Crown princess july 1-8 norway

cleo30

After first few cruises where we purchased excursions thru the ship we started doing the vast majority privately. Find them better' date=' cheaper and less crowded. When the ship misses a port a good touring company will know about it.[/quote']

I agree. On all counts. We had booked a boat cruise at Stavanger and got a full refund from the vendor promptly the next morning.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It's good that "overall" you enjoyed the cruise. I am one of the few here who share your opinion in regard to the pizza. Ships with Alfredo's have great pizza but the stuff on Lido deck does nothing for us at all.

:cool:

Did you have a short port time in Bergen? When we were there, we went up and down the funicular and had wanted to walk down, but weren't sure if we would have time since we left at 2. We did the 7 day but are considering the 14 day. If we get back to Bergen, we would like to do the walk down. Was it a time crunch at all to do so? Thanks.

:confused:

Yes we were in port only between 7 am to 2 pm. But we were not rushed..got out early..among the first on the funicular up and had enough time to spend on endless photo stops..the walk down is very picturesque..Also the town with charming houses and flowers everywhere in the cobbled lanes was lovely to walk through..

Also the funicular had wifi!! heaven sent!

At Sabatini's' date=' did you try the twice baked artichoke soufflé, the seafood pasta, and the espresso creme brûlée? Those are all great dishes, in my book. Just sayin'... 😉

Thanks for the good review😊[/quote']

Weird. That isn't something I would normally order (twice baked artichoke soufflé and I normally don't eat in Italian venues (only because I normally find that I like my Italian food better) but, for some bizarre reason that twice baked artichoke soufflé sounds fantastic right now. Of course it is 1:08 AM... Really though, this the first time someone has posted a Sabatini's dinner that really sounds good to me. I think I would be fine ordering that as long as it can stand up to my "vision" of what it should be. Sounds pretty darn good actually. :D

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It's good that "overall" you enjoyed the cruise. I am one of the few here who share your opinion in regard to the pizza. Ships with Alfredo's have great pizza but the stuff on Lido deck does nothing for us at all.

Food is such a subjective issue as I happen to really enjoy the Lido Deck pizza.....:):):)

Bob

Weird. That isn't something I would normally order (twice baked artichoke soufflé and I normally don't eat in Italian venues (only because I normally find that I like my Italian food better) but, for some bizarre reason that twice baked artichoke soufflé sounds fantastic right now. Of course it is 1:08 AM... Really though, this the first time someone has posted a Sabatini's dinner that really sounds good to me. I think I would be fine ordering that as long as it can stand up to my "vision" of what it should be. Sounds pretty darn good actually. :D
For me the twice baked artichoke souffle is the best thing on the Sabatini's menu, however since they changed the menu I wonder if it is still offered. :loudcry: