Celebrity Fans Try CB Princess Aug 22-29th Review

Solstice23

As for the theatre seating, the theatre does not hold the amount that it could for the size of the CB. My wife is a teacher and we sail peak times on all sailing's and never had so much trouble getting a seat. 3 times this week we had to sit on the stairs and or stand like others. Perhaps we could have been earlier and get those last seats, but our waiter was so slow not personal and MIA that we never got out early. The one night we did have good seats was the night of the Chefs table.

Funny, on the Solstice I knew before hand that seating was a problem and always got there early. i have been know to skip many dessert for a good seat. not big on ship's sweets.

Funny, on the Solstice I knew before hand that seating was a problem and always got there early. i have been know to skip many dessert for a good seat. not big on ship's sweets.

Yes well we like sweets! LOL good plan though, but I do know the Solstice is about the Same size as the CB with less passengers, and just as much seating in the Theatre from what I looked up. Either way was just another annoying thing that we had to deal with. Ohh well live and learn!

Let me just start by saying, This was our experience and understand other people can have different waiters and room stewards and overall encounters. This cruise had some positives but for us, some of our encounters left us feeling let down.

How could you possibly feel let down? Your mind was completely made up you'd hate it before you even left. No wonder you're getting beaten up on the Princess board.

How could you possibly feel let down? Your mind was completely made up you'd hate it before you even left. No wonder you're getting beaten up on the Princess board.

Actually it was not made up or I would not pay the money for a cruise. If anyone had the service I did on any ship regardless they would not be happy! If we did not want to sail on her we would not have...and on more then one occasion I have posted comments in support of princess over other lines, Our cruise was not good, and if you read the reviews of the CB over the summer many people had the same issues on points we have made.

It does not mean we will never sail Princess again, it was the CB's current staff that made the cruise not good for us.

Actually it was not made up or I would not pay the money for a cruise. If anyone had the service I did on any ship regardless they would not be happy! If we did not want to sail on her we would not have...and on more then one occasion I have posted comments in support of princess over other lines, Our cruise was not good, and if you read the reviews of the CB over the summer many people had the same issues on points we have made.

It does not mean we will never sail Princess again, it was the CB's current staff that made the cruise not good for us.

I'm not debating your opinion of what happened to you on your cruise but anyone who endured your posts before the cruise would have put money on the fact that your review would have been negative. For instance, instead of "we had to ask for a top sheet because princess beds come with a bottom sheet and a comforter", it was claiming that your bed came without sheets. Seriously, no one is surprised with what you wrote. I'm really surprised a pool wasn't started.

I'm not debating your opinion of what happened to you on your cruise but anyone who endured your posts before the cruise would have put money on the fact that your review would have been negative. For instance, instead of "we had to ask for a top sheet because princess beds come with a bottom sheet and a comforter", it was claiming that your bed came without sheets. Seriously, no one is surprised with what you wrote. I'm really surprised a pool wasn't started.

thanks for the comments....

Ohh i forgot top sheet! just to bring home a point??? as if LOL crazy! If you want detail on the bed then fine....

It was hard, pillows sucked.... did I go into all that???? no I used the sheets to talk about the point concerning the Answer and service we received concerning our request for sheets, that was the main issue!

And yes the ship decor and design was dated, and since I work in retail design, illustrating and creating for Retail space, Design does matter to me and going up and down stairs, some stairs within a room, seeing people lost infront of the Palm dinning room, a theatre smaller then ships with less passengers then the CB I feel confident in calling out opportunities in this area!

You know I'd be apprehensive to try another line that was on a similar scale, ie. Princess vs say an Azamara or an Oceania. I'd be pretty nervous about it since I am accustomed to certain things on X or even RCCL that I enjoy. I like the idea of trying new things from time to time, but there is usually a good reason to stay put and go with what you know and like too.:)

After glancing over this thread, I jumped and read the comments at Princess.

By far Princess has the worst cheerleaders anywhere on CC. Along with the poorly run Princess Personal Choice dining fiasco, we have been turned off on going back to Princess.

I'm SOOOO confused about the sheets. So if you don't specifically say you want sheets on your bed, you sleep on the bare mattress? That can't be!

All Princess beds come with a bottom sheet and a Duvet. If you'd like a top sheet in addition to the Duvet all you have to do is ask.

Understand now - yes, I would definitely want a top sheet. On a warm weather cruise who wants just a heavy duvet on them. But the OP made it sound like they just handed you the sheet through the door and you have to put it on your bed yourself, like, horrors, making your bed at home? THAT can't be on a cruise when everytime you blink your steward has snuck in there to tidy everything up?!

All Princess beds come with a bottom sheet and a Duvet. If you'd like a top sheet in addition to the Duvet all you have to do is ask.

funny, hopw Americans do not get the European duvet thing. In some hotesl and ships i sleep jsut with the duvet and skip the sheet part.

Gosh Toronto, I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with Princess. We were on the Coral Princess to Alaska last year and really had no complaints. We had a standard balcony, but on Deck C you can get a larger balcony with a big round table and room for 4 chairs. I think the Coral was rated among the top 10 cruise ships on Zagat or one of those travel raters. Our room steward introduced himself with a big smile as Marlon "Brando" when we were walking down the hall to our room and was absolutely great. I called Princess before the cruise and requested down pillows and also a bed topper. They were there when we boarded. I'd say the food was good in MDR but not exceptional. When we asked for steamed asparagus, they brought us a nice serving for all of us. Anything we asked for, they got. If I remember correctly, the buffet was busy and you had to hunt for a place to sit. We were there for breakfast and the waiters had a cart and would come by the table with juice, etc. for refills.

