Attention Brits! Which U.K. celebrity would you like to see at sea?

kelly@

Which celebrity would you like to see at sea (choose all that apply)?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which celebrity would you like to see at sea (choose all that apply)?

• Ant & Dec
    • Barbara Windsor
    • Delia Smith
    • John Cleese
    • John Sergeant
    • Fern Britton
    • Sharon Osbourne
    • Simon Cowell
    • Take That
    • Terry Wogan
    • Trevor McDonald
    • Victoria and David Beckham
    • None of the above
    • Other (please post!)

The glitz and the glamour of cruising have long attracted celebrities to the sea. In the early days, Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth 2 was home to the rich and famous such as Nelson Mandela and Elizabeth Taylor. Fast forward to the present day, and reformed boy band New Kids on the Block has made a comeback on a sold-out cruise on Carnival Imagination!

Many stars of the screen, the music world and beyond sign up as guest speakers or to make guest performances onboard. However some choose simply to take a cruise for their holiday.

Who would you like to cruise with? We have listed a few British celebrities who have already cruised, and others we would like to see at sea! Please do vote for your favourites -- and share your own suggestions!

Been fortunate in bumping into one or two celebs whilst cruising already...Sheila Hancock (widow of John Thaw) was really lovely. She was with her daughters not long after John's passing.

If I do see a celeb on board, I leave them to their holiday. I cannot think of anything worse for them than people constantly harrassing them for autographs etc when they are trying to relax and have a break from their usual life. Best just to leave them alone to enjoy their holiday IMHO.

OK, I'll admit I'm from Northern California and not the UK, but I would pay extra to be on either of these cruises:

A Top Gear theme, with Clarkson, Hammond, and May in attendance. They could bring some of their more famous vehicles like Oliver the Opel and the Toyboata, which could be set up in the foyer. They could give lectures based on their books, show reruns of the show in the cinema, maybe even film an episode segment on the ship.

A Dr. Who cruise with David Tennant, Russell T. Davies, Stephen Moffat, Frema Agyeman, Billie Piper, Catherine Tate, and maybe a Dalek or two to make things interesting. Same ideas as above.

Cheers,

mgcarnut

Archived