1st Princess Cruise (Alaska)

bgyoshi

Hello everyone! This will be our first Princess Cruise, looking at the Alaska Inside Passage May 6-16, 2018 from San Francisco. We're going to be 9 adults and a 3 year old.

I'm unfamiliar with any sales/promotions by Princess. Is there any reason to wait to book our trip?

i.e. for Royal Caribbean, usually I like to wait for WOW sale for discounted deposit or some sort of promotion with On-board credit.

Right now, looks like there's a beverage/drinks promotion going on, but we're not big soda or ETOH drinkers.

Thank you!

Oh and if I book and then the price drop, does Princess allow either refunds or at least OBC for equivalent? Thanks!<br>

Yes you can refare a cruise booked on Princess. They will not refare or give OBC after final payment. Princess currently has a Sip & Sail sale. For balconies and up the first two passengers get an unlimited beverage package.

Three , fourth and kids get the non alcoholic package.

If price goes down and no promotion you'll probably lose the perks on yout booking.

Yes you can refare a cruise booked on Princess. They will not refare or give OBC after final payment. Princess currently has a Sip & Sail sale. For balconies and up the first two passengers get an unlimited beverage package.

Three , fourth and kids get the non alcoholic package.

If price goes down and no promotion you'll probably lose the perks on yout booking.

And under Sip and Sail it is a $100 refundable deposit per person.

OP - In case you aren't aware, Princess allows travel agents to discount fares; they just cannot advertise the discounted fares. We usually get about a 10% discount and quite often additional OBC from our TA.

And under Sip and Sail it is a $100 refundable deposit per person.

OP - In case you aren't aware, Princess allows travel agents to discount fares; they just cannot advertise the discounted fares. We usually get about a 10% discount and quite often additional OBC from our TA.

I wasn't! Thanks for the info!

Hello everyone! This will be our first Princess Cruise, looking at the Alaska Inside Passage May 6-16, 2018 from San Francisco. We're going to be 9 adults and a 3 year old.

I'm unfamiliar with any sales/promotions by Princess. Is there any reason to wait to book our trip?

i.e. for Royal Caribbean, usually I like to wait for WOW sale for discounted deposit or some sort of promotion with On-board credit.

Right now, looks like there's a beverage/drinks promotion going on, but we're not big soda or ETOH drinkers.

Thank you!

The current Sip&Sale Promo has a $100/pp fully refundable deposit, which is a discounted deposit. If you do not wish to have the drink package you can substitute OBC instead. If one passenger takes the OBC the other also must take it. For your 10 day cruise that would be $200/pp, probably enough to cover moderate alcoholic or non-alcoholic consumption. You can also use the OBC to pay or partially pay for pre-booked tours. If a better promo comes along and you are outside of the final payment date you can cancel and re-book without penalty. Some T.A.'s charge a fee, mine does not and Princess does not. If it is the cruise you want book it early, there is really no risk.

Do you know a good one? Or is that not allowed here on CC?

It isn't allowed on CC ...but look around; there are quite a few out there.

If you aren't picky about your room, I would wait for the 3 for free sale ... that is a great one if you are not big drinkers.

If you are picky about your room, I would go ahead and book under the current promotion so you can get the rooms you want, especially with a group, and then you can switch to a different promotion when it comes available since the Sip and Sail promo has a refundable deposit.

Alaska sometimes books quickly and pricing is dependent on how many cabins are available ... don't wait too long.

If you aren't picky about your room, I would wait for the 3 for free sale ... that is a great one if you are not big drinkers.

If you are picky about your room, I would go ahead and book under the current promotion so you can get the rooms you want, especially with a group, and then you can switch to a different promotion when it comes available since the Sip and Sail promo has a refundable deposit.

Alaska sometimes books quickly and pricing is dependent on how many cabins are available ... don't wait too long.

What is the 3 for free sale?

What is the 3 for free sale?

Sale starts in September.

a) Pay the lowest rate cabin for your category (inside, oceanview balcony, etc) and get the highest rate cabin in that category.

b) Free gratuities (for cabin steward and dining personnel)

c) Has been OBC one year and free specialty restaurant meal another year.

Thank you!