Hurricane Jimena

Sgt. Jeff

Caro, please stay safe while you are out and about.

Dianne

Thanks Dianne and everyone...the lights are flickering. I think it is just the wind blowing the power lines. I will keep posting updates if I have electricity.

Thanks Dianne and everyone...the lights are flickering. I think it is just the wind blowing the power lines. I will keep posting updates if I have electricity.

Hang tight, Caro and please know that you and all in the area of this hurricane are in our prayers and thoughts today.

Dianne

Caro, stay safe and take care.

We are scheduled to arrive in Cabo on Mon., Sept. 28 on the Star. If there's anything you need from the states, let us know and we will try to bring it to you when we arrive.

Dianne

Oh my gosh...you are coming on the crazy day! So far the 3 NCL ships and RCCL Radiance will be at the main pier and the Elation will be over at the plaza pier. I will try to find you at Solomon's if I can.

Oh my gosh...you are coming on the crazy day! So far the 3 NCL ships and RCCL Radiance will be at the main pier and the Elation will be over at the plaza pier. I will try to find you at Solomon's if I can.

DH & I should be easy to spot at Solomon's. We will be the two graying haired cruisers in our early '60s wearing bright yellow Solomon's Landing T-shirts smiling as we sip a few or more great Mexican beers.:D

Dianne

I'm betting the waves over at Solmar & Sunset Beaches must be amazing to watch right now. Wonder how Ernesto's house is doing on Sunset Beach since it's parked right on that rock outcropping.

A friend lives close by there and was out taking some pics from Pedregal...I will see if he got a shot!

I am starting to have alittle pain in my damaged ear from the pressure as the storm gets closer. The winds are gusting heavy but still the rain is hitting us just in bands. Here are 2 more pictures....any have a chain saw in their suitcase???? Guess I will have to walk to work!

323874054_ourjardinandcars.jpg.63ffe90b7c74a37675897264b283837f.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg.07e5bfa11fe1277ed567e76ca993ca8b.jpg

I am starting to have alittle pain in my damaged ear from the pressure as the storm gets closer. The winds are gusting heavy but still the rain is hitting us just in bands. Here are 2 more pictures....any have a chain saw in their suitcase???? Guess I will have to walk to work!

Are those pics at your house, Caro?

DH & I should be easy to spot at Solomon's. We will be the two graying haired cruisers in our early '60s wearing bright yellow Solomon's Landing T-shirts smiling as we sip a few or more great Mexican beers.:D

Dianne

That should make it alittle easier to find ya...save me one por favor!

Caro-

Just read from one of the locals who posts over on trip advisor that the city is shutting off all electricity tonight at 10pm!

Thanks. The city does that as a precaution but I don't think the lines will stay up until then... The trees are going down in my neighborhood.

Thanks. The city does that as a precaution but I don't think the lines will stay up until then... The trees are going down in my neighborhood.

Looks like you won't be walking to work tonight if all the trees are down and electric is off.

Dianne

:)Nice to know. Now I won't worry so much.

Dianne

But I would love to pop down to the marina to see what is going on! Just tried to go out on my terraza to take a look but winds too strong. My dog is freaking out and the cats are asleep.

But I would love to pop down to the marina to see what is going on! Just tried to go out on my terraza to take a look but winds too strong. My dog is freaking out and the cats are asleep.

I'd listen to my pets if I were you. They are trying to tell you something.

Tomorrow will be another day and hopefully a much better day to let us know how Cabo weathered the storm.

Take care, Caro.

Dianne

Well, still have electricity, satellite and internet connection! Amazing that I never lost it other than just a few minutes. No major rain after about 7:30pm tonight and I moved most things back outside. The pilot light finally did blow out though so will have to relite it. All well in Cabo. I will take some pictures of the marina front, bay and beach area manana after I WALK down there since I have no idea when I will be able to chop my car out of the garden. Buenos noches todos!

Archived