Hurricane Jimena

Sgt. Jeff

Thanks but it is the shipping, import fee, duties and customs tax that makes it a pain to get stuff here (pardon the pun!). I actually have some coming on the Elation and would have had them today no thanks to Jimena!

Thanks but it is the shipping, import fee, duties and customs tax that makes it a pain to get stuff here (pardon the pun!). I actually have some coming on the Elation and would have had them today no thanks to Jimena!

If we make it there sat on elation, I'd be happy to bring you some!

Let me know if you still need some by October 10th when I arrive.I will be happy to bring some for you. I brought my friend Tyler who owns Desparados some liquid bandages for his dog's ear when I was there in July. I know how hard it is to get certain items.

Sandy

Wow...I slept late. It was quiet, cool, and dark this morning all night. Woke up to strong gusty winds and now some heavy rain Dog made it outside just in time. Jimena is about 150 miles SSW of Cabo and all reports still having her pass to the W of us tonight, making landfall way N of here. Still no good info on local rain amounts or expected winds. Rains just picked up even more but seem like just bands because they are intense then stop. I can't believe some families sent their kids to the high school by me thinking there would be classes! Winds are interupting satellite and electricity. I will be heading out to make sand bags and will take my camera. Will post asap.

We are crossing our fingers for you too!!!!! What do you do there in Cabo?? I think I would love to live there!!

Cabo is great but VERY expensive to live here. If you have a really good retirement all in US$ it is alot better. It has been reported that we have the highest cost of living of any city in Mx including MxCity. Tortillas are cheap and that is about it...kilo of about a dollar...that is a stack about 4" high! There are some things that are more expensive than the States because they are imported...a big bag of Hersey's kisses is about $7 US. There are places such as Cozumel that are a real bargin to live though! Oops, sandbag time...gotta go. More later.

Caro, stay safe and take care.

We are scheduled to arrive in Cabo on Mon., Sept. 28 on the Star. If there's anything you need from the states, let us know and we will try to bring it to you when we arrive.

Not planning to do much in Cabo outside of finding a good table at Solomon's Landing, order a bit of food and several drinks while we enjoy the view.

This will be our 5th trip to Cabo and Solomon's Landing is still our favorite place to hang out in the afternoon.

Dianne

NHC now predicts only a 2% chance of hurricane force winds in Cabo San Lucas, and only a 10% chance of winds over 50 mph. The forecast is calling for 40 mph winds today, dropping to 25 mph tomorrow.

Looks like the winds are not going to be a problem (phew) - now lets see what the rain and storm surge does. Surge shouldn't be too bad, as the wind speed shouldn't be that high.

The forecast I've seen is calling for about three inches of rain today followed by a half-inch tomorrow. While that isn't much rain if you're in the tropics (in tropical climates, you often get that much rain in an hour or two - Texas one time it rained 42 inches in one day :eek:) in flat and dry Cabo, it is still a lot. Cabo will likely get about half of its average annual rainfall over the next 36 hours. Still, things are looking up for sure.

Lets just hope for the sake of the folks further north up the Baja that it dies down a lot before getting to land tomorrow morning.

NHC now predicts only a 2% chance of hurricane force winds in Cabo San Lucas, and only a 10% chance of winds over 50 mph. The forecast is calling for 40 mph winds today, dropping to 25 mph tomorrow.

Looks like the winds are not going to be a problem (phew) - now lets see what the rain and storm surge does. Surge shouldn't be too bad, as the wind speed shouldn't be that high.

The forecast I've seen is calling for about three inches of rain today followed by a half-inch tomorrow. While that isn't much rain if you're in the tropics (in tropical climates, you often get that much rain in an hour or two - Texas one time it rained 42 inches in one day :eek:) in flat and dry Cabo, it is still a lot. Cabo will likely get about half of its average annual rainfall over the next 36 hours. Still, things are looking up for sure.

Lets just hope for the sake of the folks further north up the Baja that it dies down a lot before getting to land tomorrow morning.

This is excellent! I sure hope it holds true!

Predictions on course. I was out this morning making sand bags next to Tabasco and then went down to the marina. The surge is huge already. Water over many of the piers. The Marine's pier had broken apart and they were attempting to lash the pieces. We have had 3 really heavy bands of rain come through each lasting 30min-1hr. Each time, the downhill streets become rivers full of brown water heading for downtown but then they are fairly dry again. Wonder how far this will push the street improvement they are doing on Marina Blvd? I took lots of pictures and will try to post in abit. But all in all, looking ok with the winds. Waves up over the sand ridge at Tabasco heading for the arroyo. I am betting the hotels/resorts will being getting some waves lapping at their lobbies. We shall see.....

Let's try some picture uploads....first one is lazaro cadenas road in front of arambero grocery, next is marina blvd by el squid roe, next is marina blvd by liverpool duty free store, next is marina blvd by hardrock cafe, and last one is going down vicario street with Puerto Paraiso Plaza ahead (the mall).

672382759_lazarocadenastowardsarambero.jpg.366f9d5b60784c34d6088a102d843868.jpg

38829994_marinablvdsquidroe.jpg.5eb10ab0ebe141b7a15e81dc286213cb.jpg

647393852_marinablvdatliverpool.jpg.34d9488d40226c095a79b11e00b41cfa.jpg

1697598806_marinablvdhardrock.jpg.54415c468e82df526679c552d7dc1af5.jpg

1002791632_vicarioatplaza.jpg.0f6d11373adf56111faa77cfe579b5cb.jpg

Archived