Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

oops I am sorry I looked at that wrong I thought you said that the taxi was $15pp...that is how I was doing my math...that I would save $25 cause it is $10pp...so yes it would be cheaper to take the taxi...even if I had to take 2 of them...thanks for making sure I got it don't know what I was doing when I read that. LOL A Big Thanks everyone!:)

We have stayed at this hotel the last two cruises and have it booked for our cruise 2-16-13. The rooms we had were like a small suite, separate room with couch, chair, sink,fridge, desk, then bed and bathroom. Room was clean, bed very comfortable. There was a good selection for breakfast, hot & cold. The pool area was nice, didn't swim as it was a little cool. Was given warm cookies and bottles of water at check-in. There is a shopping mall across a busy street with several fast food places, and across from the mall is a KMart. There's a Wendys (if I remember correctly) right next to the hotel. We haven't went any further than what we could walk in this area. I am hoping to maybe get down to Dania Beach in Feb. And check it out. We are arriving early afternoon. I booked this room on lastminutetravel this time and I think if was around $120. We will use the free shuttle from the airport and then will use QLS shuttle to get us down to POM. I think you will be more than happy with this hotel for a pre cruise stay!! Hope your family has a great cruise.

We have stayed at this hotel the last two cruises and have it booked for our cruise 2-16-13. The rooms we had were like a small suite, separate room with couch, chair, sink,fridge, desk, then bed and bathroom. Room was clean, bed very comfortable. There was a good selection for breakfast, hot & cold. The pool area was nice, didn't swim as it was a little cool. Was given warm cookies and bottles of water at check-in. There is a shopping mall across a busy street with several fast food places, and across from the mall is a KMart. There's a Wendys (if I remember correctly) right next to the hotel. We haven't went any further than what we could walk in this area. I am hoping to maybe get down to Dania Beach in Feb. And check it out. We are arriving early afternoon. I booked this room on lastminutetravel this time and I think if was around $120. We will use the free shuttle from the airport and then will use QLS shuttle to get us down to POM. I think you will be more than happy with this hotel for a pre cruise stay!! Hope your family has a great cruise.

Just curious, what hotels are you talking about?

Just curious, what hotels are you talking about?

Pretty sure it's the Springhill Suites just off Stirling Road in Dania Beach/Fort Lauderdale since that was the last one that was being specifically asked about and the description fits.

Has anyone stayed at Alhambra Beach Resort? The reviews are really good, but they don't seem to be close to that many restaurants or grocery stores. Would be for two nights precruise for 2 adults in their 40s, 1 child who will be 11, and two seniors in their 70s.

There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. There is a Publix on Sunrise Blvd about 1.5 miles away (get there by bus 40 or Suntrolley). There is a CVS about 2 blocks away that carries wine and some food items.

has anyone stayed at alhambra beach resort? The reviews are really good, but they don't seem to be close to that many restaurants or grocery stores. Would be for two nights precruise for 2 adults in their 40s, 1 child who will be 11, and two seniors in their 70s.

:d...

Edited by MrUg
Ignore this one

Has anyone stayed at Alhambra Beach Resort? The reviews are really good, but they don't seem to be close to that many restaurants or grocery stores. Would be for two nights precruise for 2 adults in their 40s, 1 child who will be 11, and two seniors in their 70s.

Will let you know if the #1 rating is warranted on Trip Advisor ;-)

We have not been to Ft. Lauderdale in many years, but used to stay at this hotel located RIGHT ON the beach. We would walk for ribs to Bahia Cabana. I see nothing about this hotel mentioned. Is it still there? Is it any good? I would appreciate any info.

It was remodeled and is just a sheraton now stayed there last year very nice

http://www.sheratonftlauderdalebeach.com/

Edited by TOMMYCRUISER

We will flying in the day before are cruise in Nov we will be staying at the Hyatt House in Dania could anyone tell me whats near there and has any one stayed there to let me know how it is we got a package deal with transportation to the port of miami to

We will flying in the day before are cruise in Nov we will be staying at the Hyatt House in Dania could anyone tell me whats near there and has any one stayed there to let me know how it is we got a package deal with transportation to the port of miami to

Across the street from Hyatt House is Oakwood Plaza where you will find chain restaurants, fast food, and stores including Marshall's, Kmart, and Ross.

This thread is amazing, all the info is very helpful. I'm starting to go around and around trying to make a decision.

Can anyone suggest a moderately priced hotel that's halfway between FLL and POM. We're looking for a place that has a grocery store and restaurant within walking distance since we won't have a car. Thank you!

This thread is amazing, all the info is very helpful. I'm starting to go around and around trying to make a decision.

Can anyone suggest a moderately priced hotel that's halfway between FLL and POM. We're looking for a place that has a grocery store and restaurant within walking distance since we won't have a car. Thank you!

Hi:) yes, this thread has lots of information on it.

As for a place between the 2 cities? Not really. 1/2 way is sort of

no man's land for decent places. You need to either stay in the

Ft. Lauderdale area or go down to Miami.

I'm not sure what the advantage would be to be halfway between FLL and POM and I'm not even sure what would be a good neighborhood near the halfway point that would have moderately priced hotels. I think a good low cost option without a car would be to stay at Hampton Inn or Best Western on State Rd 84 or Sleep Inn in Dania (both near FLL, restaurants, grocery) and then use SAS shuttle to get to the port in the morning. SAS serves both the FLL area hotels and POM, usually at around $15 pp. You could stay a little further south in Aventura but without a car transport from there would be very expensive both ways.

Okay, I'm flexible. I thought a location in between the two would be convenient for not having to go far either direction. So how about a location that's cheap, has a grocery store next door and a free shuttle from FLL to the hotel. And if I can stretch it even further...from the hotel to POM. I'm I asking too much.