Hump cabin 9078 on jewel of the seas

we have booked this for miami / panama cruise next April but as always am having doubts, do i need a large balcony , doubt we will use the sunbeds , will it be dark because of the long balcony roof , would be better with a standard balcony ??? ,

1st, ALL of the balconies are covered by the deck above, so you won't have any more sun/shade than any other balcony. The balcony is really not a place to "sun", anyway... Do you need a larger balcony?, No, but since this cabin won't cost any more than a side JS, enjoy it!

You 've booked in a very convenient location...keep that JS!

Edited by cb at sea

9078 is our favorite Jewel cabin, and we've sailed in that cabin 4 times and have 3 more cruises booked in the same cabin. The balcony is much larger than the side balconies. However, there is quite a bit of shade on that balcony, more so than on other side balconies. However, the location of the cabin is so convenient, near elevators and stairs, but we never experienced any noise from either. We have had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table on that balcony, and it was not crowded. There is a large metal panel forming one side wall of the balcony, and some people feel that's a bit claustrophobic for them. It never bothers us.

BtW, it's not a JS, it's a D category.......:D

Enjoy.

Rita

yep - it is a great location. We will be on the Jewel again in March and have booked 9576 which we had on our last Jewel cruise and it is our most favorite cabin we have had on any ship with the exception of one.

The balcony is extra large and the covering is long so we can be out on it in almost any weather. We are soooo excited.

You picked a great cabin as well from what I have heard. Our cabin is right around the corner on the other side of the library. The location is the best and very quiet...have fun.

If you want a balcony that is larger than standard and does get sun (and some Shade) see if #9576 (our favorite) or 9076 are available. Great location and they do not have the all metal wall which can give some people that "closed in" tunnel feel although you may be fine as the poster above is. Just another option! Enjoy your cruise!

P.S. Looks like Lisa H and I have the same taste in balconies, but she can type faster than I can! LOL

Edited by Rala

If you want a balcony that is larger than standard and does get sun (and some Shade) see if #9576 (our favorite) or 9076 are available. Great location and they do not have the all metal wall which can give some people that "closed in" tunnel feel although you may be fine as the poster above is. Just another option! Enjoy your cruise!

P.S. Looks like Lisa H and I have the same taste in balconies, but she can type faster than I can! LOL

hi again! I will always say good things about "OUR" cabin. :)

9078 is our favorite Jewel cabin, and we've sailed in that cabin 4 times and have 3 more cruises booked in the same cabin. The balcony is much larger than the side balconies. However, there is quite a bit of shade on that balcony, more so than on other side balconies. However, the location of the cabin is so convenient, near elevators and stairs, but we never experienced any noise from either. We have had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table on that balcony, and it was not crowded. There is a large metal panel forming one side wall of the balcony, and some people feel that's a bit claustrophobic for them. It never bothers us.

Enjoy.

Hi Rita,

I left a message for Bill on a posting about the Jewel then saw your post. Kathy, Pat and I met you before the TA last year. In October, 2010, Kathy and I are in cabin 9078 for a Canada/New England cruise and I was wondering if you have any pictures. In two weeks we are on the 14 day Ultimate Alaska cruise in cabin 9578 on the Radiance. This will be the second time to Alaska for us and I can't wait.

Cyndi

Enjoy.

Hi Rita,

I left a message for Bill on a posting about the Jewel then saw your post. Kathy, Pat and I met you before the TA last year. In October, 2010, Kathy and I are in cabin 9078 for a Canada/New England cruise and I was wondering if you have any pictures. In two weeks we are on the 14 day Ultimate Alaska cruise in cabin 9578 on the Radiance. This will be the second time to Alaska for us and I can't wait.

Cyndi

We were in 9576 on our last cruise and our friends were in 9578 (next door)...great location as well. From what I remember their balcony was the standard size....unlike 9576 or 9078.

Cyndi, I remember....

We leave Sunday for this years transatlantic (in 9078), but I'll take some pictures and send them to you when we get back. We also have that cabin booked for the Jewel repo in October and the 3 night cruise immediately following that. We've booked 9092 (same kind of room, just the other side of the centrum) for our Alaska cruise on Radiance next year.(One of our friends is in 9078). Funny you seem to be doing the same cruises we are:D I have a couple of friends on the Ultimate Alaska cruise with you. If you meet Tony and Nancy from California, say hello for me. Also Nikki and Joe from the Cape......both couples will be onboard.

Enjoy.....I love Alaska and am looking forward to going back next year.

Rita

Edited by billsgal

Cyndi, I remember....

We leave Sunday for this years transatlantic (in 9078), but I'll take some pictures and send them to you when we get back. We also have that cabin booked for the Jewel repo in October and the 3 night cruise immediately following that. We've booked 9092 (same kind of room, just the other side of the centrum) for our Alaska cruise on Radiance next year.(One of our friends is in 9078). Funny you seem to be doing the same cruises we are:D I have a couple of friends on the Ultimate Alaska cruise with you. If you meet Tony and Nancy from California, say hello for me. Also Nikki and Joe from the Cape......both couples will be onboard.

Enjoy.....I love Alaska and am looking forward to going back next year.

Rita

Thanks, Rita, I'd love to see your pictures. If I see any of your friends I'll be sure and say hello from you. Enjoy your transatlantic. Last year was the first TA for us and though I loved a couple places I didn't really like all the sea days we had with missed ports and all.

Cyndi

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. We are just off Radiance in 9078 and the music from the Centrum can be heard in that cabin. With that being said, we love the cabin and have it booked for 3 more cruises, so I guess we aren't bothered by the "noise"[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. We are just off Radiance in 9078 and the music from the Centrum can be heard in that cabin. With that being said, we love the cabin and have it booked for 3 more cruises, so I guess we aren't bothered by the "noise"[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! We like to large balcony, and the central location, so sticking with 9078.

• 4 months later...
We'd like to book one of the aft cabins again but it's been ages since we've been on this class of ship. Can anyone tell me if the aft stairs have been opened up? Last time we were on this class, they weren't and it was a LONG haul to the midship elevators. ???

No aft stairs for guests.

We'd like to book one of the aft cabins again but it's been ages since we've been on this class of ship. Can anyone tell me if the aft stairs have been opened up? Last time we were on this class, they weren't and it was a LONG haul to the midship elevators. ???

Never. Those are crew stairs. NOT for passengers.

And the Jewel (all Radiance class) are much smaller than most of RC's ships. It's really not very far to the aft, relatively speaking.

we have booked this for miami / panama cruise next April but as always am having doubts, do i need a large balcony , doubt we will use the sunbeds , will it be dark because of the long balcony roof , would be better with a standard balcony ??? ,

Found this.

We just got assigned Junior Suite 1080 for a GTY and was hoping we could us those stairs to go up 1 floor to Windjammer. So the stairs that show on the deck plans aren't usable? :loudcry:

Correct, those stairs are for crew only.