Lunch in MDR and Dinner

djneph

Hey Everyone,

Some folks on the Canrival page were mentioning things they wish Carnival would change/do. One thing the listed was open MDR for lunch when in port. Also offer hot food from room service and be able to order dinner (ie. food from MDR) to your stateroom.

Its been a while since I have sailed on RCI and think I am confusing a celebrity sailing I did with my RCI salings. Can you order dinner (food from MDR) to your stateroom on RCI. Also, do they close the MDR for lunch on port days on RCI? Lastly, RCI still serves hot food through room service (pizza, burgers, etc...)?

Thanks,

I think I am getting old and losing my memory.

Yes, you can order dinner from the MDR through room service during dinner hours - most items, but not lobster. They do close the MDR for lunch on port days. Room service offers hot food - eggs, etc., at breakfast - hamburgers, pizza, hot wings and the like anytime.

Hey Everyone,

Some folks on the Canrival page were mentioning things they wish Carnival would change/do. One thing the listed was open MDR for lunch when in port. Also offer hot food from room service and be able to order dinner (ie. food from MDR) to your stateroom.

Its been a while since I have sailed on RCI and think I am confusing a celebrity sailing I did with my RCI salings. Can you order dinner (food from MDR) to your stateroom on RCI. Also, do they close the MDR for lunch on port days on RCI? Lastly, RCI still serves hot food through room service (pizza, burgers, etc...)?

Thanks,

I think I am getting old and losing my memory.

Yes, you can order dinner from the MDR through room service during dinner hours - most items, but not lobster. They do close the MDR for lunch on port days. Room service offers hot food - eggs, etc., at breakfast - hamburgers, pizza, hot wings and the like anytime.

One exception:

The MDR will be open and the Windjammer will be closed when the ship is at Labadee or CocoCay.

The only thing is, if you don't have a dining room table, it's very difficult and messy trying to eat off the coffee table or knee-high patio table....

Not everyone has a problem eating off the coffee table.

You can also try eating off the vanity/dresser.

Room service can be a nice alternative.

Hey Everyone,

Only when the MDR is still serving!

###

Not everyone has a problem eating off the coffee table.

You can also try eating off the vanity/dresser.

Room service can be a nice alternative.

I agree, we loved room service, nice to sit on the balcony to chill and eat. We ordered a mixture of food to share and had no problems at all.

Archived