories.

Martita B.

I've not been on the sisters but the Sky bar is wonderful, I was just sorry when it closed at 12.30am most nights. there was a wonderful party night by the pool area one night, this is my favourite video clip from the trip. I will try and post that to youtube and post a link as Marja suggested about my other clip. The band and some crew did a wonderful rendition of California Dreamin and many more popular songs.

There was also movies under the stars one night and from the Sky Bar you could watch it backwards from behind the screen! It is also where we met all the people we got friendly with as they still allow smoking up there on the starboard side. It makes this a very popular area as the only interior space where you can smoke is the observation bar which is absolutely beautiful but no one goes in apart from pre dinner cocktails. Robert was the bar man in the Sky Bar for most of our time, he was very nice with a dry sense of humour.

The famous Nelson apeared for a few nights in the observation lounge. We did not get to see the side of him that everyone seems to like so much. He moaned and moaned and moaned to every person who recognised him about how the bar was badly designed, how he had to walk about ten feet to get a bottle because there weren't enough cupboards, how nothing was as good as any of the other ships he had been on etc etc. Personally I wish he'd stayed whereever he came from because Patrick in the Observation Lounge was wonderful and went out of his way to be friendly and suggest different cocktails and he ended up serving wine in the restaurant!

Archived