I'm always happy when almost everything goes okay on a cruise. I'm so happy to be on the ship and on vacation that I guess I must have my rose-colored glasses on! LOL!

I've found the positives have outweighed the negatives on all of my 30+ cruises. I find it relaxing to just sit on my balcony and watch the seas go by. What bothers me most about Princess is the feeling that everything is crowded, especially the area around the shops when they place sale tables outside the stores. I've found their pizza to be excellent, believe it is a carryover from the old Sitmar line they absorbed. Just my opinion, enjoy every moment of your next cruise, we are lucky in this economy to have the ability to enjoy a wonderful vacation from reality.

Princess is not a european Line, And I have no issue needing to request top sheets! add it to the cruise personalizer! The issue I have is the way we were spoken to upon asking for the top sheet. Ohh well know we are aware!

They originated from one though. Princess till maintains a lot of it's British Roots.

What is going on with this bedding....why is a duvet on Princess not a warming blanket between two separate luxury sheets or the like? :confused:

I guess the duvet makes it easy for the room steward to make the bed. It's one unit to pull over the bed and smooth over, simpler than straightening a top sheet and a blanket and then putting the bedspread back on for the day.

I hate the duvets. They are too much like the comforters that I snuggle under during a Wisconsin winter - not exactly the feeling I want in the Caribbean. The A/C doesn't get cold enough for me to want that hot, heavy, puffy thing. I have suffered in silence under duvets on several NCL cruises and one Princess cruise. Now I know I can ask for a sheet. Can I ask for a regular blanket, too, I wonder??

My next cruise is on RCCL, and I will be asking if they have those #$%$@ duvets, too.

I guess the duvet makes it easy for the room steward to make the bed. It's one unit to pull over the bed and smooth over, simpler than straightening a top sheet and a blanket and then putting the bedspread back on for the day.

I hate the duvets. They are too much like the comforters that I snuggle under during a Wisconsin winter - not exactly the feeling I want in the Caribbean. The A/C doesn't get cold enough for me to want that hot, heavy, puffy thing. I have suffered in silence under duvets on several NCL cruises and one Princess cruise. Now I know I can ask for a sheet. Can I ask for a regular blanket, too, I wonder??

My next cruise is on RCCL, and I will be asking if they have those #$%$@ duvets, too.

I haven't been on the Caribbean Princess but any Princess ship we have been on, there's been a blanket available.

They were luxury standard on Solstice, and for sure in my favorite B&B. I love them. Just peel the two top layers back for a single sheet if it gets toasty. I don't want a faux duvet!

Don't mean to make this thread about Duvets but I really like to have a sheet as well. I know logically that they launder the duvet cover regulary just like the sheets, but there is something to be said for a little added layer between me and the last occupant of the room :) I hate to stay in hotels that don't double sheet the blanket (one under and one over), cause I always wonder if they really wash the blankets between guests.

We have sailed Princess several times and FWIW, I preferred both the Star and the Island to the CB. We found the CB very crowded and therefore the service wasn't as good. Seats at breakfast, at the pool and at the shows were all tough to come by.

Okay, I have to jump in here and offer my opinion as well. I do have to admit when I read the statement about no sheets on the bed, I thought the same thing, a bare mattress and you were expected to make the bed yourself. Glad you cleared that up and sorry you had such a bad experience.

Our very first cruise was last December on the CB and we absolutely loved it. No we didn't have anything to compare it to, but I did do a lot of research on these boards and sort of knew what to expect regarding the ship itself.

We booked a mini suite and it was a nice sized cabin with a nice balcony. Having sailed on the Royal Caribbean Monarch since then, I can honestly say that the Monarch has much smaller cabins that the CB. We couldn't even turn around in them.

We had robes in our cabin, received turn down service every night and always had a full ice bucket waiting for us to use. Never had a problem getting clean towels either. Our bed was very comfortable and so was our pillows. Sure the bathroom is small, but what do you expect, it is a cruise ship after all. It's certainly big enough to get the job done.

We found getting around the ship very easy.

We ate at both specialty restaurants and the Crown Grill was certainly not like a Ponderosa by any means. My steak was just as good as any fancy restaurant at home, and we have a lot of very nice restaurants in Houston. I might point out that we eat out all the time and travel extensively so I can make some comparisons on the food. We also had the balcony dining to celebrate our anniversary and it was one of the best meals we have ever had anywhere. The lobster and steak were the biggest we've ever eaten, the waiter sang to us and we had several courses all out under the beautiful sky.

We never had any problems getting into the Palm dining room and getting service and we had anytime dining. The food selection was great and always good.

Buffet was always good as well.

As you can tell, we didn't have any complaints, but then we didn't expect to find anything to complain about. We always travel for fun and relaxation and to have a good time and meet new friends. What could be better than that? No use letting anyone spoil our trip.

We are going on the Summit in December and look forward to seeing how these two ships compare. There are a lot of people that complain about Summit on these boards too, but I'm not paying attention to those complaints. I know we will have a great time.

I hope the service is not as bad as you found on the CB because I plan on sailing her again in the future.

Archived