I wish I had brought.....

I'm a planner so please indulge me. As a first time cruiser I would really appreciate it if our well travelled members could finish the sentence for me. Maybe just think back to your first cruise and try to remember if there is one thing you did not bring and would now not travel without.

I think I've covered the obvious of too many clothes, every document imaginable and adapters for the power points. What's not so obvious?

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

I'm a planner so please indulge me. As a first time cruiser I would really appreciate it if our well travelled members could finish the sentence for me. Maybe just think back to your first cruise and try to remember if there is one thing you did not bring and would now not travel without.

I think I've covered the obvious of too many clothes, every document imaginable and adapters for the power points. What's not so obvious?

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Small first aid kit as the doctors on board are quite expensive. Disposable ponchos incase of rain can come in very handy.

Definitely more money!

Also I wish I had bought jandals! Our first cruise was in the Mediterranean and the pool decks got flipping hot!!!

Things I bought and was glad of included ear plugs, anti nausea pills, band aids, nail clippers.

Things I could have left behind and not missed included half my dresses and at least two of my pairs of shoes.

More than one waterproof camera. On our first cruise ours was dropped exiting the water at Lifou and is currently at the bottom of Jinek Bay somewhere. On our second cruise, sharing one waterproof camera between 2 teens during a snorkelling trip didnt work too well.

Any chemist items you think you may need including cold and flu tablets and anti-snore medication.

A small backpack or beach bag for each family member for port days is very handy. Btw, you dont need to bring your beach towels - you are allowed to take the ship's pool towels ashore.

Less clothes and less shoes. Unless you plan on buying every single formal night photo - you can wear the same outfit more than once - no-one will notice or care. Shoes - one dressy pair, one comfy pair for walking and pair of reef shoes the beach is all you need imo.

I always like to collect the daily what's on guide as a souvenir. After the first cruise I now take a thin document display folder to slip them in every night in an attempt to keep organised and makes it easier to throw all the junk mail in the bin.

Never thought of the masking tape for the drawers but might add that to my list too.

i also bring the small document folder v handy

and the portable pharmacy...ev trip where i think hmmm wish we had brought such and such now i hv a list and just do a big check and shove it all in snap locks.....all over the counter stuff....cold meds, fess due air con ev day, sore throat gargle or aspros,panadol , ginger tabs, kwells, hands first hand san, anti bac hand wipes the list goes on ...some trips not used others been v happy to hv it all....

...i like taking a small torch for my bedside

...lots kindle books

...i agree with the disposable poncho. ..I picked up a 2 pack in coles supermkt for $2

Duct tape fixes everything. Would never have thought of that one so glad I asked. Don't much like the sound of rough seas causing the drawers to to roll open though[emoji15]

I was also worried as to what it would be like in rough seas before our 1st cruise and now as a 2 :p cruise veteran i can say it wasnt too bad . On our cruise last month the captain said overnight we had 5 hours of sustained winds of 150km + and yes we certainly noticed the movement but it wasn't worrisome and oddly fine to sleep. I hate turbulence on planes and i wld much rather hv ship turbulence than plane ..not sure if that helps lol. The captain avoided the really bad weather. ..we missed ports but I'd rather that than sail through a gale.

Not sure what your list includes but have a couple to add to previous posts. If the ship your going on has a laundry take some washing detergent sachets. I always take a camping clothes line as well. If the cruise is lengthy laundry cost soon add up. Include an empty drink bottle to fill and take onshore. A compass, as its interesting to see in which direction your sailing. Enjoy.

A CLOCK!!!!!!!!!

We use a battery op one from Kmart that was $10, it's got a really big digital display that dims in the dark, and if you whack the snooze button on top it lights up brightly so you can see to hop up out of bed. Also has the date, alarm time and room temp showing. It's the best clock ever.

Same here. We bought a cheapy travel clock from a similar store to K Mart and it seems to have lasted forever........as long as I remember to renew the batteries:eek::D:D