Ron Pass wrote a song for us on the Splendor the week of the SWINE FLU...lol

Randy & Carmen

WOW........Ron sent this to me this am, or rather tagged me, and I totlally forgot he had the video camera going when he did this........I saw myself toward the end.....but he wrote this for us and performed it in the piano bar that week.....too funny!..Enjoy!

WOW........Ron sent this to me this am, or rather tagged me, and I totlally forgot he had the video camera going when he did this........I saw myself toward the end.....but he wrote this for us and performed it in the piano bar that week.....too funny!..Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=165543235328&ref=mf

It won't let me view it either even when I log into my facebook account.

I'll be on the Splendor in 3 weeks. Just curious, does Ron encourage guests to sing some of his songs? I'm not talking about singing along with him, I mean, does he hand over microphones to people and let them sing the song?

Someone asked him if they could do that on our cruise with him in April, and he said "Oooohhh.. aparently you took a wrong turn at the coffee bar... the Karaoke bar that you're looking for is on the other side of the O2 Club" :D

He's not really keen to share his mic with other's... and I can't really say I blame him - I wouldn't want other germs on my mic either... and if I want to hear passengers sing, the Karaoke bar is where I'll go. :)

Someone asked him if they could do that on our cruise with him in April, and he said "Oooohhh.. aparently you took a wrong turn at the coffee bar... the Karaoke bar that you're looking for is on the other side of the O2 Club" :D

He's not really keen to share his mic with other's... and I can't really say I blame him - I wouldn't want other germs on my mic either... and if I want to hear passengers sing, the Karaoke bar is where I'll go. :)

It may just depend on the cruise. On our cruise in March Ron invited one of the girls to sing with him every night ... course it was a two part duet, so kind of needed the second person. Years ago on Ron's first contract on the Victory he allowed me to sing "I Will Survive" the first night and another guy to sing "Suspicious Minds", and then he asked each of us to sing those again on the following nights. Course back then he had a cordless mic and it was easier to share. :)

Love the video...Ron's originals are always great! He's a real doll and I hope to sail again with him sometime!

That was funny. He did a good job at making a good time out of a not so good time. I was on a cruise on May 2nd that lost a port and was switched from western to eastern. Still had a great time and better than chilly San Fran.

The only verse he forgot was....

So here we are on our way to Frisco...

I hear the weather sheets...

I'm hoping by the time we leave there...

I haven't froze off my teets...I haven't froze off my teets.....

By the way...In the video sitting at the piano bar is an older fellow I have cruised with twice in groups. he passed away about two months ago and I cannot remember his name. As usual though he looked like as usual having a great time....

Paul - thanks for putting up the utube link. We had the pleasure of sailing with Ron 2x, and he is definitely our favorite piano bar performer on Carnival. He can liven up anything, and nothing is sacred or safe when he is "on".

I'll be on the Splendor in 3 weeks. Just curious, does Ron encourage guests to sing some of his songs? I'm not talking about singing along with him, I mean, does he hand over microphones to people and let them sing the song?

He's asked me to come sing several times but I know it's rare who he asks.

You'll have to forgive Randy, he is new to Facebook and doesn't realize you have actually be someones "friend" to see stuff. ;)

AFLAC!! Brother. :D

OOPS?:D

for the YouTube version. I guess it's the same?

Ah.thanks Paul!

By the way...In the video sitting at the piano bar is an older fellow I have cruised with twice in groups. he passed away about two months ago and I cannot remember his name. As usual though he looked like as usual having a great time....

Yep....that was Robert....We'll miss him...I've been on many cruises with him and loved the Piano Bar....that was his last cruise with us in April......He passed away shortly after that.:(

Yep....that was Robert....We'll miss him...I've been on many cruises with him and loved the Piano Bar....that was his last cruise with us in April......He passed away shortly after that.:(

Didnt Robert sail on the Blogger's cruise in Feb? That is the gentleman with his elbows on the counter in the video?

Dave

Didnt Robert sail on the Blogger's cruise in Feb? That is the gentleman with his elbows on the counter in the video?

Dave

Yes he did....He and John Heald were very close.

I remember that night when Ron performed that song....

Yeah......I bet that was a few of the things we remembered...:D

Damn, it sucks that i had to bail one this cruise. I made a big move from Houston to Chicago and couldn't swing a couple of cruises that I had scheduled (including this one). Plus, the piano man is HOT!

That's funny, about 800 people wanted off. :eek:

Archived